HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+18
scout
t43
mrballer20
Respect
Tila_Tequila
rising_star_34
Gill_
rp92
Coach Bob
TorontoBasketball
Lawd A Mercy
BallingIsMyHobbie
EYE OF A TIGER
HooptownGTA
OnlyTheTruth
kiddddo
rvd1018
Coach Clement
22 posters

Blessed Mother Teresa Invitational January 15 - 17

Gill_
    Freshman

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Blessed Mother Teresa Invitational January 15 - 17 - Page 7 Empty Re: Blessed Mother Teresa Invitational January 15 - 17

Post by Gill_ Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Game 22 Championship final: Final Score

MT: 74

Carr: 69

Last edited by Gill_ on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gill_
    Freshman

Blessed Mother Teresa Invitational January 15 - 17 - Page 7 Empty Re: Blessed Mother Teresa Invitational January 15 - 17

Post by Gill_ Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:01 pm

Game 22 Championship final: Final Score

MT: 74

Carr: 69

Top Scorer Mother Teresa: Ashton Khan 19 points

Top Scorer Henry Carr: Jaahmal Greman 19 points

Last edited by Gill_ on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Coach Bob
    Freshman

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Post by Coach Bob Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:04 pm

What a Great Tournament .

Congrads to Mother Teresa Titans in Organizing one of toronto's finest Tournaments and wining the Finals in an exciting fashion against Henry Carr

also, i would like to thank "Gill_" for the quick play-by-play posts. Great Job
    Gill_
    Freshman

Post by Gill_ Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:06 pm

Blessed Mother Teresa Invitational Tournament All Stars:

From West Hill #22 Taylor Johnston
    Vaughan Road #12 Jacob Zorzella
    Henry Carr # 1 Josh Ogden
    Henry Carr #12 Sean Giscombe
    Mother Teresa #21 Ashton Khan

Tournament MVP from Mother Teresa #15 Maurice Walkler

Congrats to the Blessed Mother Teresa Titans the 2009 Blessed Mother Teresa Invational Champions!
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by TAJ Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Good Job Guys... What a great tournament to follow. It was worth watching this post! Great basketball.

Congrats to MT and Car, also to Pickering

AND BIG CONGRATS TO VAUGHAN ROAD FOR THEIR AMAZING PERFORMANCE!
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Melnik Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:53 am

Thanks to Coach Gallacher, his team, and his staff on a great tournament! It was certainly an exciting weekend of basketball.

I thought the final score was 74-69?

Coach Melnik
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Melnik Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:29 am

This was not a 7 point game. With 7 seconds remaining, Theon Reefer scored a layup to make the score 72-69. We fouled with 2 seconds remaining and Ashton Khan hit both to end the game MT 74, FHC 69.

Besides me taking a 6th timeout, there was a stretch late in the 3rd quarter where MT made several stops and scored easily to go on a 10-0 run. We were likely fatigued a little more than they were and we just didnt take good shots, nor did we get back in defensive transition. I think the game was won and lost in this 2 minute stretch.

This was a tremendous effort by both teams. I cannot say enough about both teams.

Othere notes on the teams that I saw play:

Pickering will be back as strong as ever. Credit to Vaughan Rd for upsetting them, but the Pickering team will take it to heart and regroup as a team. It would be a mistake for opposing teams to count this team out.

Vaughan Rd is small, but extremely hard nosed. They have a great leader in Jacob Zorzella along with Marvin Toussaint and Leo Martin and and a coach that knows how to win. They will go far in the playoffs and dont be surprised if they have a few more "upsets" in their bag of tricks during the TDSB playoffs.

HB Beal is also very hard nosed. I was impressed with their style of defense. It took all we had to squeek out an 8 pt win. They will have their hands full in London, but dont be surprised if they get back to OFSAA. They never say die!

West Hill is a very good basketball team. Like Coach Philippe said, a call here, a bounce there and they may have beaten MT. Adrian Tomlinson, Taylor Johnston, and Alex Arthur are a very formidable trio. Watch out for West Hill in the TDSB playoffs!

JC Richardson is a very good team as well. They may not get much hype but these guys can play. Losing to Pickering by 10 and FHC by 6 are favourable results. I think they will go far in the playoffs.

Coach Melnik
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by OnlyTheTruth Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:22 pm

A very good tournament second best to the St Mikes tournament in my books but a very well organized tournament thank you to Mother Teresa for another exciting tournament and Congradulations to the Mother Teresa Titans for winning and goodjob to"Gill_" for the amazing quarter-by-quarter scores.. cant wait till next year..
    Respect
    Respect
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 562
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post by Respect Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks to Coach Melnik & the other coaches who take time to speak to us online. Your comments & updates are really appreciated!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am