HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

THE IRV SALSBERG GTA TOURNAMENT - JR BOYS - WHATS GOING ON

Zen Master
    Freshman

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

THE IRV SALSBERG GTA TOURNAMENT - JR BOYS - WHATS GOING ON Empty THE IRV SALSBERG GTA TOURNAMENT - JR BOYS - WHATS GOING ON

Post by Zen Master Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:37 am

Ok I need some information please

All year we have been ranking teams (opinions and facts) of who are the top 10, 15 teams in the GTA. So please can anyone explain what GTA is? (Greater Toronto Area) so does this include Peel Region, York Region, Durham, Hamilton, London, etc?

So We ranked teams in the GTA because we have opinions on who would be considered who the Number 1 to 15 teams Possibly in the Province but definitely in Toronto.

So why would this Tournament Irv Salsberg have a GTA Tournament and not have the Top 10-15 teams in this tournament? Are we trying to keep the 416 basketball alive? Well lets face it, 905 is representing very strong and need to be included, becasue in the Top 3 alone, 2 of the teams are out of "GTA" surroundings and have been in the top 10 consistently the last few years, So why the Change? I am sure there has been teams outside who have participated in this event and now, times have change, Tournament making changes? I find this very odd

As of Jan 12 Here was the top 10 list: (MAKE NOTE - 5 TEAMS OUTSIDE OF "GTA" SURROUNDINGS WILL NOT BE IN ATTENDANCE)

(Released Jan 12th)

1. Henry Carr A
    [b]2. Pickering A[/b]
    [b]3. Vaughan[/b]
    4. Henry Carr B
    5. Mother Teresa
    6. Pope John Paul
    [b]7. St. Francis Xavier[/b]
    8. Oakwood
    [b]9. Notre Dame (Ajax)
    10. Dunbarton[/b]

I guess my point is, if this tournament is only about the GTA Teams, well just remember, those teams that are outside of the "GTA" have travelled on numerous occasions to the GTA core and played games and Tournaments, thats why they are there and also the fact that other teams in the "GTA" can not compete, no disrespect, but the truth is reality.

So My Ideal tournament is to Put this Irv Salsberg Tournament to rest and let these Teams who have worked so hard all season long, go at it at the final stage, just like OFFSSA and let there be the Ultimate Seeding tournament. Sweet 16

1. Carr A
    2. Vaughan
    3. Pickering
    4. Pope
    5. ND (Ajax)
    6. MT
    7. Carr B
    8. Eastern
    9. Oakwood
    10. Dunbarton
    11. Xavier
    12. Richview
    13. STL
    14. Brebeuf
    15. Westhill
    16. D'ville

With the format, Do it like Coach Bob - Win you move on, Lose and have a chance at Consolation Round - Lose 2 - and Call it the Season

Coach Bob - Can you get Gym Space at your gym? and cover the teams from the East and I could get a Gym in the West to cover Teams West of Yonge Street - LOL -

What are your opinions?
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

THE IRV SALSBERG GTA TOURNAMENT - JR BOYS - WHATS GOING ON Empty Re: THE IRV SALSBERG GTA TOURNAMENT - JR BOYS - WHATS GOING ON

Post by Coach Clement Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:54 am

The concept is good but we are already in the Salsberg. Its unfortunate about the field.

Its too late to add yet another tournament imo.

Next year for sure! This year, I don't see it happening.

It is particularly bad for us since we have lost six players since Christmas.

We had a great effort @ Carr but frankly I just want this season to end at this point and start working towards next year.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

THE IRV SALSBERG GTA TOURNAMENT - JR BOYS - WHATS GOING ON Empty Re: THE IRV SALSBERG GTA TOURNAMENT - JR BOYS - WHATS GOING ON

Post by wcbasketball Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:37 am

"Coach Clement", I have been in the position you are in right now so I know exactly how you feel. I want to let you know that I feel you do a great job and to keep your head up. I have a tremendous amount of respect for who you are and what you do. Don't ever change. You have my support.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:49 am

Thank you Coach!

Just so you know my head is high. Our game @ Carr made my year.

For us that loss was bigger than any championship you can imagine!

It made our season. My kids finally got it! Basketball
    Dwill#8
    Freshman

Number of posts : 295
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by Dwill#8 Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:28 pm

zen master, how can you put STL who lost to newmarket twice and couldnt make the finals and brebeuf who got no where in the york region playoffs?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:28 pm