HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

The 2010 Early Bird Classic at Fr Henry Carr Catholic School

Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

The 2010 Early Bird Classic at Fr Henry Carr Catholic School Empty The 2010 Early Bird Classic at Fr Henry Carr Catholic School

Post by Coach Melnik Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:59 pm

It gives me great pleasure to announce the official field of the 2010 Early Bird Classic at Father Henry Carr:

o Father Henry Carr Crusaders (Toronto Catholic West)
    o d'youville Panthers (Peel)
    o Eastern Commerce Saints (Toronto Public South)
    o George Harvey Hawks (Toronto Public West)
    o J. Clarke Richardson Storm (Durham)
    o Mother Teresa Titans (Toronto Catholic East)
    o Pickering Trojans (Durham)
    o Richview Saints (Toronto Public West)
    o St Patrick’s Irish (Ottawa)
    o Silverthorn Spartans (Toronto Public West)
    o Stephen Lewis Lynx (Peel)
    o Vaughan Voyageurs (York Region)

The tournament will take place November 4-6, 2010 in the Fr Ted McLean Gymnasium at Fr Henry Carr Catholic School.

In 2009, the Crusaders captured the tournament championship with a 67-56 victory over the Pickering Trojans. In the bronze medal game, the Vaughan Voyageurs defeated the Mother Teresa Titans by a score of 73-52.

The tournament all stars were:

CJ Isit, Vaughan
    Asher Tulloch Lewis, Pickering
    Mikyle McIntosh, Pickering
    Aaron Emmanuel, Fr Henry Carr
    Jahmal Grennan, Fr Henry Carr
    MVP: Raheem Isaac, Fr Henry Carr

Coach Melnik

Last edited by Coach Melnik on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    loveball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

The 2010 Early Bird Classic at Fr Henry Carr Catholic School Empty Re: The 2010 Early Bird Classic at Fr Henry Carr Catholic School

Post by loveball Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:53 pm

Strong field. In my opinion Vaughan, MT, FHC, Eastern, J Clark, and Pickering all have a good shot at taking the gold.
    hawks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2010-09-28

The 2010 Early Bird Classic at Fr Henry Carr Catholic School Empty Re: The 2010 Early Bird Classic at Fr Henry Carr Catholic School

Post by hawks Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:31 pm

Mr. Melnick could you send me a sample of how exactly you've arranged this 12 team format by simply replacing the team name with letters and how each round would workout too eventually lead too the championship game.in a step by step fashion.that would be greatly appreciated.
    fanfav2010
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-10-03

Post by fanfav2010 Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:33 am

J clark has to be a front runner, but who knows very deep tournament.
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Melnik Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:01 am

My apologies for the late reply hawks. The Early Bird is a 12 team tournament. There are 4 pools of three teams. I attempt to seed the teams from 1 through 12 and place them in order into the pools in an NCAA style. I am sure there is a proper term for it, but I do not know what it it is. Of course, I have to factor in dates that teams cannot play on, teams avoiding a league rival until the semi finals, and interesting matchups that may be intriguing.

The pools usually end up with one team at 2-0, one team at 1-1 and one team at 0-2. We have never had a pool tied with each team at 1-1. The 2nd place team in each pool advances to the consolation semi finals, the 1st place team in each pool advances to the championship semi finals, while the 3rd place team (usually at 0-2) is eliminated.

Of note, d'Youville is replacing Sir Robert Borden.

Coach Melnik

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:14 pm