HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+10
TDCSBScout
tart11
hoodat
Tila_Tequila
steve.nash1
wcbasketball
veteran3
jaguarsbasketball
highflya
TAJ
14 posters

George Harvey’s 3rd Annual “Hawks Rising Star 2K9” Tourney

TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

George Harvey’s 3rd Annual “Hawks Rising Star 2K9” Tourney Empty George Harvey’s 3rd Annual “Hawks Rising Star 2K9” Tourney

Post by TAJ Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:03 pm

George Harvey’s 3rd Annual “Hawks Rising Star 2K9” Tournament

Results

Thursday, November 19, 2009

1 - Kipling 56 (Anthony Smith, 23) - Chaminade 34 (Logan Marrast, 15)
    2 - George Harvey 90 (Fidel Benjamin, 29) - Victoria Park 50 (Kevin Burgos, 18)
    3 - Arch. Romero 74 (Shaquille Woodcock, 32) - Winston Churchill 71 (Keimarr Jordan, 29)
    4 - Thornhill 69 (Stefan Nastic, 26) vs. St Jean de Brebeuf [Hamilton] 49 (Mattew Savel, 22)

5 - Champ Semi - George Harvey 64 (Nikoy Robinson, 16) - Kipling 46 (Anthony Smith, 18)
    6 - Champ Semi - Thornhill 88 (Stefan Nastic, 24) - Arch. Romero 39 (Shaquille Woodcock, 12)

7 - Friendly - Kipling 58 (Abdi Elmi, 22) - Arch. Romero 51 (Dillon Villegas, 24)

Friday, November 20, 2009

8 - Cons. Semi - Victoria Park 54 (Kevin Burgos, 18) - Chaminade (Kasey Morris, 20)
    9 - Cons. Semi - St Jean de Brebeuf 69 (Matthew Savel, 19) - Winston Churchill 55 (Keimarr Jordan, 20)

10 - Friendly - Winston Churchill 63 (Dean Masiyiwa, 16) - Chaminade 54 (Kasey Morris, 21)

11 - Cons. Final - St Jean de Brebeuf 79 (Matthew Savel, 28) - Victoria Park 52 (Jason Buron, 19)
    12 - Champ. Final - George Harvey 71 (Fidel Benjamin, 23) - Thornhill 53 (Stefan Nastic, 20)

Medals/Awards

Three Point Winner:
    Kevin Burgos (11 points) Victoria Park

5 All Stars:
    Matthew Savel (Brebeuf), Max Grossman & Stefan Nastic (Thornhill), Tyrell Ferguson & Fidel Benjamin (George Harvey)

Tournament MVP:
    Fidel Benjamin (George Harvey)

Last edited by TAJ on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 7 times in total
    highflya
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-08-16

George Harvey’s 3rd Annual “Hawks Rising Star 2K9” Tourney Empty Re: George Harvey’s 3rd Annual “Hawks Rising Star 2K9” Tourney

Post by highflya Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:49 pm

which brebeuf is that? from toronto?
    jaguarsbasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-11-06

George Harvey’s 3rd Annual “Hawks Rising Star 2K9” Tourney Empty Re: George Harvey’s 3rd Annual “Hawks Rising Star 2K9” Tourney

Post by jaguarsbasketball Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:59 pm

st. jean de brebeuf from york
    veteran3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2009-11-10

Post by veteran3 Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:02 pm

brebeuf from hamilton
    highflya
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-08-16

Post by highflya Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:03 pm

[quote="veteran3"]brebeuf from hamilton[/quote]

which one is in the tournament? :S
    jaguarsbasketball
    Freshman

Post by jaguarsbasketball Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:03 pm

lol wow theres alot of brebeufs
    jaguarsbasketball
    Freshman

Post by jaguarsbasketball Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:04 pm

the one from hamilton just checked the list
    veteran3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2009-11-10

Post by veteran3 Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:05 pm

k?
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:12 pm

A couple of questions/concerns regarding this draw and set up.
    1) Please make sure all coaches are e-mailed with this information. As of this moment, I do not have an e-mail from you regarding the draw yet it is already on Hooptown. Not all coaches will check here first.

2) When is the 3 point shooting contest? I asked a few questions from your school regarding the procedure on this and have not heard back from you guys.

3) If there is a 3 point contest being held, how many players do we pick? I am gonna assume it would be one per team.

4) Reading this draw, you have the 4 first round winners playing a semi-final later the same day(2:30, 4:00) then the two losers of those semi-finals playing a third game at 6:00. This means that 2 teams will play 3 games on one day and none on the second day. Is this correct?

I look forward to the tournament and I thank you for accepting my school to participate in it.

