HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
TorontoBasketball
EYE OF A TIGER
6 posters

Martingrove vs Emery--- 3A City Championships (on Rogers)

Poll

Who WILL 3A CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS

[ 6 ]
    Martingrove vs Emery--- 3A City Championships (on Rogers) Bar_left46%Martingrove vs Emery--- 3A City Championships (on Rogers) Bar_right [46%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Martingrove vs Emery--- 3A City Championships (on Rogers) Bar_left54%Martingrove vs Emery--- 3A City Championships (on Rogers) Bar_right [54%] 

Total Votes: 13
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Martingrove vs Emery--- 3A City Championships (on Rogers) Empty Martingrove vs Emery--- 3A City Championships (on Rogers)

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Emery defeated Laurier by 1 in Overtime
    -Emery with 6 men pulled off a UPSET over the favourite to win it all.

Martingrove defeated Western Tech
    -Martingrove i dont know how they did it must of held down the beast (Jeffery Christmas)

Finals- Emery vs. Martingrove @University of Toronto Thursday Feb.24

Rogers: will cover the A, 2A,3A,4A City Finals and it will air on Saturday from 3:30-10:30pm

****************Now i would like to know who will win?**********************
    Coach Shawn Gray and Martingrove or Coach Bob Maydo(Legend) and Emery

Last edited by EYE OF A TIGER on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Martingrove vs Emery--- 3A City Championships (on Rogers) Empty Re: Martingrove vs Emery--- 3A City Championships (on Rogers)

Post by TorontoBasketball Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:37 pm

They were able to hold down there big man to apparently 10 points, and then he gained 4 fouls as well.
    emeryball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Martingrove vs Emery--- 3A City Championships (on Rogers) Empty Re: Martingrove vs Emery--- 3A City Championships (on Rogers)

Post by emeryball Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:33 pm

what was the final score
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by OnlyTheTruth Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:34 pm

I heard that he wasnt that impressive today just like the last time they played.. but also Martingrove came with some defence that you dont really see out of them normally which had got them the win... I think if Martingrove just plays good defence and operates there offence as they always do they will defeat this amazing Emery squad.. Also Anthony Ottley will be the factor that will get Emery the win if he doesnt show up with his A game on thursday Emery wont win...
    baller1o1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-07-19

Post by baller1o1 Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:34 pm

Semi-final
    Western Technical-Commercial School (53) @ Martingrove CI (69)

From TDSB website
    emeryball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by emeryball Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:41 pm

i think that going into the finals emery is the underdog because of there depleted line up however throughout these 3A games they have proven that you must try very hard to win a game even with less players, i think emery will win it because of there solid D Anthony wil be a factor in this win
    we.not.me
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post by we.not.me Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:07 pm

just watch for that wright kid, the man will drop a quiet 30 on you smiling the whole time. no defense can take him lightly.

in the end martingrove over emery by 5-10 points.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:33 am