HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+13
TheNews
wetshooter31
scarx
Baller-amazing
EYE OF A TIGER
whatupdawg
baller1o1
RealBall
caddykid5
Coach Bob
TorontoBasketball
mthompson93
stunin101
17 posters

Next Year toronto West

stunin101
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Next Year toronto West Empty Next Year toronto West

Post by stunin101 Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:03 pm

Who will be a threat in the west next year
    mthompson93
    Freshman

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-03-13

Next Year toronto West Empty Re: Next Year toronto West

Post by mthompson93 Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:33 pm

hey... i know this is a little off-topic, sorry, but does anyone knwo who runs this website? if so, i would really appreciate some contact info...

thanks!
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by TorontoBasketball Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:00 pm

It is rumoured that all the starters accept their centre and 4 or so bench players are returning for next season from Martingrove. If this is true, Martingrove will win.
    Coach Bob
    Freshman

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Post by Coach Bob Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:45 pm

Shawn Gray and the Martingrove Bears are returning 4 of their starters for next years season. There losing their Big man Mohamed Osman and 4 players off the bench.

They should be just fine, but will need to fill the Post position or players off the bench step up.

I believe Teams like Martingrove and Vaughn Road should go AAAA due to the lack of competitive representation in the 4A west the past couple of years.
    caddykid5
    caddykid5
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Post by caddykid5 Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:10 pm

[quote="mthompson93"]hey... i know this is a little off-topic, sorry, but does anyone knwo who runs this website? if so, i would really appreciate some contact info...

thanks![/quote]info@hooptowngta.com
    RealBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by RealBall Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Is Matthew Wright returning to Martingrove next year?

If yes will he be Grade 12 or 5th year?
    baller1o1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-07-19

Post by baller1o1 Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Matthew is going to be in 5th year, Martingrove also had a 13-5 junior team that lost in the West Region semi - final too Thistletown they also lost to them once in the season with the other losses to Vaughan, Dunbarton and Pope John Paull II, they had a one point win against Peel Region Junior Champs Father Goetz and a 9-1 regular season.
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Post by whatupdawg Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:53 pm

wordz on d streetz...vaaun slapped slapped...martingrov jrz dis sezon...
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Martingrove is definently the Team to Beat with 4 starters coming back. BUT they have NO BIGS......Troy McDonald i seen on Rogers is 6'3 140lbs red head. They NEED a transfer or get stronger down low if they plan to go 4A
    Baller-amazing
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 461
    Registration date : 2008-11-08

Post by Baller-amazing Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:59 pm

MCI is getting good gr.9s next year for sure
    RealBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by RealBall Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:05 pm

What does Vaughan Road look like next season?

Are there any other potential Top 16 teams out of the Toronto West next season?
    scarx
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Post by scarx Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Martingrove for sure is taking it next year. Thay have matthew wright coming back who is one of the top players in ontario, justin bakuteka who is a very good wingman with matthew. Both are prolific scores and good defenders. As for Troy and Steven they are both very good players, very good role players, they each have had their good games this year and helped the team in many more ways than just scoring. However all four of these players are capable of putting 20+ point games and have each done so this year.

Mohammed for them was a huge loss though and they do need a centre to transfer or hopefully a good junior. PLus watch out for that sukpreet kid i heard he is somewhat good.
    wetshooter31
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by wetshooter31 Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:27 pm

martingrove is gunna be nice in gr 9 cuz all of etobicoke rep team is comin cuz shawn gray coaches em
    stunin101
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by stunin101 Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:51 pm

[quote="scarx"]Martingrove for sure is taking it next year. Thay have matthew wright coming back who is one of the top players in ontario, justin bakuteka who is a very good wingman with matthew. Both are prolific scores and good defenders. As for Troy and Steven they are both very good players, very good role players, they each have had their good games this year and helped the team in many more ways than just scoring. However all four of these players are capable of putting 20+ point games and have each done so this year.

Mohammed for them was a huge loss though and they do need a centre to transfer or hopefully a good junior. PLus watch out for that sukpreet kid i heard he is somewhat good.[/quote]

George harvey i heard is returning some starters and has some nice players coming off the bench
    TheNews
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by TheNews Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:02 pm

If 4 of Martingroves starters who won 3A Toronto Cities and made it to 3A Semi Finals at OFSSA return im pretty sure that they will win Toronto West easily probably win 3A cities again and compete in OFSSA again.. Just like i said this year and it happenend the Toronto West isnt a challenge for Martingrove as long as Matthew Wright is there...
    unknownballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-07-20

Post by unknownballer Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:03 pm

anybody know what runnymede looks like next year?
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by TAJ Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:25 am

I hve seen most of the West Squad. This is what I feel about 09/10 season. Please don't be offended if I hve screwd up somewhere; Only my opinion. You can correct me if u disagree with me.

