HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

High school athletes will suffer with loss of fifth-year

GTA_Fan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2011-11-21

High school athletes will suffer with loss of fifth-year  Empty High school athletes will suffer with loss of fifth-year

Post by GTA_Fan Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:26 pm

http://www.thestar.com/sports/highschool/article/1133714--high-school-athletes-will-suffer-with-loss-of-fifth-year-victory-lap-experts-say

I heard that starting next year, the province will scrap funding for the extra year option, which will weaken high school ball, and make prep schools rise dramatically.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

High school athletes will suffer with loss of fifth-year  Empty Re: High school athletes will suffer with loss of fifth-year

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm

No, scrapping fifth year is one of hundreds of recommendations in the Drummond report, designed to provide the government with suggestions for eliminating the debt. The government will adopt many, but not all, of these recommendations. I suspect scrapping the fifth year will be ignored, much like ending all-day kindergarten and cutting most doctors' incomes through health network reorganization.
    coachc
    Freshman

Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2008-08-29

High school athletes will suffer with loss of fifth-year  Empty Re: High school athletes will suffer with loss of fifth-year

Post by coachc Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Only students who have 32 credits but want to upgrade will not get the funding as recommended by the Drummond report. Thus if a student is in fifth year but only has 27 credits, then that student will still be funded if the Drummand report suggestions are implemented.
    all-star4
    Freshman

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2011-11-29

Post by all-star4 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:42 pm

personally that comes clutch for me because i fooled around when i was younger and will need 3 credits to gradute next year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:32 pm