HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+6
bigballer
zonekiller
bruins
acie earl 55
Coach Clement
thehoopfactory
10 posters

115-11 win for The Hoop Factory in Italy

thehoopfactory
    Freshman

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

115-11 win for The Hoop Factory in Italy Empty 115-11 win for The Hoop Factory in Italy

Post by thehoopfactory Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:20 am

The Hoop Factory opened tourney play with a lopsided win.......

Full details and game recap to follow

see event and game pics below

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/photos.php?id=514445658
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

115-11 win for The Hoop Factory in Italy Empty Re: 115-11 win for The Hoop Factory in Italy

Post by Coach Clement Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:44 am

Its posted as 113-11 on the schedule. Also Pau Orthez 130- ICT Nerviano 47.

Those are pretty lopsided outcomes for sure! Shocked
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

115-11 win for The Hoop Factory in Italy Empty Re: 115-11 win for The Hoop Factory in Italy

Post by acie earl 55 Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:52 am

113-11? Is that Vaughan's Junior team playing?
    bruins
    bruins
    Freshman

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2008-08-14

Post by bruins Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:32 am

i would have hoped that it was a misprint, but i gather it isn't. pretty classless to beat a team so bad
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Post by zonekiller Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:39 am

what a waste of time!!!! I hope the players didnt have to pay to play!!!
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:59 am

That's just one game.

It doesn't mean that this will be a walk in the park. I suspect there are some good teams there. Most of Europe's top basketball nations are represented.

When Ontario athletes do well everybody on the site slags the opposition (in this case perhaps fairly).

But if we lose everybody comes on slagging the selection process asking why this player isn't there or that player isn't there.

Playing in an international tournament in Europe is an experience of a lifetime. It is a cultural eye-opening for these athletes! Hardly a waste of time!
    bigballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post by bigballer Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:13 am

The coach should be embarassed, nice way to represent canada. We dont like it when its done to us . Most of these tournaments have 2 or 3 good teams the rest are very weak.
    zonekiller
    Junior

Post by zonekiller Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:33 am

i just got off the tournament site and looked at their program. All the team pictures from the other squads were well done and ours was taken like after a practice!!!! Doesnt mean anything, just looks cheezy!!! LOL Dont matter cause our boys can ball!!
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:38 am

[quote="bigballer"]The coach should be embarassed, nice way to represent canada. We dont like it when its done to us . Most of these tournaments have 2 or 3 good teams the rest are very weak.[/quote]

When you're not there and know what went down you should not criticize.

Maybe the difference in skill was too great and the score could not be held down.

Knowing Coach Rana he would not run the score up. He's an experienced coach and a class act!
    bigballer
    Freshman

Post by bigballer Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:18 am

The score says it all, and I know coach rana, and have seen him run up scores before. If the skill level is that differrent they should at pass the ball around and execute plays to perfection before scoring, there is no excuse.
    bruins
    bruins
    Freshman

Post by bruins Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:36 am

im sure a little has to do with the shot clock, but still this is horrible and doesn't look good for any of us...and to top off the disrespect it was against the host team
    Ronson
    Freshman

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by Ronson Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:40 pm

It all depends on how one views basketball. To me, it may be a little harsh but at the same time if one team is that much stronger than the other, then you cant ask the coach to just sit there and tell his players to run a delay offense. As long as they are not pressing them the whole time.

Also, i'm pretty sure that people in Europe dont frown upon this issue because basketball culture in europe is completely different. People that watched that game probably look up to those players now because they see that they are simply at another level
    lbj23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by lbj23 Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Wow! Words cannot explain how a large margin of points occured. This is an eye opener for all participants in the tournament- to be ready.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:17 pm

This is a high-level tournament. They are playing some of the top countries in the world. I do not think they are going in with the mentality of not embarassing anyone.

They have a high-power lineup and their bench would have a number of the top players in the GTA and doubtless all of Canada. They are paying a good sum of money to help cover costs, they are going there to compete with the best and bringing their A-game.

It is not easy to hold down a team with that much talent especially when they have just been put together for this tournament. The kids on the roster are competing for minutes. How would they even have the time to have a delay game in place?

The coach is familiar with the players but its not like they've played together for a season they have played together for a couple of weeks at best.

They are going there to represent their country and play their best while obviously there are some teams in the draw are just local club teams and not on the same level. They are just filling a spot in the draw.

I'm sure the top teams will give them plenty of argument. Sabonis HS Kaunas in their own pool is likely one of them.
    bigballer
    Freshman

Post by bigballer Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Lets be honest, when teams are losing by 100 this is not a high level tournamet, there are plenty of ways to harness the players, its not a good representation of basketball skills, its really just bullying the other team.
    thehoopfactory
    Freshman

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Post by thehoopfactory Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:16 pm

This is vidal massiah
    First off this is my team, playing under my name, with coaches that were selected becasue of their commitment to player development. our players are here training and getting better during practice regardless of games. Roy rana is not the coach.....this board seems to be filled with experts so i dont get invloved in the discussion to often and wont now.

