HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+20
seeker
Peel Fan
Alwaysthetruth
Vivo
pau gasol123
riptown
Uniden
tart11
gunta
Peel Gym Voyager
Mu2
nnba
TrueTalkz50
jt
stevelogan92
rerun
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
Mr Bean
iloveball
baller000
24 posters

Peel predictions

baller000
    Freshman

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

Peel predictions Empty Peel predictions

Post by baller000 Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Who's taking it?
    iloveball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2010-06-27

Peel predictions Empty Re: Peel predictions

Post by iloveball Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:32 pm

campion ofcourse
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Number of posts : 131
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Mr Bean Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:58 pm

That's a joke right?
    iloveball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2010-06-27

Post by iloveball Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:06 pm

nah its not, don't sleep on dem
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Why not wait until rosters are released before making predicitions? You never know whats going to happen, plus injuries are also a factor.
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:59 am

I think that people will be down on Campion because they lost a lot of 5 year players. History will tell you that you can't replace good 5 year players with some promising grade 11 players without some setbacks and growing pains. Also, it seems like in Peel that certain schools have their run and then someone new emerges. If you go a couple of years back, Peel was all about Notre Dame and Goetz. Those two schools went at it for about 2-3 years, then Notre Dame dropped off the scene when Messam, Daviou, Pierre and P-NUt moved on. They were great players that could not be easily replaced.

Next, it was Father GoetZ and Campion. Goetz had an amazing run with the Tyndales, Isaac, Reiko, Tut and Nicholson but then those players moved and to college and university. These were also very taleneted players that haven't been replaced since they moved on. Goetz basketball has not been the same on the girls and guys side in the last two years. During the last two years, D'Youville and Campion have emerged as the top two teams in Peel. Campion has lost a lot of experienced core players and so has D'Youville. Only time will tell if they can hold on for another year or one or two new teams step to the forefront and take the top two spots in Peel.

Will it be Fletchers Meadow and somebody? I don't think a public school has taken top spot since probably Lincoln Alexander a while back.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:12 pm

ND had a good team in the 90's making it to the final 5 times. They have never won it. They were never able to beat the Westwoods or Morningstar teams. Leger had a run in the early 90's with 3 Peel championships in a row.

Campion can be good next year but they are like the Buffalo Bills of Peel Basketball. They have gone to 3 finals in a row. No Championship.

I wont say who will win Peel next year because it is premature. But I will comment on 3 teams who will be very tough in Peel. Fletchers Meadow, Father Goetz, and D'youville will all be solid teams. They all have a group of returning seniors aswell as a solid group of juniors moving up aswell.
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:43 am

My predictions for top peel teams:

DY, Fletcher's and Ascension (sleeper choice to take it all)

Last edited by jt on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:53 pm

The teams I predict are going to contenders is fletchers,d'y ,mount carmel and acension.I don't know about campion because like 11 out of the 16 players graduated this year and don't have any grade 11's that I heard of that could do some damage ,but i heard they have a few grade 10's coming up to senior next season so there going to be alright there but i don't think their going to the ropssa finals like the last three years they may come back in a couple seasons as for father Goetz their not going to be peel contenders for right now their time past ,(this is just my opinion).I don't know about Sandalwood ,Bcs,bramalea,central peel,turner and nd but these teams had great grade 10's and 11's so they may make the playoffs next year but their on the radar.As for the four teams that i mentioned above ,thier looking strong and hungary for a rosppa title plus they have great coaching and a buch of expereinced players,so it's going to be between these teams that's winning rosppa, I am Wink 100% sure it's going to be between these 4 teams
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:18 pm

What you guys know about Ascension? Is Bikram Gill back or what? And what about that quick as lightning guard they got who can slash and pop up a sweet shot, forgot his name.

If these two cats back and they get a couple of solid juniors moving up, I think this just might be Ascension's year to finally take ropssaa.
    nnba
    Freshman

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2009-09-30

Post by nnba Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:52 pm

DY and Carmel will be good
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:37 pm

I think the guards name is ____ Brown and will be in grade 12 next year, Bilkram I believe will be back

I can't see Campion even making an impact. All starters are gone, and 3 of those starters are legit. I can't see players filling there shoes next year.

Fletchers, d'y, ascension, and goetz will be the impact teams. Remember Goetz lost to D'y be 2-3 points in the semis and they lose one okay player. i think Fletchers will need another year, but will be a threat.
    Mount Carmel? aren't they losing 2-3 starters? especially their quick PG
    Peel Gym Voyager
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-08-11

Post by Peel Gym Voyager Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:00 pm

D'youville and Fletchers both have outstanding juniors moving up to Seniors, especially D'Youville they have a legit 5-7 juniors who could immediately making an impact.
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:37 pm

Yeah thats it Camal Brown, he and Bikram together can make a pretty nice combo add one or two more guys and Ascension is right up there with the best of them.

I dont think Carmel will be that good, they losing too many solid senior and not enough juniors coming up.

DY always has a sick junior farm system to feed into Seniors.

