HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

5 posters

Alwayne Bigby Committs to Northeastern

thehoopfactory
    Freshman

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Alwayne Bigby Committs to Northeastern Empty Alwayne Bigby Committs to Northeastern

Post by thehoopfactory Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:38 pm

The Eastern Commerce Saints are proud to announce that 2009 Captain Alwayne Bigby has committed to the NCAA Men’s Basketball Program at Northeastern University. Northeastern – located in downtown Boston - is a mid-major program on the rise and battled for the Colonial Athletic Association championship in 2009. A highly reputable academic university, Northeastern is also the former home of Boston Celtic legend Reggie Lewis and current Dallas Mavericks guard Jose Juan Barea.

Bigby, a 6’5 guard, leaves Eastern Commerce C.I. as an Ontario Provincial Champion. Bigby is a five year player developed through the Eastern system who becomes the 13th Commerce player since 2001 to win an NCAA scholarship. Bigby’s accomplishments are numerous:
    • 2004 Under 15 National Championships MVP
    • Member of Canada’s Junior National Team
    • Nike Global Challenge- 1st Team All Star
    • Toronto Star 1st Team All Star
    • Five-Time Toronto South Champion
    • Four-Time City of Toronto Champion
    • 2009 OFSAA Champion.

Bigby’s high school coaches praised his basketball skills and leadership abilities Coach Kevin Jeffers commented: “The Eastern Commerce Family is happy to graduate another player to the Division I ranks. Alwayne Bigby is a true champion with exceptional skills and we look forward to watching him playing next year at Northeastern. Go Huskies.”

Coach Roy Rana added: “In so many ways this was the perfect fit. Alwayne will be going to a great academic university that is close to home and the Basketball Program is on the verge of becoming a perennial NCAA tournament threat. Alwayne will fit nicely into a young but solid backcourt and should contribute right away.”

“We have a long relationship with Head Coach Bill Coen and he has shown himself to be an honest man who cares about his players. We are very excited about Alwayne’s future at Northeastern University. He is one of the greatest competitors that I have coached in my career. His willingness to make the sacrifices necessary to play at the next level and more importantly his commitment to being a team player are what separates him. Fittingly he leaves our program as a Champion and becomes another proud member of the Eastern Commerce tradition.”

Bigby will enrol in the Bachelor of Arts program this summer and looks to step in and compete for minutes right away. Alwayne said, “I would like to thank God, my mother, Coach Rana, Coach Bullen, Coach Jeffers, and all of the Eastern Commerce Staff.”
    greenlight
    Freshman

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Alwayne Bigby Committs to Northeastern Empty Re: Alwayne Bigby Committs to Northeastern

Post by greenlight Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:40 pm

damn... he didnt give no shoutouts to coah ro? lol did things go sour between those 2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Alwayne Bigby Committs to Northeastern Empty Re: Alwayne Bigby Committs to Northeastern

Post by 101010 Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Congratulations to Alwayne Bigby, he's a leader on and off the court.
    He's a hard working kid, a great kid in school, good relationships with
    coaches, what a great accomplishment his done with his basketball
    team this year, keep working hard.
    Good job and good luck next year.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Great job kiddo. I expect to see big things from Alwayne. Another kid who is leaving us up here to make us very proud of him as he makes something of himself down there. Well deserved.
    d1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by d1 Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:03 am

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALWAYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:29 am