HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+23
laszlo
scarx
we.not.me
baller77
TAJ
DaKidMusclez
yaboy7
TheNews
Coach Philippe
baller1o1
Coach Bob
Scarbro
emeryball
lowcenter
TorontoBasketball
tb11
Yonge
RealBall
thechosenballer
skip2myloupt2
OnlyTheTruth
THE ROASTA
EYE OF A TIGER
27 posters

Toronto 3A City Championships (route to OFSAA)

Poll

Who WILL 3A CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS

[ 12 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_left24%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_left24%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_left12%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 16 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_left32%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_right [32%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_left8%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_left0%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_left0%Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 50
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Empty Toronto 3A City Championships (route to OFSAA)

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Here it is ....WIN OR GO HOME....SEASON DEFINER.....WHERE LEGENS/HERO's ARE MADE..

Standings:
    North- 1.Emery, 2.Westview
    South- 1.Western Tech, 2.Jarvis
    West- 1.Martingrove, 2. Vaughn Road
    East- 1. Laurier, 2. Churchill

3A DRAW:
    1st Round-

Game 1) Churchill 61 @ Western Tech 63
    Game 2) Westview 47 (David Oduro, 17) @ Martingrove 61 (Mohammed Osman, 24)
    Game 3) Jarvis 45 (Musa Noble-Mohamed, 18 ) @ Laurier 66 (Daniel Mullings, 32),
    Game 4) Vaughan Road 48 (Harvin Touissint, 22) @ Emery 62 (Anthony Ottley, 21),

Semi -Finals- Tuesday, Feb.24, 2009

Game 5) Western Tech vs Martingrove 1:00pm@ West Toronto C.I
    Game 6) Sir Wilfred Laurier vs Emery 11:30pm@ West Toronto C.I

Final-- (U of T--Thursday , Feb.26 **Rogers "Game Day" Channel 10**) <<<---------------Telivised--****
    Game 7)Two semi final winners

Right now the Favourite to win Toronto 3A City's is Laurier
    (2009 Toronto East Champions Defeating #6 West Hill in the finals) BUT ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!

******************PLEASE VOTE AND EXPLAIN WHY*******************************

Last edited by EYE OF A TIGER on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:20 pm; edited 7 times in total
    THE ROASTA
    Freshman

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Empty Re: Toronto 3A City Championships (route to OFSAA)

Post by THE ROASTA Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:30 pm

When are 1st round games?

Coach Phillippe has all City's start Thursday feb.19
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Toronto 3A City Championships         (route to OFSAA) Empty Re: Toronto 3A City Championships (route to OFSAA)

Post by OnlyTheTruth Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:41 pm

Is Central Commerce 4A?? or did they just not make it:S ...
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:47 pm

Central Commerce declared 2A at the begining of the year
    (would of been competitive in 3A tho)
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:49 pm

oh .. that sucks would have been interesting to see Martingrove and Central Commerce go round 3 Very Happy
    THE ROASTA
    Freshman

Post by THE ROASTA Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:12 am

Vaughn Road vs. Emery----------HECTIC

they both play the same style (defensive scrappy)
    but Emery has more size in their Centre Anthony but Vaughn Road has heart in Jacob Z. and Marvin T.

I dont know who will win honestly
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-07-17

Post by skip2myloupt2 Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:37 am

i think Vaughan Road will pull out a win!
    thechosenballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Post by thechosenballer Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:58 am

anthony ottley is one of the best forwards in north potentail the gta. Kadeem Francis is one of the best pg's in the north potentail the best scoring gaurds in the gta. Vaughn road is an excellent defensive team. They also have omar and the other related to him i think? It is going to be a great game. Look out for an intense game. What you guy's think will happen?
    RealBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by RealBall Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:18 am

This one really could go either way.

I think Emery wins in a tough low-scoring game. Anthony Ottley could be the X factor.
    Yonge
    Freshman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2008-10-07

Post by Yonge Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Although those teams from the west look strong i gotta go wit Laurier from da east (since dey reppin for my "confrence" if u wanna call it dat) lol
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Post by OnlyTheTruth Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:26 pm

I see Martingrove and Laurier in the finals ... Laurier pulling out a win by about 5-10 but Martingrove winning the backdoor game to make it to Ofssaa and then taking the anger for the loss out on those teams... I am a Martingrove supporter but Laurier is a very good team and Martingrove has a hard time keeping up leads due to the lack of there talent on the bench .. Examples Dyouville were winning by atleast 10 at a point starters get tired they end up losing... Westhill winning by atleast 5-10 starters get tired Adrain takes advantage Martingrove loses... I want Martingrove to win but I dont no this one would be a difficult one to predict but I will say Laurier so ROASTA over there doesnt keep talking...
    tb11
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148

Post by tb11 Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:57 pm

I would like Laurier to win but i don't think it's going to happen. They have proven that their win against West Hill was not a fluke by defeating them again in the finals and I think every team in the GTA will NOT take them lightly.

