HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

5 posters

Duane Notice...does anybody Notice???

knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Duane Notice...does anybody Notice??? Empty Duane Notice...does anybody Notice???

Post by knowthegame Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:48 am

I'm just very curious to see what are the thoughts on this kid? Duane Notice in my opinion is a very talented kid who at the present moment is putting up ridiculous numbers at the National Under 15 Championships this week(I think he's avg about 25ppg, 10rpg and 4 dimes)and seems very dominant. He is not senior age(15)but played senior ball at his high school St.Mike's where he was the second leading scorer and only in the 9th grade(heading into 10th this year)!!! I know he also was the youngest participant on Canada's first ever Cadet Team(U16)and he held is own. I would just like to hear or see some peoples thoughts of this manchild?!?
    theanalyst
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-03-29

Duane Notice...does anybody Notice??? Empty Re: Duane Notice...does anybody Notice???

Post by theanalyst Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 am

Another good topic KTG! You really know your stuff but, I feel like this kid has so much upside but seems to be Ontario Basketball's Guinea Pig! I mean don't get me wrong but why aint this kid playin alongside better competition for the summer? Has he played in AAU circuit like Wiggins? I meant Team Ontario and The Cadet Teams are great accomplishments for this young stud but...he may need to mix up his time and play some AAU with the likes of Grassroots or Team Takeover! Jus my opinion KTG! Good article though!
    theunknown2009
    Freshman

Number of posts : 282
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Duane Notice...does anybody Notice??? Empty Re: Duane Notice...does anybody Notice???

Post by theunknown2009 Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:41 am

Duane gets more opportunities I think then the rest of his 94 class. Im not trying to take anything away from him but i think some of the other guys he plays with can do what he does when gettin the chance
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Post by zonekiller Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:02 pm

[quote="theanalyst"]Another good topic KTG! You really know your stuff but, I feel like this kid has so much upside but seems to be Ontario Basketball's Guinea Pig! I mean don't get me wrong but why aint this kid playin alongside better competition for the summer? Has he played in AAU circuit like Wiggins? I meant Team Ontario and The Cadet Teams are great accomplishments for this young stud but...he may need to mix up his time and play some AAU with the likes of Grassroots or Team Takeover! Jus my opinion KTG! Good article though![/quote]

Duanes accomplishments playing against some of the best players in the world is a huge accomplishment. Playing alongside guys like Pangos, Bennett, Alexander and the rest of the guys are no slouch either. He doesnt need to be pimped by the likes of g.roots or team "whatever theyre called this year" The dude has a lot of upside and doesnt need those clubs. Whatever Rana is doing for this kid is on the right track and I hope he stays in Canada and doesnt fall into the "gotta go to prep-school" bull s**t.

Duane, you keep doin what you are doin!!!!!!
    Im outta here
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by knowthegame Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:16 pm

I must say, I can agree with you zonekiller. This kid has a lot of potential and being involved with Canada Basketball and Ontario Basketball is definetly going to help him develop. I also can agree a bit to what the analyst said in regards to competing in the AAU circuit with the best players in the U.S. I don't think he has to chose the prep school route and get pimped...but playin AAU Ball has benefited all the greats in the NBA in their youth! As long as he has a strong head and a good foundation around him, he'll be ok no matter what route he decides to take!
    Know It All
    Know It All
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

Post by Know It All Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:07 am

This is one kid who will not be going to any Preparatory school anytime soon….when your parents are dishing out serious money for a solid education at St. Mikes’ you don’t just turn away from that….I’m not saying it will, but if things don’t work out for him on the court, he will have a solid academic background…….Duane keep up the good work young fella....your future is very bright.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:35 am