HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+22
loveball
actionjackson
kd159
KPC-AZ
TU20
eastern#1
luv2ball
Jax23
kobee24
rerun
Laurier Basketball
Mr Bean
TrueTalkz50
coachgeo
GTA West
tart11
stevelogan92
gunta
Ballknowledge
smoothflow
jt
HooptownGTA
26 posters

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released Dec 19

HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5447
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released Dec 19 Empty HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released Dec 19

Post by HooptownGTA Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:43 pm

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released December 19

1. JC Richardson
    2. Vaughan
    3. Anderson
    4. Loyola (Oak)
    5. Eastern Commerce
    6. Henry Carr
    7. Pickering
    8. St. Mike's
    9. Denison
    10. Oakwood
    11. Mother Teresa
    12. Fletcher's Meadow
    13. Pope
    14. Laurier
    15. Sandalwood
    16. West Humber

HM: Westview, Jarvis, Father Goetz, Martingrove, West Hill, Mount Carmel, d'Youville

Check the site for more details: http://www.hooptowngta.com/super16SB.php
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released Dec 19 Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released Dec 19

Post by jt Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:47 pm

i hope this ranking was done before this weekends tourny in montreal where vaughan came 2nd place after playing american prep schools and montreal colleges. There is no one they can be ranked #2 after the showing they had this weekend.
    smoothflow
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released Dec 19 Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released Dec 19

Post by smoothflow Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:31 pm

dy in honorable mention!!? you guys are crazy.
    Ballknowledge
    Freshman

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2009-12-18

Post by Ballknowledge Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Martingrove beat westhumber by 20 in a season game so how does this work west humber won nothing and is ranked martingrove beat westhumber and won the xaiver rimrocker and is honerable mention plz explain
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Something went wrong here but you guys know what you doing.Dy honorable mention most recently beating Mother Teresa In the holiday classic. But Fletchers and Sandalwood made the top 16 the question i have to asked what have they done lately?Fletchers went to their first big tournament and did not perform. What did Sandalwood do?

With all the beating Carr keep getting they #6 wow.

I know it is christmas put down the egg nog because something went wrong here.BCSS did not get a HM. I have to asked again what did Sandalwood and Fletchers did to make the top 16? If you going by league games Notre Dame won the same amount as Fletchers, Notre Dame won 2 good games at Rim, Fletchers won 1 game at the Tournament this weekend.
    smoothflow
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by smoothflow Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:01 pm

gunta wrote:Something went wrong here but you guys know what you doing.Dy honorable mention most recently beating Mother Teresa In the holiday classic. But Fletchers and Sandalwood made the top 16 the question i have to asked what have they done lately?Fletchers went to their first big tournament and did not perform. What did Sandalwood do?

With all the beating Carr keep getting they #6 wow.

I know it is christmas put down the egg nog because something went wrong here.BCSS did not get a HM. I have to asked again what did Sandalwood and Fletchers did to make the top 16? If you going by league games Notre Dame won the same amount as Fletchers, Notre Dame won 2 good games at Rim, Fletchers won 1 game at the Tournament this weekend.

you GUNTA i agree with you 100% homie thats some bull dy should be up their idk i got bare love for swood i like them at the 15 dy should be around 12th or 11th position if you wanna compare games dy lost to fletchers by 5 in reg season but beat them by 10+ at the erly bird tourni so i still think dy is a bettter team. dunbarton should be in their as well bcss should get HM for sure this is very unaccurate smh!!!
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:05 pm

DY should be up in their.

BCSS are an HM team.

Dunbarton is OVERRATED! 0-3 at Rimrocker. Lost by double digits in every game. NO WAY they should be in there.
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Dy lost to Fletchers on Dec 01st by 5 points that would haunt them until they meet Fletchers again,the problem is Fletchers hide out in Peel and Dy hide out in the GTA .

Last edited by gunta on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tart11
    Senior

Number of posts : 937
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by tart11 Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:22 pm

dy is a super 16 team for sure....but they lost to West Hill recently

Sandalwood HM at best right now...West Humber is ok but not better Martingrove, West Hill or dy

It should be #15-Martingrove, #16-West Hill, then d'y

Bcss has potential to be an HM, but not after their poor performance at the rimrocker.

Just for the record: West Humber has lost to Bramtpon Centennial twice, george harvey and Joan of arc from mississsaiga.