IF anyone thinks this is a low level tournement thats fine, our kids are here for a life experience and will face very stiff comp when they face barcelona, real madrid, or pau orthez. ALL EUROPEAN POWERHOUSES IN CLUB BASKETBALL.

anyhow i will never stoop to this level and get involved in discussion that have absolutely no meaning, but i will end on this note. we have extemely talented players in Canada and compete very well on the Jr level in internationl competition. Its at the senior level where we tend to struggle. To say our kids showed no class and the coaches are this and that is completely ridiculous and so far from the truth. the score could have been much worst if that were our intentions.

ill leave it at that. feel free to question our coaches, style of play, class etc...as much as you wont. BIG BALLER I WOULD LOVE YOU KNOW YOUR EXPERIENCE IN THIS GAME. YOU CAN GOOGLE my name AND FIND OUT MINE.

THIS WILL BE A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR OUR PLAYERS AND THEY WILL BE BETTER PLAYERS, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY BETTER PEOPLE WHEN THEY GET BACK TO CANADA.

IF THATS NOT WHAT THIS GAME IS ABOUT THEN SORRY, ATTACK ME , NOT ANY OF THE COACHES AS MUCH AS YOU WANT.

PEACE
    VIDAL
    zonekiller
    Junior

Post by zonekiller Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:23 pm

Vidal, I for one dont see it as disrespectful for the score. Im sure the games will be more competitive as the tourney goes.
    What do you see as the "difference" right now with the level of play at this tournament. Are you guys that much stronger OR is that particular team that much weaker.

If you dont mind me asking whos the coaching staff and how was the team picked? Did the players have to pay?

I think more of this should be going and hopefully the senior team would benefit.
    bigballer
    Freshman

Post by bigballer Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:44 pm

4 yr cis, not the same creds as you , but that still does't mean because you have cred. you are excused from running up the score by 100, there is a certain element call sportsmanship that seems to be lacking by looking at the score. If you don't like the people questioning the scores , dont post them on a site where you are open to criticizem
    bigballer
    Freshman

Post by bigballer Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:06 pm

btw, just checking some of the scores on the website, i stand by my comment, this is not a high level tournamet, 81-35, 123-35 or how about 231-31
    RealBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 234
    Registration date : 2008-07-12

Post by RealBall Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:09 pm

hoopfactory,

Wheres the Game Recap and Details on this 1st game??
    bruins
    bruins
    Freshman

Post by bruins Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:15 pm

what would be the lesson you teach your team if you were on the losing end by 100 points? or now 200? just that your coach was to stupid to understand that you would completly outclassed attending an event like that. certainly with roy ranas new job as coach of the under 16 team he will learn from this
    bruins
    bruins
    Freshman

Post by bruins Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:18 pm

vidal another question is if roy is not coaching then who is? and why is he on the web site as the coach of the team? please give us the facts so we can attack the quilty person Laughing
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:40 pm

231- 31? !

WOW
    lbj23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by lbj23 Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:54 pm

[b]Correct me if I am wrong but this article is from todays toronto star. Roy Ranna is coaching the under 16 Canadian National team[/b].

Rana takes coaching act onto the national stage
    Email story
    Print
    Choose text size
    Report typo or correction
    Email the author
    License this article

Eastern Commerce boss to guide Canadian team

Apr 22, 2009 04:30 AM
    Be the first to comment on this article...
    David Grossman
    Sports Reporter

Roy Rana has never backed away from a huge challenge.

But his latest, even the 40-year old high school teacher at Toronto's Eastern Commerce Collegiate admits, will be quite the test.

Rana was given the job by Basketball Canada yesterday to coach the country's inaugural 16-and-under national boys' team.

One of the most successful high school basketball coaches in Canada, with his Saints winning four provincial and a dozen combined regional and city-wide titles, Rana was thrilled when the call came for him to take charge.

But turning a group of 12 players, yet to be chosen, into a team that grabs one of the top three spots at the FIBA Americas qualifier tournament in Argentina from June 17 to 21 could be close to performing magic.

"It'll be a challenge all right but I'm ready and the players will be too," said Rana.

"I expect to give these youngsters a national experience they'll never forget – and that includes reaching the goal of qualifying."

Rana knows the field of eight countries will be tough with the U.S., Brazil, Venezuela and Argentina known for their strong basketball developmental programs.

The top three qualify for the 2010 world championships.

"There isn't much time," said Rana, who last year was director of development for Basketball Ontario.

"A lot will rely on getting the right players and what comes out of a short training camp in June."

While Rana didn't divulge any of his personal picks, Thornhill's 6-foot-10, 215-pound Stefan Nastic might be one of the top local candidates. He's spent a few summers in Serbia and Croatia training.
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Today's score against Armani Junior Milano:

98-66 win.

Looks like Sabonis will be the test.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:34 am