MCI has a bright future. They hve been consitent with their program. They are a dominant team in the west and I feel they are gettin closer to being one of the elite.
    If they continue to get good juniors and develops the base of the program, maybe, just maybe, one day we will see them fighting for the top spot in the City.
    From what I am hearing they will have 4 starters from this season, including Mathew W. I think those players will be the core of the team and they should be a team to beat in the West.

VRA overall had a great season. They had a good junior squad and their senior team was outstanding (had some major wins). They should be alright next year if they focus on their game. Defence!

GHCI should have a good team. They had a great run this year and players like Fidel should have big impact next year. They will have some 5th year players. If they can fill their bench, then they might be able to make another run.

Runnymede had good senior/junior team. If those guys keep up their performance and keep playing together, they might have something to prove.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5. (Underdog???)
    Richview might be a team that might surprise a lot of people. They had a great junior team and have players who can play the game (Scot M). Once those junior players move up, I think they will turn some heads! May not be the top team nxt year but they hve potential!!

Those are my top 5 teams for next year. I have not ranked them in any particular order. :0

Not to sure what will happen to Weston, Memo, Silverthorn etc. I don't see them in my picture yet. But, obviously they might come out strong. Any thing is possible.
    unknownballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-07-20

Post by unknownballer Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:28 pm

runnymede i heard has no one to depend on next year and Shane R is leaving
    THE ROASTA
    Freshman

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

Post by THE ROASTA Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Lets Be Honest,

Martingrove WILL win the west again next year, because the West is WEAK.

The only team to Challenge is George Harvey with an upcoming Big Man in Fidel B.

The issue is NOT if Martingrove wins the West it's all about OFSAA . The West for the past couple of years have been sending Etobicoke C.I to the 4A cities after they loose in the 1st round of the playoffs to Represent the west. ........This is SAD.....IF Martingrove is a Top10 team for the last couple of year ....

WHY NOT GO 4A??.....who is there to be scared of Eastern is not returning Alwayne, Mavin, Wayne, ect..., West Hill is Done....Only Oakwood

Martingrove is Returning 4 Starters Minus Their ONLY BIG MAN in Mohamed Osman

BUT!!!...to Compete at the highest LEVEL ..you NEED a Post presence.......THATS A MUST....

but Ya Martingrove will win the West next year for the 3rd consecutive year, or as they call it ....3 peat
    TheNews
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by TheNews Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Martingrove will win the west for sure next year there is no doubt it my mind that they wont.. BUT do not sleep on that Emery squad when it comes to cities ...
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by TAJ Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Guys, Martingrove looks really good for next year. But that doesn't mean they will win it (nothing personal against Bears). It is very likely but to say 'no doubt' is kind of stupid. If they will win the West, then why bother playin the season, lets give them the title right now. LOL. You guys are entitled to your own opinion and I have nothing against you guys. But to crown them winner right now is very silly.

Hopefully, teams out there reading this post and work hard to prove some people wrong. No doubt MCI will want the third consecutive title very bad. And I have NO DOUBT that teams in the West will try their best to snatch that title.

Just a gut feeling, we might see an upset!?!?!
    we.not.me
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post by we.not.me Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:50 pm

[quote="THE ROASTA"]..
    Lets Be Honest,

Martingrove WILL win the west again next year, because the West is WEAK.

The only team to Challenge is George Harvey with an upcoming Big Man in Fidel B.

The issue is NOT if Martingrove wins the West it's all about OFSAA . The West for the past couple of years have been sending Etobicoke C.I to the 4A cities after they loose in the 1st round of the playoffs to Represent the west. ........This is SAD.....IF Martingrove is a Top10 team for the last couple of year ....

WHY NOT GO 4A??.....who is there to be scared of Eastern is not returning Alwayne, Mavin, Wayne, ect..., West Hill is Done....Only Oakwood

Martingrove is Returning 4 Starters Minus Their ONLY BIG MAN in Mohamed Osman

BUT!!!...to Compete at the highest LEVEL ..you NEED a Post presence.......THATS A MUST....

but Ya Martingrove will win the West next year for the 3rd consecutive year, or as they call it ....3 peat[/quote]i have always wondered why Martingrove doesn't go 4A to represent the west better. well i guess if they go 3A they have an better chance of actually going to OFSAA which makes sense.

and watch out for Runnymede, if they have all the players that are suppose to be returning return, they will have a solid team. also george harvey will be a nice squad next year, a three-four solid returning players coming back, some grade 11s who will make a big impact. watch out for these teams.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:11 am