Last edited by tart11 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
    tart11
    Senior

Post by tart11 Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Fletcher's is legit super 16 right now...people were saying Anderson was weak and look at what they did
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:36 pm

[quote="tart11"]Fletcher's is legit super 16 right now...people were saying Anderson was weak and look at what they did[/quote]
    I am not saying Fletchers is not good all i am saying is what have they done to make the #12 spot stay home and win league games is that all it takes.

Merry christmas DY santa give you guys a early present.

Last edited by gunta on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tart11
    Senior

Post by tart11 Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:40 pm

for sure they could of had a more competitive tournament schedule, you are right, if teams play in top tournaments, then they are more likely to lose a game here and there. At the end, I am sure a more competititve schedule will help teams in the play-offs
    tart11
    Senior

Post by tart11 Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Agree Dunbarton is overrated. Richview looked good at the rimrocker, I think they should be a low HM. What about Laurier, why are they up there? They beat Martingrove I know that. Sandalwood is up there for beating Pine Ridge and Ascensicon. Pretty much any one can beat Ascension nowadays.

Strongly support:

14. Martingrove
    15. West hill
    16. d'Youville-just because they lost to WH at the rimrocker

HM: Laurier
    GTA West
    Freshman

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2009-11-11

Post by GTA West Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:39 am

martingrove is not top 16 even tho they beat west humber, and won the rim rocker. wtff
    coachgeo
    coachgeo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2010-11-18

Post by coachgeo Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:52 pm

It appears reality isn't "real" in these rankings ... it lacks logic and thoroughness ... I don't know who is "in" on making the decision on these rankings but I'd suggest a much wider group be involved ... those who are very knowledgeable coaches, officials and administrators be involved sooner than later!
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:50 pm

coachgeo wrote:It appears reality isn't "real" in these rankings ... it lacks logic and thoroughness ... I don't know who is "in" on making the decision on these rankings but I'd suggest a much wider group be involved ... those who are very knowledgeable coaches, officials and administrators be involved sooner than later!

What do you see wrong with it?
    Excluding #15, #16 and the Honourable Mentions, where does the "lacks logic" come into play?
    coachgeo
    coachgeo
    Freshman

Post by coachgeo Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:03 pm

HooptownGTA wrote:
    coachgeo wrote:It appears reality isn't "real" in these rankings ... it lacks logic and thoroughness ... I don't know who is "in" on making the decision on these rankings but I'd suggest a much wider group be involved ... those who are very knowledgeable coaches, officials and administrators be involved sooner than later!

Excluding #15, #16 and the Honourable Mentions, where does the "lacks logic" come into play?

1st - Carr has no business at being #6 ... given their woes (losses) to team ranked below them ... check the scores ... ya, they beat MT by 2 recently ... but lost to Pope by 1! ... so that makes them #6?!? C'mon!
    2nd - Laurier beat Pope so how can they be below them?
    3rd - Anderson hasn't played anyone of any significance in the past month or so ... the rankings have to reflect games against quality opponents played recently
    ... shall I go on?!?!
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:19 pm

coachgeo wrote:
    HooptownGTA wrote:

1st - Carr has no business at being #6 ... given their woes (losses) to team ranked below them ... check the scores ... ya, they beat MT by 2 recently ... but lost to Pope by 1! ... so that makes them #6?!? C'mon!
    3rd - Anderson hasn't played anyone of any significance in the past month or so ... the rankings have to reflect games against quality opponents played recently
    ... shall I go on?!?!

Henry Carr lost to Pope on November 24th, and then Mother Teresa on December 3rd. Since then they have beaten Loyola (Oakville) and Mother Teresa (Dec 11). Carr has lost a lot of games, but look who they have lost to, Vaughan, Eastern Commerce, Anderson, Pope, Mother Teresa, and Sacred Heart (Ottawa). And they have quality wins in Pickering, Denison, Loyola, Mother Teresa. Who do you think should be ranked a head of Henry Carr?

Laurier beat Pope in an early exhibition game, where Pope was missing 3 starters. Pope has beaten Henry Carr in league and has lost by 3 points to Loyola and 1 point to Mother Teresa. Laurier has not beaten anyone in the Super 16 or lost any close games to Super 16 teams.

Anderson just won the Univ of Windsor Invitational over the weekend where they defeated #10 Oakwood and #4 Loyola.
    coachgeo
    coachgeo
    Freshman

Post by coachgeo Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:39 pm

HooptownGTA wrote:
    coachgeo wrote:
    HooptownGTA wrote:

... shall I go on?!?!

