HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

Leke Bankoles Hightlight 09-10 Season[AAAA LOSSA][Underated]

CP3-KB24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Leke Bankoles Hightlight 09-10 Season[AAAA LOSSA][Underated] Empty Leke Bankoles Hightlight 09-10 Season[AAAA LOSSA][Underated]

Post by CP3-KB24 Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:51 pm

The most underrated player in AAAA LOSSA.

http://vimeo.com/10646658

(All games were not filmed.)
    CP3-KB24
    Freshman

Leke Bankoles Hightlight 09-10 Season[AAAA LOSSA][Underated] Empty Re: Leke Bankoles Hightlight 09-10 Season[AAAA LOSSA][Underated]

Post by CP3-KB24 Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:17 pm

I averaged 25+ points during this season including scoring 41 points in two different games. I have passion for this game and i am trying to play at the next level for next year. I am looking forward for an opportunity to showcase my talent.

Please contact me at countastrike@hotmail.com
    or my high school coach at paul_roughley@kprdsb.ca
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Leke Bankoles Hightlight 09-10 Season[AAAA LOSSA][Underated] Empty Re: Leke Bankoles Hightlight 09-10 Season[AAAA LOSSA][Underated]

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Not bad. Work on your left.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:56 pm

i think u make good choices and play a good style but to get next level you will need more of a left and likely more hops and speed

sorry but that is just my opinion
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:07 pm

I agree with you 100%! You've definitely been one of the most underated players in Durham the past two years. Also, I thought you had a good showing at the Battle of the Boards-Durham tryout. If you played at a school like Pickering, J Clarke or Pine Ridge, then you would have been recognized and appreciated. I like the way you presented yourself on your posting....ambitious, hungry and but confident......that's good! My question to you is what are you ideally looking for? Are you looking at Canadian Community college ball, CIS ball, NJCAA Juco ball, NAIA or NCAA basketball...all of the above...some of the above. Are you an academic student or an applied student? You need to get clear on what you are trying to do.
    CP3-KB24
    Freshman

Post by CP3-KB24 Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:37 pm

yes thank you i have been working on my left hand and my speed and jumping ability all ready since the season has ended. I am looking for all of the above and any opportunity that presents itself. I am certain i will consider it. I am an academic student. Basically what I am trying to do is play at the next level that's my goal as of right now, I am not saying i am the best player because I have alot of things to improve on but that's why i study and practice the game of basketball i would just like any opportunity for that next level of basketball. I believe I can perform at that stage and that I am ready for it.
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:30 pm

There are definitely many opportunities for you to play post secondary school basketball. For starters, I know that you can easily play Canadian community college basketball. I've seen you play a few times and I know you have the skill set, athleticism and hunger to excell. You could play at schools like Durham College, Seneca, Fleming, Humber, Algonquin or St. Lawrence. All of these schools have pretty good programs. You need to contact the coaches for these schools....get their email address or contact number.....get in touch with them and let them know who you are, what you've done so far and how they can get in touch with you.

There are opportunities to play C.I.S. as well, but, that is a step up from Community College ball. If you are an academic student and university bound, then you should do the same. Contact the coaches at the schools which you are interested in.....that have the academic program that you ideally want to study. You stand a much better chance in a tryout situation, if the coach knows who you are from the onset rather than being a virtual unknown. Once you've done that, work on getting bigger and stronger in the weight room...work on your conditioning.....running, running and more running....work on your game..ball handling, shooting. Make sure you play in a competitive summer league like the University of Toronto Summer League or catch on with a good AAU team.

If you are looking at the US option, then you will need a lot more time. Coaches have already made up their minds on who they are going to sign for September 2010. The actual NCAA signing date for basketball is on Wednesday April 14th. You would have to wait until the start of next school year at the absolute earliest point. You can't wait until the end of your senior season to start looking at opportunities in the United States. It is way to late by then!!!!! You need to plan for that at least a year in advance.

Last edited by rerun on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CP3-KB24
    Freshman

Post by CP3-KB24 Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:36 pm

alright thank you thank you very much i appreciate it alot
    rerun
    Senior

Post by rerun Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:07 pm

Centennial College is having a couple of open runs at Pine Ridge Secondary School for the next two weeks while their gym is being completed. They take place on Wednesday evenings from 6:30pm-9:00pm. If you are interested on working on your game and getting an opportunity to play against some college players, you should consider it. If you are interested in playing college ball, you can contact Craig Andrews at craig.andrews@durhamcollege.ca......he's an English professor at Durham College, but, he coaches the men's basketball team at Centennial College.
    CP3-KB24
    Freshman

Post by CP3-KB24 Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Thank you, I will try and make those runs, but my goal is to go down south i just need the exposure!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:23 pm