HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

2 posters

Point Missed, Point Made

Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Point Missed, Point Made Empty Point Missed, Point Made

Post by Coach Philippe Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:08 pm

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3925981&categoryid=3286128
    (ESPN Video link above...)

With all the negativity out there, this story was a welcome relief of Positivity and a lesson to us all!

This is what Coaching, and playing is all about. It's not always about winning on the scoreboard, but also playing with integrity,
    sportsmanship and being a winner in life!

Very touching story about a player who lost his mother and players, coaches and fans supporting/rallying around this young man...

Let's try and spread more positivity and support to our players and the community and teach the right lessons!

(I am writing this because some of the most popular topics lately have been about the Pickering H.S. issues, Tristan Thompson and now Theo Davis) Let's please remember that these are all people too, that are doing their best and trying to make a path for themselves in this world. I personally want to see everyone reach their full potential and to succeed in basketball and in life! Let's try and promote positivity, sportsmanship, comradery and love rather than other things that do nothing to promote the game of Basketball and Life.

Hat's off to the Players and Coaches of Dekalb H.S. and Madison H.S. and much love and support go out to Johntell Franklin for his courage and passion even after the loss of his mother!

Life's too short for Hate, let's spread Love!
    MI5
    Freshman

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Point Missed, Point Made Empty Re: Point Missed, Point Made

Post by MI5 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:06 pm

excellent story
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Coach Philippe Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm glad you took the time to check this out MI5...

This post is getting some great feedback on the Junior Board, so I wanted to make sure it got pushed back up to the top of the list on the Senior Board as well...

I truly believe we spend too much of our time on negativity (on Hooptown GTA as well as in the media...)

If you haven't checked out this video, it's really worth the few minutes of time. Very touching and powerful story that speaks of the brotherhood and comradery that basketball is really all about!

I would love to see a positive post be one of the most popular rather than the "controvertial" or hateful posts that seem to be the most discussed...

Let's come together just like the players and coaches in this story did and make the Canadian Basketball community be one we can all be proud of!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:57 am