Henry Carr lost to Pope on November 24th, and then Mother Teresa on December 3rd. Since then they have beaten Loyola (Oakville) and Mother Teresa (Dec 11). Carr has lost a lot of games, but look who they have lost to, Vaughan, Eastern Commerce, Anderson, Pope, Mother Teresa, and Sacred Heart (Ottawa). And they have quality wins in Pickering, Denison, Loyola, Mother Teresa. Who do you think should be ranked a head of Henry Carr?

Laurier beat Pope in an early exhibition game, where Pope was missing 3 starters. Pope has beaten Henry Carr in league and has lost by 3 points to Loyola and 1 point to Mother Teresa. Laurier has not beaten anyone in the Super 16 or lost any close games to Super 16 teams.

Anderson just won the Univ of Windsor Invitational over the weekend where they defeated #10 Oakwood and #4 Loyola.

Hey, you have your opinions and I have mine ... I've seen most of these teams play and I would rank them slightly differently. There's a lot of parity, except for maybe Richardson and Vaughan who are ranked correctly at the moment! Everyone below them can beat anyone else on any given day!
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Agree ^^^^^^^ Ther top sixteen right now is very close adn all the teams from 3-16 are evnly matched and the rankings can change evrytime resulting people to be entitled to there own opinions ....... its not carr or pickering taken over no more its all over the gta is teamz putting in work wich proves the gta is progressing basketball wise just look at a many honourable mentions for the top 16
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Number of posts : 131
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Mr Bean Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:25 pm

The constant trashing of Henry Carr basketball always makes me laugh. Jokers like jt, tart11, stevenash1, TrueTalkz50; all you guys do is push more players to Henry Carr. Are you that dumb? Even with losing close to 10 elite players, Henry Carr is still in the mix. Beat Pickering by 30, Dennison by 20, Loyola by 4, Mother Teresa by 2, and Vanier by 50! That's not too shabby. And who is in the gym this week? Is your team coachgeo?
    Ballknowledge
    Freshman

Post by Ballknowledge Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Mr Bean wrote:The constant trashing of Henry Carr basketball always makes me laugh. Jokers like jt, tart11, stevenash1, TrueTalkz50; all you guys do is push more players to Henry Carr. Are you that dumb? Even with losing close to 10 elite players, Henry Carr is still in the mix. Beat Pickering by 30, Dennison by 20, Loyola by 4, Mother Teresa by 2, and Vanier by 50! That's not too shabby. And who is in the gym this week? Is your team coachgeo?
    that was unessacary to start ragging on a coach
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:37 pm

coachgeo wrote:Hey, you have your opinions and I have mine ... I've seen most of these teams play and I would rank them slightly differently. There's a lot of parity, except for maybe Richardson and Vaughan who are ranked correctly at the moment! Everyone below them can beat anyone else on any given day!

I agree, you have your opinions, and I have mine, except I would not say that your opinions "lacks logic".

With regards to parity, I agree with you. At the beginning of every year, there is a lot of talk about parity in the GTA. However this year it is evident that there are several teams that on any given day, can beat each other.

With that said, it should be an exciting second half to the season.
    Ballknowledge
    Freshman

Post by Ballknowledge Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:42 pm

can u anwser my question on page 1
    Laurier Basketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 135
    Registration date : 2010-12-07

Post by Laurier Basketball Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:15 pm

HooptownGTA wrote:HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released December 19

1. JC Richardson
    2. Vaughan
    3. Anderson
    4. Loyola (Oak)
    5. Eastern Commerce
    6. Henry Carr
    7. Pickering
    8. St. Mike's
    9. Denison
    10. Oakwood
    11. Mother Teresa
    12. Fletcher's Meadow
    13. Pope
    14. Laurier
    15. Sandalwood
    16. West Humber

HM: Westview, Jarvis, Father Goetz, Martingrove, West Hill, Mount Carmel, d'Youvillejavascript:emoticonp('Wink')

Check the site for more details: http://www.hooptowngta.com/super16SB.php

I think that the Super 16 rankings are pretty accurate 1 through out 12. I think that Laurier should ranked higher than Pope and that Sandalwood and West Humber should be Honourable Mentions. I feel Martingrove should be 15th and West Hill should be 16th. These are just my opinions. Hopefully it should be an exciting second half to the season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:44 pm