...Talking about lack of talent on the bench, in the east finals vs West Hill, I do not recall anyone coming off the bench for Laurier. The 5 starters were on the floor for the whole game and they looked alright on the court. The only rest they received was in the time outs and at half time. I guess they don't need a break.
    Any way, if Laurier can win in the semi-finals, I think they will win it all because if they do get to the semi's, they will have to face either Vaughn Road or Emery. Tough choice scratch

Last edited by tb11 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Any Results from any of the games today?
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by TorontoBasketball Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Martingrove won by 12 or 14.
    tb11
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148

Post by tb11 Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:36 pm

One more question...
    With Laurier defeating West Hill for a second time, do you think they should be ranked among the super-16. If so, where do they fall?
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Post by TorontoBasketball Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Not sure how high, what other big name teams did they face?
    lowcenter
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post by lowcenter Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:45 pm

Emery wins 62-50 against vaughan
    emeryball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by emeryball Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:55 pm

Emery beat Vaughn road by 15 odd points today with a depleted 6 man line up kadeem Francis and Anthony ottley were the X factors
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Sr. Boys' Basketball — Citywide - Triple-A Quarterfinals —

Martingrove 61 (Mohammed Osman, 24), Westview 47 (David Oduro, 17);

Laurier 66 (Daniel Mullings, 32), Jarvis 45 (Musa Noble-Mohamed, 18 );

Emery 62 (Anthony Ottley, 21), Vaughan Road 48 (Harvin Touissint, 22)
    emeryball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by emeryball Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:36 pm

i think emery will beat laurier in the semis because, they have really tweak and tuned out there offense and defense they are playing amazing basketbal, with only a 6 man roster they beat vaughn road a team that is up there in the super 16 ratings by 14 points i talked to coach maydo and he feels there chances are very high although if they get in fould trouble then they will be in trouble

3A champs
    THE ROASTA
    Freshman

Post by THE ROASTA Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:35 pm

this is for "TheTruthHurts" ,

What happened to the "Freak of Nature" as you said it Mathew Wright?....i expected a big game 1st round of the City Championships or like you said was he not trying on less teams?

like i said , when u boost players it makes them look even more STUPID.... so STOP IT. Mathew is a good player but "Freak of Nature?" common please.

"TheTruthHurts" you also said,
    " Justin Bakuteka and Mohammed Osman are no where near Matthews skill level... Also Matthew is known around the city as a great guard and for sure is top 10 for his class but Justin is no where and either is Mohammed Osman for centers.. That is the only reason why I am saying he is a big factor not every team has a player that is top 10 in the city and teams that are lucky enough to have these players are never doubted thats why I say Martingrove wont lose to Vaughn Road because Matthew Wright is to good of a player for them to lose now when it really matters" ("OnlyTheTruth")

wow ...lol....like i said I WIL FOLLOW ALL UR POSTS....specially the boosting Mathew one.

i guess Mathew didn't play because the opponent is not SUPER16. And Teamates Mohamed O. and Justin B. is nowwhere near his level

"OnlyTheTruth" if you are Mathew himself, or a JockRyder on the left bench...just stop boosting and bashing teamates , like the man is "god" ...nother more i hate then boosters.
    THE ROASTA
    Freshman

Post by THE ROASTA Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:41 pm

(alright now im done with "OnlyTheTruth" on boosting)

Now lets talk about the 2 semi-final games:

Western Tech vs. Martingrove
    ..........and...................
    Sir Wilfred Laurier vs. Emery

what are your thoughts?
    Scarbro
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-11-21

Post by Scarbro Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:49 pm

I like Emery and Western Tech.
    But it could go either way, very close for both games.
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Post by TorontoBasketball Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Winston Churchill CI @ 61
    Western Technical-Commercial School 63
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-07-17

Post by skip2myloupt2 Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:08 am

Scarbro good choices but i would say Martingrove only because they did beat Western Tech before...
    you are right it can go wither way...

The Roasta stop wasting your time on OnlyThe Truth

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:24 am