HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+4
basketball_west
Jarvis
the_legend
wcbasketball
8 posters

South Tier 2 Scores

wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

South Tier 2 Scores - Page 2 Empty Re: South Tier 2 Scores

Post by wcbasketball Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Central Commerce 71 (Derrick Rhawire 27 points)
    UTS 46

UTS is a gutsy team who never gives up. I was a little disappointed in my kids as we are getting way too many warnings from officials for talking way too much. Eventually these officials will get fed up and start to give us technical fouls.
    We have a ton of talent but it is getting some of my players to achieve big egos. This causes them to lose focus and forget my philosophy of team first. This will hurt us if we don't change. I fully believe that we have the talent to win it all but not yet. Anybody who has played for me or knows me, knows that the obessesive trash talk will be met with a seat on our bench. We will start to have a smaller roster if this keeps up, I don't care who it is on our team. Let's keep this is persepctive. We are in Tier 2 and that is nothing to brag about.
    easterncommerce8
    Freshman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2008-11-06

Post by easterncommerce8 Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:14 pm

EASTERN B BEATS RIVERDALE 88-84 AND JARVIS THIS WEEK
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:07 pm

The East division of the South region is extremely competitive. Everybody has at least one loss and that shows you the strength on that side. There are five solid teams(Eastern, Garneau, Lawrence Park, Jarvis and Riverdale) fighting for four playoff spots. In my opinion, Eastern will finish in first because they have played the other four contenders already(Record 3-1) and finish the season against the three weakest teams in the division. The other four good teams play one another so they will beat each other up.There is also extra incentive to finish first as the fourth place team from our side will get blown out due to not being very strong.
    As a coach in the West division, I cannot help but think that no matter where we finish, our first round matchup will be tough. Our division is very weak.We have three undefeated teams(Forest Hill, Parkdale and ourselves) but that is misleading. Forest Hill is 2-0 and Parkdale and ourselves are 3-0. The reason I say it is misleading is because all three of us have received two victories against the two weakest (UTS and UFA) teams in our division.That doesn't prove anything so the new year will be the true test. All three of us have to play one another with us having to travel to both schools thus losing our world's worst basketball gym advantage.LOL! Nobody likes to play at our gym including myself. I am looking forward to playing at an excellent facility like Forest Hill. We also get Isiah back which will make us stronger offensively and especially defensively.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Parkdale 40 Central Commerce 28
    This score is flattering as we were dominated by Parkdale.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:27 pm