As of now: DY and Fletchers are the heavy-hitters i say.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:13 pm

[quote="jt"]Yeah thats it Camal Brown, he and Bikram together can make a pretty nice combo add one or two more guys and Ascension is right up there with the best of them.

I dont think Carmel will be that good, they losing too many solid senior and not enough juniors coming up.

DY always has a sick junior farm system to feed into Seniors.

As of now: DY and Fletchers are the heavy-hitters i say.[/quote]

JT lol werent you bashing Camal Brown last year. Coach Warren would remember.

Anyways .... D'Y have 7 legit juniors moving up..DY had a bunch of guys on the team this year waiting for their chance. Ex. Kamar A I think his name is...D'Y honest to god could field two solid Senior teams with the amount of talent that team will have this year
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Carmel will always be competitive. There is alot of questions about this years upcoming team. Coach Tucci gets the best out of what he is given. Plus Carmel plays in the weakest division.

Carmels top 3 junior players played senior last year. So that will help them.

Like I said Fletcher, D'Y, Goetz and Ascension will be the early favourites.
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Yeah i know d'y is always going to be a contender ,it seems that every year they always have players filling in the shoes of players that graduate and move on i wonder how could d'y do this but probably in couple years d'y is not going to be in the same position as how they look now 2009 - 2011 as there not getting as many gradfe 8's as before due to new schools opening up e,g campion) As for Father goetyz i don't see them going far in the playoffs ,didn't they loose key seniors last year.As for this year fletchers they have a good chance this year ,there team is mostly grade 11's (that was what I was told,so they may look solid next season

Mount Carmel is going to be a contender in peel for a few seasons and not just this sdeason coming up i was told that there senior team had a number of solid juniors.Assension is going to be another peel contender,in other words there going to be nasty with that solid gaurd and bikraim Gill.Does Assension play against a ofsaa aaaa team if they make it to the finals of peel or do they play another team from another region to gain an ofsaa birth since there an ofssaa aaa team .Can someone tell me
    confused
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Anyways .... D'Y have 7 legit juniors moving up..DY had a bunch of guys on the team this year waiting for their chance. Ex. Kamar A I think his name is...D'Y honest to god could field two solid Senior teams with the amount of talent that team will have this year[/quote]

Someone finally said it that is a correct statement DY could field 2 solid Senior teams.Coach Zoff take a hint lol.
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:17 am

love the pre-season hype and talk. keep in mind though that this is just talk.

1) d'y-two time senior champion, strong junior program, great coach. doesn't matter who they lose, they have to be the favorites, remember last year everyone was saying they would suck cause they could lose people. lose sahota, boateng. return periana and shane.
    2) fletcher's-returning 11 out of 12 i believe. solid juniors. solid, experienced coaching, would of made more noise in the play-offs last year if not for campion... shaq keith was an alternate for the ontario team
    3) goetz-i think they suprised alot of people last year. not sure who they are returning but have solid juniors, proved last year that they are a true basketball school
    4) ascenscion-returning most. top contender if bikram returns but i hear that he is going prep, solid coaching, camall brown should put in work
    5) sandalwood-real good junior team coming up, returning troy grant, not very experienced and always underachieving

notes

carmel-cassidy ryan is a solid prospect, always competitive team, coach gets alot out of his squad, but not enough this year

xavier-pryce might not be back, lose forde, should not be strong

notre dame-lose center, thompson, simpson?, not sure who is back, i think their year was last year, one of the greatest coaches in peel

bcss-returning most, solid coaching, lost their center and andrew howell, will be a threat, coach gets alot out of his squad, but not enough

st augustine-solid program, returning alot of guys and have some juniors. will make play-offs cause they have a great coach

campion-lose the big 3. tychon at laurentian? clennon? mcdonald? solid junior program i would be surprised if they make semis this year

lewis-nick madray is going into grade 11. him and bikram gill might be the top players in peel next year, that is if they don't go prep,

gonzaga-had a solid junior team. marcus hanson in senior should be great but he has no help. lose the big center

mississauga-lost jamal johnes to ryerson, very weak juniors coming up

leger-kash lawrence is a great player, but that's it. bring back skeete.

central peel-yes, not a typo, should be in tier i this year. their juniors were one of the most talented teams in peel last year, but they played tier ii. even if they play tier i won't make much noise though,

jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:42 am

Nah man I wasnt bashing Camal Brown, it was that short stocky PG they had who was really slow and causing lots of turnovers.

Oh say word DY got Shane back too, this DY squad looking better and better than I thought.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:00 am

Bramalea should move up to Tier 1!
    Uniden
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2010-03-29

Post by Uniden Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:05 am

word is marcus and myles aint going back to zaga
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:35 pm

are they going prep? or another school in the region? or maybe Carr recruited them? LOL
    nnba
    Freshman

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2009-09-30

Post by nnba Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:00 pm

marcus is going to carmel
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:35 pm

huge pick-up for carmel if he is eligible. Did he move in the area.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:28 am