HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+13
baller-7
baller000
baller121
cdb
gunta
tart11
J Lewis
Brazilian Blur
stevelogan92
Peel Fan
bigred
kobee14
panathas
17 posters

Peel Tier I Divisions

panathas
    panathas
    Senior

Number of posts : 975
    Registration date : 2008-08-09

Peel Tier I Divisions Empty Peel Tier I Divisions

Post by panathas Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

NORTH
    Ascension
    Campion
    d'Youville
    Lincoln Alexander
    Notre Dame
    Fletcher's Meadow
    Aquinas
    Sandalwood

CENTRAL
    Glenforest
    Cardinal Leger
    St Augustine
    St Marcellinius
    Brampton Centennial
    Turner-Fenton
    Philip Pocock
    St Joseph
    Xavier

SOUTH
    Carmel
    Goetz
    Stephen Lewis
    Gonzaga
    St Martin
    John Fraser
    Meadowvale
    Joan of Arc
    Loyola
    kobee14
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 382
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Peel Tier I Divisions Empty Re: Peel Tier I Divisions

Post by kobee14 Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 am

Ascension, Dy,Fletchers are all great looking teams this year in peel however every other team in the north division is good by far the most competitive division in peel.

Bcss should take the central however marcellinus, xavier, leger and st joseph should all be good matchups for them.

and Father goetz as usual gets th eeasiest division in the south and since marcus hanson isnt playing for carmel and since the only other really good player in the division is nick madray goetz should easily win this one - they really need to even out the divisions!
    bigred
    Freshman

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2009-11-09

Post by bigred Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:48 am

kobee14 wrote:Ascension, Dy,Fletchers are all great looking teams this year in peel however every other team in the north division is good by far the most competitive division in peel.

Bcss should take the central however marcellinus, xavier, leger and st joseph should all be good matchups for them.

and Father goetz as usual gets th eeasiest division in the south and since marcus hanson isnt playing for carmel and since the only other really good player in the division is nick madray goetz should easily win this one - they really need to even out the divisions!

You are right to say north is the most competitive division, i belived in the central division St augustine will be making a lot of noise.
    I also belived you did not do your home work on the south teams because Mount Camel,Loyola could be a tough ride for Gotez.
    "since marcus hanson isnt playing for carmel " --------is this info true?
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:43 am

kobee14 wrote:they really need to even out the divisions!

They're divided based on geography; should we just ignore that? Who is going to pay the extra cost of transportation just to satisfy a subjective view of divisional balance

16 teams make the playoffs but only two can go to OFSAA so I wouldn't worry too much; the best teams will go far in the playoffs, regardless of the divisional balance.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:45 am

bigred wrote:You are right to say north is the most competitive division, i belived in the central division St augustine will be making a lot of noise.
    I also belived you did not do your home work on the south teams because Mount Camel,Loyola could be a tough ride for Gotez.
    "since marcus hanson isnt playing for carmel " --------is this info true?

No, he has done his homework. Loyola is nothing close to their level of a few years ago and I have also heard that Marcus won't pass transfer since his move from one school zone to the other was not a "move" by ROPSSAA definition.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:12 pm

How is nobody mentioning Joan of Arc in the South? They will give Goetz a challenge for sure. Goetz wont win this division with "ease".

As for Carmel they might be the youngest team in Peel this year. But nobody should underestimate them. Lets not forget Cassidy Ryan avg 15 points in this division as a grade 9. They have youth and talent outside of Marcus.

This year the south will be a toss up at the 1 and 2 between Goetz and Joan of Arc. I think Carmel will finish 3rd.

kobee14
    Sophomore

Post by kobee14 Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:25 pm

pleaseee, loyola is weak no offence to them its the truth. And marcus hanson is definately not playing season games this year as for cassidy ryan, he has potential but thats all they have, and this year they ll probably put a double team on him knowing hes the main guy, and believe me when i say scoring on double teams is harder than it looks.

And as for st augustine, all my dudes go there and on the realz they are a weak team LMAO! not even trying to diss its just the truth they have no team chemistry and arent looking to good, they will probably make playoffs because of the competition in the central however they are farrr from even being close to contenders in peel.
    Brazilian Blur
    Freshman

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2010-10-31

Post by Brazilian Blur Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:39 pm

I can't remember anytime when John Fraser has been in Tier 1 so what makes this year different for them to move up? Did they acquire any transfers?
    The favorites will be Acension, DY, Brampton Centennial and Father Goetz.
    kobee14
    Sophomore

Post by kobee14 Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:11 pm

LOOL ^
    J Lewis
    Freshman

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-10-31

Post by J Lewis Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 am

I have been told that John Fraser has returned all of their starters and picked up a very good coach. If they are on the same page they will be good. Issue is discipline and that is still an issue. Fraser beat Streetsville in an exhibition game last week but a couple of their players decided to get involved in near fights. The word around is that they are a team that you can get under their skin by just playing tough aggressive ball. They don't keep their composure. This was also an issue last year.
    It is upon the new coach to get this team to understand that this is a game where contact, words and aggression are all key parts of the game. If he doesn't, they will not win a game in the league no matter what systems he has as officials will be watching them.
    This team has been in Tier 2 since the stone age so getting to the playoffs is a goal that will be tough.
    I pick Brampton Centennial to win this league.