Regards
    Coach Bobb
    Head Coach
    Winston Churchill CI
    TAJ
    Freshman

Post by TAJ Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Coach Bobb,

Sorry for the delay. You (+ other coaches) will be getting a mail tomorrow regarding the tournament. It will give details to the draw, locker room info, 3 point shootout format and etc.

Thanks
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:26 pm

Coach WC don't worry this tournament looks to be as organized as the GH team.....wow
    TAJ
    Freshman

Post by TAJ Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:14 pm

Yes Coach, Dont Worry. Our athletic council aspires to make this one of the finer, organized tournaments in the GTA. Wink
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:09 am

[quote="steve.nash1"]Coach WC don't worry this tournament looks to be as organized as the GH team.....wow[/quote]
    Are you saying that you think it is organized or un-organized? LOL! I was just inquiring because I hadn't received any information from the school by e-mail yet I saw our draw on here. I wanted to make sure if I needed 1 shooter for the contest and how it was to be conducted. This format certainly makes it hard to prepare for teacher coverage, as my team could play 1 or 3 games on Thursday and either 1, 2 or no games on Friday.
    There looks to be some very good teams in this. I think the first round matchup between Thornhill and their big man against Brebeuf from Hamilton, who played very well at the Pinky Lewis tournament will be a great one. I'm looking forward to the tournament.
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by Tila_Tequila Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:25 am

Coach i believe that you have mixed up schools! The Brebeuf in the Pinky Lewis Tournament was Brebeuf Toronto Not hamilton!
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:34 am

I believe that Brebeuf Toronto played in the Lions invitational and Brebeuf Hamilton played in the Pinky Lewis. Could somebody confirm this or correct me and/or Tila? So many Brebeuf's. LOL!
    hoodat
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by hoodat Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:00 am

Actually, the Brebeuf in the George harvey Tournament is the same Brebeuf that played in the Pinky Lewis. That brebeuf is from Hamilton. Not too sure how they'll handle a 7 footer though. They played hard, but didn't seem to have too much height.
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Harvey should be in the final against Brebeuf.

Brebeuf from Hamilton is always competitive and well coached. Thornhill has the 6'10" Stefan Nastic, getting looked at by Duke. Not sure if they have anything else after that. I pick Brebeuf.

Churchill seems to have a coach who knows what they are doing and I hear Romero has 2 good transfers. Interesting match up.

Nice to see Vic Park out and about. Didn't even know they had a basketball team. They were pretty good about 15 years ago. If my memory is correct.
    hoodat
    Freshman

Post by hoodat Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:20 pm

If Brebeuf (Hamilton) gets by Thornhill, and that's a tall order in itself, they will only have 1 game off before they play Churchill. That may be an issue.
    TDCSBScout
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-11-18

Post by TDCSBScout Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:32 pm

ArchBishop Romero has Shaquille Woodcock.
    hoodat
    Freshman

Post by hoodat Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:36 am

Also an issue lol!
    tart11
    Senior

Post by tart11 Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Well, Thornhill and George Harvey certainly walked into the final.

George Harvey is a possible super 16 team and Thornhill can get on the radar with a big win in the final tomorrow.

TAJ how did Stefan Nastic do?
    TAJ
    Freshman

Post by TAJ Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Stefan is a very nice player. He is calm and knows his game. He is great in the post and certainly can step outside the paint and shoot. He also tried a three but missed Smile. Once, he took the ball from one side to the other and finished at the hole. He can also pass! He made some sick no look back passes. Also, he dunked once or twice.
    Thornhill overall has a good team. A lot of the guys can shoot and create for each other. But their biggest asset is Stefan.
    I think Stefan will be even dangerous if he can add some more muscle.
    The Finals will be interesting as Fidel will go head to head with Stefan!

BTW, I believe there were some eyes from States watching him.
    tart11
    Senior

Post by tart11 Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Stefan is a real player with NCAA interest. He has a high basketball IQ and he can score on his own.

Fidel is a good player, but his attitude on the court takes away from his game. I've seen him play and he is too cocky. He is more interested in wooooing the crowd then winning.
    TAJ
    Freshman

Post by TAJ Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Tart11,

I will disagree with you on this one. I know Fidel really well. He loves basketball and his main purpose on the court is to win games! Yes, he is a bit emotional and that is why you see him act the way he acts. He is still in the act of maturing as a player.
    And I dont think he his cocky. He respects his opponents and their talent.
    I know many people wont agree with me. However, what you see from the Bleacher is totally different than what you see from the Bench or from the Floor.
    Please don't think I am defending him because he is my friend. Neutral I know him from a athletic standpoint too.

Last edited by TAJ on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    unknownballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-07-20

Post by unknownballer Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:40 pm

can you post results

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:22 am