HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+12
Toronto Matrix
sba123
elevator
dak1
futurebigtimecoach
tek23
rerun
geno23
JDizzle12
bronbron23
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
HooptownGTA
16 posters

SBA Shootout

geno23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2009-11-24

SBA Shootout - Page 2 Empty Re: SBA Shootout

Post by geno23 Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:50 pm

sba123 wrote:Its true bos can shoot better than Edwards, but when Anderson faced Markam i watched closely and Edwards and Bos gaurded eachother the whole but in the outcome Edwards scored probaly around 23 and Bos had like 7. Edwards did shut him down and keep him under 10 pts. Vs Dennison Pangos was also struggling. I dont deny that Pangos is a phenominal player but once again he didnt go off on the anderson gaurds like he did on pope. People are saying Anderson got waxed by Loyola well that game they lost by 7 Pierre scoring 19 and Edwards with 23, mean while a apparent top Gaurd Mike L'African was gaurding Edwards. I know whitby is an easy place to play but when Pierre and Edwards face top players thier age they do go to work? Which is why i tihnk they are in the top ten in gta for their age. Anderson also faced JClarke and lost by 4 and that was their first game played and once again there was a post that said Pierre and Edwards both had 23, but if people are saying that they arnt in the top 10 then somethings wrong!

J.Clarke didn't play their best against Anderson, they weren't trying too hard at all. Apparently, Donald Wilson even kept up with J.Clarke during an exhibition game, but as soon as J.Clarke turned it on (2 - 3 minutes left in the fourth), they destroyed them. J.Clarke is far superior to Anderson, but Anderson is a great team IMO.

On the Pangos vs. Edwards note, Pangos is far less flashy, but he can score in bunches. He is also a better passer, among many other things, although IMO Edwards > Pangos defensively. All things considered though, Kevin is a better player..
    Toronto Matrix
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

Post by Toronto Matrix Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 pm

How is Newtonbrook and is Andi their main player?
    sba123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-02-10

Post by sba123 Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:37 pm

i dont think anderson had their best game vs jclarke either considering they were down by 27 pionts at half!
    but its okay andersons a whitby team soo no one wants to give them credit but im telling you they will make noise at ofsaa!
    tek23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2010-02-08

Post by tek23 Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:55 pm

sba123 wrote:i dont think anderson had their best game vs jclarke either considering they were down by 27 pionts at half!
    but its okay andersons a whitby team soo no one wants to give them credit but im telling you they will make noise at ofsaa!

There is no doubt about that, I'm saying these guys are the most underrated school in the GTA. They can compete at a high level no doubt.
    SSSmooth
    SSSmooth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2008-08-07

Post by SSSmooth Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:11 am

I don't think this Pierre guy really that good, he has a good athletic supporting cast, and everyone on the team knows the game well. I really think Bos is a lot better than Pierre, when markham played anderson the score at the end of the first quarter was 20-2, and markham shot 1-15 from the field. It was just a fluky game just like the Antawn Jamison game last night if anyone saw that haha. Horrible shooting percentage and Bos was just 2 for 15 from the field. Bos proves to be consistant averaging over 30 a game he can be a true point gaurd as he has proven throughout highschool. It;s just because this year his supporting cast isn't nearly as solid as it was in the previous years, so he has to be the scorer this season. IMO

Pangos=Bos>Pierre

Pangos-Bos York Region Semi Finals, we'll see how this plays out. Should be interesting cheers
    geno23
    Freshman

Post by geno23 Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:21 pm

SSSmooth wrote:I don't think this Pierre guy really that good, he has a good athletic supporting cast, and everyone on the team knows the game well. I really think Bos is a lot better than Pierre, when markham played anderson the score at the end of the first quarter was 20-2, and markham shot 1-15 from the field. It was just a fluky game just like the Antawn Jamison game last night if anyone saw that haha. Horrible shooting percentage and Bos was just 2 for 15 from the field. Bos proves to be consistant averaging over 30 a game he can be a true point gaurd as he has proven throughout highschool. It;s just because this year his supporting cast isn't nearly as solid as it was in the previous years, so he has to be the scorer this season. IMO

Pangos=Bos>Pierre

Pangos-Bos York Region Semi Finals, we'll see how this plays out. Should be interesting cheers

thank you for your insight but Pierre is a centre, Bos and Pangos are guards. Make a valid comparison and come back. A better comparison would be edwards vs pangos vs Bos, at which point it would be Pangos>Edwards>>Bos. Brandon is a pure shooter, he isn't versatile enough to be considered with the likes of Pangos, or even edwards. You saw the game he had against Anderson, he has an off shooting night and it's over for him because he can't do work inside 10-15 feet.
    SSSmooth
    SSSmooth
    Freshman

