HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

2 posters

Toronto Big Time Tournament June 4-6 CANCELLED

Coach Mauro
    Freshman

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2009-04-28

Toronto Big Time Tournament June 4-6 CANCELLED Empty Toronto Big Time Tournament June 4-6 CANCELLED

Post by Coach Mauro Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:20 am

St David Basketball and Ohio Basketball are teaming up again for the 2nd TORONTO BIG TIME TOURNAMENT in Pickering.

For more information please visit www.ohiobasketball.com and look for the tournament links.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at maurod@mdswireless.com

Hope to see you at the Toronto Big Time!

Coach Mauro

Last edited by Coach Mauro on Thu May 13, 2010 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : UPDATE STATUS)
    HamiltonBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 152
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Toronto Big Time Tournament June 4-6 CANCELLED Empty Re: Toronto Big Time Tournament June 4-6 CANCELLED

Post by HamiltonBall Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Caoch M, my team attended this tournament last summer and are considering it again this year, however, why Pickering HS? I don't see the connection between that location & St. D'd. Plus we hate the floor in the old gym at Pickering - it is falling apart with tiles popping out - can be dangerous. I'm hoping that you can come up with a better location.
    Coach Mauro
    Freshman

Toronto Big Time Tournament June 4-6 CANCELLED Empty Re: Toronto Big Time Tournament June 4-6 CANCELLED

Post by Coach Mauro Tue May 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Hamilton Ball;

Sorry for not responding sooner. we have also secured Bill Crothers HS in Markham. However, I cant guarantee what teams are playing in what gyms. I looked at your request and took it into consideration. I appreciate the feedback as we are trying to build this event into a premier event, going forward.

Coach Mauro
    HamiltonBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 152
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post by HamiltonBall Tue May 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks for responding and taking action Coach M. We look forward to participating.
    Coach Mauro
    Freshman

Post by Coach Mauro Thu May 13, 2010 9:23 am

At this point in discussions with our US partners, we've decided to cancel this years event and postpone for next year.

It all hinders on US teams, players and parents having the right documents (passports and temporary guardian letters) available at the time of travel across the border.

An initiative is being started "educating" the US teams about the proper documentation for sports teams travelling across the border.

We are confident that next years' tournament will be an exciting one with many US teams coming up.

The mandate for St David and Ohio Basketball is to have at least 33% US representation in every age category for our event. Unfortunately, this year it wasn't looking to hit that mark.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at next years event.

Coach Mauro

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:58 am