Brazilian Blur wrote:I can't remember anytime when John Fraser has been in Tier 1 so what makes this year different for them to move up? Did they acquire any transfers?
    The favorites will be Acension, DY, Brampton Centennial and Father Goetz.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:28 am

John Fraser was last in Tier 1 in 2005 I believe.
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Lets not kid ourselves...the peel preseason favorite has to be d'y. They have won the last 2 years, the juniors lost in the final last year, and their coaching is good.

Everyone is forgeting fletchers as well. They are all grade 12 this year, experienced and solid in every position.

After them 2, the contenders drop significantly to ascenscion and goetz.

Why are people hating on goetz. They were semi-finalists last year and won juniors.

gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:48 pm

[quote="tart11"]Lets not kid ourselves...the peel preseason favorite has to be d'y. They have won the last 2 years, the juniors lost in the final last year, and their coaching is good.

Everyone is forgeting fletchers as well. They are all grade 12 this year, experienced and solid in every position.

After them 2, the contenders drop significantly to ascenscion and goetz.

Why are people hating on goetz. They were semi-finalists last year and won juniors.

[/quote]
    just some info dy juniors won ropssaa last season.
    tart11
    Senior

Post by tart11 Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:57 pm

sorry about that

even more reason for d'y to be favored
    kobee14
    Sophomore

Post by kobee14 Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:08 pm

goetz is weak! nuff said
    cdb
    Freshman

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2010-10-08

Post by cdb Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:35 pm

I am the Head Coach at John Fraser SS and I would like to respond to the post by J Lewis. I want to make it clear that I do not condone or encourage any of my players to act in any unsportsmanlike way and that discipline will not be an issue this season. While I do not believe that the situations were close to a fight, the players involved from my team have been addressed by me.
    I am looking forward to working with a great group of student/athletes this season at John Fraser SS.
    baller121
    Freshman

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2010-11-20

Post by baller121 Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:06 pm

The North definitely has the toughest division. I think that Sandalwood is a playoff team so is, Campion, Fletchers, DyOUville, Asscention. but only 4 make it. lets see which team gets it..

Good luck to all teams.

as far as central, is open for grabs, and it sucks how south normlaly gets the wild card.

South has, Father Goetz, Stephen Lewis, OLMC, and i would say Gonzaga
    tart11
    Senior

Post by tart11 Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:22 pm

5 teams from each division make the play-offs

Sandalwood lost to Fletchers at the d'y tournament by 20+,so if they do make the play-offs they should be out early.

In the North you got d'y, Fletcher's and Ascesncion as 3 top quality teams. D'y beat Fletcher's by 14 today. So they are the team to beat.

In the Central, BCSS and St Augustine should do battle for the division with St Joseph possibly making some noise. All of the other teams are weak tier I teams.

In the south, it should be goetz, and carmel. Then after that it's a toss up. Gonzaga and Arc usually are competitive but they can't handle the north, bcss or st augustine.

After recent results, I would say peel looks like this:

1) d'Y beat Fletcher's by 14
    2) Fletchers beat BCSS by 9
    3) Ascenscion
    4) BCSS
    5) Goetz and Carmel, but there are no game results, so on paper and by reputation they look good.

These are the top quality clubs that stand out right now. The season should be interesting. I think d'y will 3 peat. Another squad will be able to go to OFSAA as the runner-up.
    baller000
    Freshman

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

Post by baller000 Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:35 pm

do not underestimate campion, they have not been at full strength due to player suspensions and players that were on the football team
    tart11
    Senior

Post by tart11 Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:37 pm

Campion will be solid, just not a contender. too young.

they are in the top10 in peel
    bigred
    Freshman

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2009-11-09

Post by bigred Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:30 pm

I had the pleasure in seeing a few top teams from peel and i have to say.

The top 3 contenders for peel is dy,fletchers and bcss.

baller-7
    Freshman

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2010-01-08

Post by baller-7 Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:37 am

This is #22 from JFSS (Budimir) . I would like to apologize to my coach for my comments criticizing him, and also disrespecting my teammates. They didn't deserve this and it is unfair that I put us in this awkward situation. I would also like to take this time to apologize for my pathetic showing of sportsmanship and effort during the Philip Pocock Tournment against TLK. The coach had a gameplan and I chose not to follow it, the loss to the tier 2 team was completely my fault. I hope that the Jaguars future performances can erase any negative images I may have drawn about the program.

Last edited by baller-7 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Innapropriate Comment)
    kobee14
    Sophomore

Post by kobee14 Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:05 pm

LMFAOOO!!!!!!!!!! ^^

you guys are forgetting ascension - they are better than bcss for sure!
    pau gasol123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 276
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by pau gasol123 Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:45 pm

NO THERE NOT!!!!! bcss has one of the biggest changes of going to the championship this year......
    shaq diesl
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2009-01-19

Post by shaq diesl Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Last edited by shaq diesl on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:31 am