HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

5 posters

VIDEO: Aaron Joseph Highlights!!!

kobee24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

VIDEO: Aaron Joseph Highlights!!! Empty VIDEO: Aaron Joseph Highlights!!!

Post by kobee24 Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:59 am

I mentionned his name a couple times on a couple threads, so here he is... check him out! definately a top player no doubt about it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDHFd4c2RbQ

Last edited by kobee24 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
    t.baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

VIDEO: Aaron Joseph Highlights!!! Empty Re: VIDEO: Aaron Joseph Highlights!!!

Post by t.baller Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:41 am

He definitely is a player to keep an eye out for.. what school does he go to?
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:26 pm

not too sure however he plays for Brampton Warriors
    Brazilian Blur
    Freshman

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2010-10-31

Post by Brazilian Blur Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 am

A tape strictly showing you scoring at will against very very weak defenders will not open anybodys eyes. Not one clip showing any defensive or rebounding skills and I saw one clip showing a pass, which he should have been called for charging.
    On top of all this, how many times was he able to casually walk up to the three point line and shoot. Again very weak defenders.
    If you want to get some looks, you have to do a much better job of putting a tape of your skills together. Basketball isn't all about dribbling coast to coast or dribbling up to the three point line and shooting with no pressure. If I was a coach or scout, I would think that this kid is a major ball hog with limited to no passing skills. Basketball is about team work and there are no clips of using your teammates at all.
    You must show scouts/coaches some clips of your defense, whether it be in full or half court man to man. Your ability to play defense as part of a press. How you play defense in a zone. Again, does this kid have the ability to find his team mates or does he just try to do everything himself.

Just trying to help, not trying to burst your bubble. Make a better tape and show everybody all of the skills I mentioned. It is just a tape of selfish looking basketball, which is the last thing a scout/coach wants to see.
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:15 am

lol its not myy tape 1st of all...

and ye i somewhat agree with you however this tape seems like it was 3 games and it was a AAA tourny with blessed sac the black team in case you couldnt tell ( their sig black&yellow jerseys) and burlington the lightblue team... don't critisize me lool im just posting the vidz of people like i always do Smile

keep in mind that burlington team beat toronto BJC (duane notice, kevin blake, justin jarvis ) just a couple weeks ago , so i wouldn't say the competiton was badd - however the last part of the vid i agree

just putting this out there in austin rivers mixes - how many passes do you see?? more like 30 3 point attemps and makes
    lovethegame
    Freshman

Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2010-05-10

Post by lovethegame Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:30 am

Mixtapes are not for coaches to evaluate or assess players.

Period.

kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:54 am

i partially agree with you ... however i do believe that many players send their tapes to coaches so can you clarify what you mean by that?? it's a yes and no ting
    Brazilian Blur
    Freshman

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2010-10-31

Post by Brazilian Blur Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:48 pm

If you are sending this tape to coaches and/or scouts, then add the changes I suggested. It will go a long way. To "love the game", many times a kid has only one chance to catch the eye of a coach or school and a tape such as what we are watching happens to be the type they send. So I am saying that I totally disagree with you. Not all mixtapes or game tape is made for coaches but sometimes it is all a kid has.
    estebanwilliamos
    Freshman

Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2011-01-20

Post by estebanwilliamos Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:12 am

What grade is this kid in?
    lovethegame
    Freshman

Number of posts : 109
    Registration date : 2010-05-10

Post by lovethegame Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Brazilian Blur: talking about two different things here, player mixes and game tape. You can disagree with me all you want, but fact is coaches do not evaluate or assess players based on short player mixes such as the ones found on youtube. The most they will do is raise an eyebrow and then request game tape from that game or another, but they will do that for pretty much any prospect that contacts them, mix or no mix. Which begs the question, if there's footage to make a mix in the first place, why not just send that entire game straight to the coach?
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Once again - this is not my tape!!! lmaoo
    I post videos of players who are top talent in ontario... this was a AAA tourny in the OBA 92,93 division. and he's in gr12, not a gr12r
    t.baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by t.baller Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:04 pm

i agree with kobee24's point on "how many passes and man-to-man defence clips do you see in a hoopmixtape austin rivers tape" , thats what i thought.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:15 am