Post by SSSmooth Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:58 pm

Oh is that right my bad, I thought Pierre was the point gaurd on Anderson.. Bos can get in the paint, he draws fouls and gets himself to the line a lot, usually he shoots at least 8 free throws a game, not to mention his rebounding ablilities, he grabs at least 10 boards a game on average. Is Edwards the PG from Anderson?
    SSSmooth
    SSSmooth
    Freshman

Post by SSSmooth Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:59 pm

PS you're silly if you think Bos doesn't have an inside game
    sba123
    Freshman

Post by sba123 Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:49 pm

yeahh hes that PG from anderson
    Holla_Bizzack
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-02-23

Post by Holla_Bizzack Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 am

Who are the leading scorers for the game Kipling 58 - Centennial (Belleville) 43 (Both) ???? if not both then kipling ?
    SSSmooth
    SSSmooth
    Freshman

Post by SSSmooth Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:47 pm

sba123 wrote:yeahh hes that PG from anderson

The point gaurd from Anderson is pretty good, although you really cant compare him to Bos or Pangos.
    He has many options on offence to use, while Bos doesn't have anyone really, except himself and 2 other players, Anderson has a deeper bench and the starters are stronger.

Bos V Pangos in a couple hours > Anderson Point Guard.
    geno23
    Freshman

Post by geno23 Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:03 pm

SSSmooth wrote:
    sba123 wrote:yeahh hes that PG from anderson

The point gaurd from Anderson is pretty good, although you really cant compare him to Bos or Pangos.
    He has many options on offence to use, while Bos doesn't have anyone really, except himself and 2 other players, Anderson has a deeper bench and the starters are stronger.

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, and the game is so subjective. I respect that, and this could really easily turn into a Kobe v Lebron type debate because it's hard to draw real conclusions.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 pm

SSSmooth wrote:

Would you not agree that Bos' statistics are inflated because of the lack of skill on his team? He scores more because nobody else on his team can. Look at Chris Bosh he's not the most exceptional rebounder in the NBA,yet he's at the top,why? Nobody else on the raptors is rebounding so he gets alot more. Im not saying Bos isn't better then Edwards, but stats can be deceiving.
    SSSmooth
    SSSmooth
    Freshman

Post by SSSmooth Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Pangos defeated Bos 68-49

Both players played well, Pangos hit 7 threes in the first half to bring the deficit 43-19 at halftime. I think Bos had around 25 of his teams 49, and Pangos easily had around the same. Denisons team is WET! they were hitting threes almost every possession!

It should have been a closer game, but first half markham started off slowwwww! they couldnt hit anything!

@ NEVAQUITNEVALOSE - I agree, but Markham does have skill on there team, they have Zach Shaban who's one of the top Big Men in Grade 10, plays for St. D's who've won 3 outta 4 years D1 Ontario championships. They have another Big man Sebastian Clarke who is a returning 5th yearer and has played rep ball with Bos since grade 8 I believe. although i havent really seen any of Andersons games I can't say much about Edwards, except he has a decent shot, not consistant like Pangos, Bos or any other big name. Does he play rep ball anywhere?
    sba123
    Freshman

Post by sba123 Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Lol thats funnny...Bos being bettter then Edwards, when i watch Anderson face Markham Anderson played man the whole game Bos and Edwards both gaurding eachother but Edwards scored 25+ and your boy Bos scored under 10 if you compare those stats to his stats against those garabage teams then he would be considered a inconsistant player. Dont get me wrong Bos is good but from what i seen head to head Edwards killed him. Even before in your other post you said Markham couldnt hit anything the only player that shoots is basically Bos, looks like another inconsistant game. But you have your opinons in my opinion and from what i saw Edwards can score almsot any time he wants Bos cant seeing as when he faces good gaurds he gets locked down or as what you say he starts off slow but we can use that as an excuse to being shut down!
    chosen1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post by chosen1 Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Did Edwards deserve MVP instead of Pierre
    sba123
    Freshman

Post by sba123 Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 pm

I think Pierre deserved it he put up some big numbers in two important games which were against Dennison and Laurier! I believe he had 30 vs Laurier!
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Post by whatupdawg Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:58 pm

wen waz dis turney....yyyyz we styl talkin abowt dis turney??? menz demz sezon mus be dun...nuthin 2 talkz abowt...bow wow wow!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:47 am