HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+5
petro
iloveball
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
gunta
jt
9 posters

Findlay Prep Gets 2 more Canadians

jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Findlay Prep Gets 2 more Canadians  Empty Findlay Prep Gets 2 more Canadians

Post by jt Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:13 pm

As yall probably know word on block is two more mans are going to one of the best high schools in US (Top 3 for last few years) Findlay Prep. Ya got Anthony Bennett from B Town and Naz Long from Sauga.

Haha for alll you Peel haters what you have to say that. Just keep remembering everytime you beat a Peel time in OFFSA that you aint beating their "real" team. The REAL team be kicking it down south with the real competition.
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Findlay Prep Gets 2 more Canadians  Empty Re: Findlay Prep Gets 2 more Canadians

Post by gunta Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Useless posting. you need to get more info about the whole prep thing you might be surprise what you learn.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Findlay Prep Gets 2 more Canadians  Empty Re: Findlay Prep Gets 2 more Canadians

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:14 pm

At the end of the day what do you get out of boosting peel so much? Absolutely nothing so get back in your little bean bag chair and order one of those sports channels so you can watch Tristan play for Texas. And by the way last year Cory was doing a lot better then Tristan. This year is set to be Kabongos year. Id venture to say the year after is going to be Negus Webster-Chans year because at about an inch shorter then Anthony Bennett and with his skill set Im going to say he is going to do better down there. So while your peel guys might be doing excellent, the East end guys are doing even better. Stop putting them in sections because down there they dont know peel, they dont know ajax, they dont know anything besides Canada and maybe a few (the northern states) will know a little more. Definitely not in Nevada they wont know jack about Canada.
    iloveball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2010-06-27

Post by iloveball Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

^ thats true
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:54 am

Naw man its all the mans on this site that be hating on the wild west trying to say how come PEEL cant do anything at OFSSA. Thats why we got to put our hood up and not let mans talk smack about it.
    petro
    petro
    Senior

Number of posts : 1021
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by petro Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:29 am

Mans... I wish I had a purpose in life like jt.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:40 pm

While jt is a just a little too obsessive about his pet topic the fact remains that many posters have called Peel overrated because they never make it past the quarterfinals at OFSAA. Yet many of these same people want to put their fingers in their ears and pretend not to hear the two very valid justifications for this: The balance of talent across the league that you don't see in any other GTA division and the disproportionate number of players lost to the US.

This doesn't mean that no other league loses top talent to the US and that all other league are one-team shows but none of them are affected by the combination of the two factors as much as Peel.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:43 pm

or so you think PEEL fan
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:59 am

Not so you think, so we KNOW.

The stats speak for themselves. Look at all the ballers gone prep from GTA and you will see probably half of them are from Peel.

Plus lets not forget Peel is only 1 million people and TDSB is close to 3 million people. So you already got way more people living there.

Plus come to Peel and you will see how many Indians live there and lets face it, they dont really play ball. No disrespect to all the future Indian ballers from B Town, I see lots of potential. Some of them Punjabi guys are mad tall. Nuff luv to brown ballers like Manny Sahota, Bikram Gill and Bhullar Bros who made their mark in Peel. I bet if more Indians start playing ball in B Town then yall going to see how good B Town schools are, cuz over half the population in these schools are indian.

Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:22 am

i love ball wrote:or so you think PEEL fan

What part do you think is incorrect?

Count the number of ballers who have left for US prep schools and divide into the population of the regions and you'll see the proportion of Peel ballers. It's simple math.

As far as league balance is concerned, it's a simple matter of looking at the league standings and game scores each season. Find another league where the #7, #6, and #8 seeds have all made the finals in the past few years. Find another league where 11 different teams made the super 16 + honourable mentions through the year, with 8 of the top 23 in the last ranking.
    up3
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by up3 Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 am

If you are going to mention Indians... Have you seen Stephen Bacchus from North Park SS? He is one wicked 3 pt shooter.
    I think he plays point as well. Played for Brampton Warriors a while ago and lead all players in 3pt last winter. Deadly from outside.
    I think he is worth mentioning. Too bad he doesn't have the supporting cast to propel him into the limelight.
    He was averaging 20 some points per game in grade 10. Very high BB IQ.
    I don't think he is from India?
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:37 am

jt wrote:Plus lets not forget Peel is only 1 million people and TDSB is close to 3 million people. So you already got way more people living there.

It's actually not as big of a difference as you state. Peel has about 1.3 million people, according to 2009 estimates and Toronto has about 2.5 million. However, Toronto's population is divided between two leagues (Toronto Public and Toronto Catholic) while Peel is one league that combines both boards.

A better comparison:

TDSB: 86,000 secondary students
    Toronto Catholic: 31,000 secondary students
    Peel Public + Catholic: 42,000 (Public) + 33,000 (Catholic) = 75,000 secondary students
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:12 am

I like the way Rimrocker works laying the facts right there before your eyes. Toronto Catholic with only 31 000 has produced some top teams every year (Carr, MT, and Pope is now on the scene). Thats less then half of what Peels total league has, and its actually (surprisingly) less than that of Peel Catholic. You can't say much about that now given MT's success at OFSAA.
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:38 am

Peel public is pretty much wack i wouldnt count them in for much other than fletchers and possibly sandalwood. Anyone who is a somebody in Peel will either go prep or play for a peel catholic.

So pretty much cross off those Peel public numbers because you aint going to find any big names there. A public team will be lucky to crack the quarter-finals in ropssaa.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:43 pm

I thought your peel league was 'well balanced' and had so much 'parity' now your telling me to write off a whole league. I guess its not as balanced as you say it is?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:37 am