HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+5
slamdunk
Coach Clement
acie earl 55
jt
thehoopfactory
9 posters

The Hoop Factory is back in Italy...Kevin pangos, Nick Lewis

thehoopfactory
    Freshman

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

The Hoop Factory is back in Italy...Kevin pangos, Nick Lewis Empty The Hoop Factory is back in Italy...Kevin pangos, Nick Lewis

Post by thehoopfactory Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:46 pm

For the second consecutive year The Hoop Factory Elite is back in Italy looking to capture another title.
    Game one ended with a tough 6 point win against the hot shooting Czech Republic USK PRAGA STARS.
    Throughout the event standout PG's Kevin Pangos and Nick Lewis will keep everyone updated with a daily journal of their play and experience both on and off the court. Also stayed tuned for scores, pictures, and game recaps.

You can follow The Hoop Factory on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/TheHoopFactory.

Enjoy...

Kevin Pangos

Alright, so we just wrapped up our first game with a 6 point win against the team from Czech republic. Our team played well in stretches throughout the game and one of our post players hit a big 3 to seal the win. The games down here are a lot more physical and the refs let the players get away with a lot more contact. Earlier in the day we had a practice where we just got up a lot of shots and ran through our offense a little. After that I went home for some nice pasta and the family I am billetting with met up with some of my teammates families and we visited the city of Monzo. When we came back I slept for a little while because I was still very tired from the jet lag. My family made another great meal and drove me to the game against the Czechs. Overall it has been a great start to the trip. Now I'm focusing on getting another W tomorrow morning.

Kevin....

Nick Lewis

Journal 1- This is my second international experience playing with HoopFactory and its only been my first day and I'm already having a good time. After our morning shoot around, we were able to go out and visit the city of Monzo. We spent the afternoon with our host families and the rest of the team as we learned more of the Italian lifestyle. We went to the game an extra hour and a half to get mentally prepared for our first game against the Czech Republics USK PRAGA STARS. It was a tough game for us as we battled there big men down low and there 3point shooting guards. The refs weren't calling much, so everyone had to toughen up and play through it. At the end of game we came out with the win. 2morow we face a home team from Italy at 10 am so were going to come out hard again and do our best to come up with the win.

-Nick Lewis

The Hoop Factory
    Building Better Ballers
    www.thehoopfactory.com
    thehoopfactory
    Freshman

The Hoop Factory is back in Italy...Kevin pangos, Nick Lewis Empty Kevin Pangos...Day 2 from Italy

Post by thehoopfactory Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Day 2 started off waking up early for our game at 10 o'clock vs vanoli triboldi from italy. We had a nice lead going into the 4th, but relaxed which allowed them to battle back and make it a closer game. We still finished with a 9 point victory. My family then made me a very tasty lunch before they drove me to the train station where I met up with my teamates and coaches to visit Milan for the afternoon. We spent the day joking, shopping and feeding pigeons before we hopped back on the train home. I had a very quick nap before my family once again drove me to meet with the other players and families at a house. The families ordered pizza and everyone socialized and had fun. The day went very well, but was exhausting at the same time. we are currently 2-0, but have an important game early tomorrow morning. It should be a good one!

Kevin Pangos

You can follow the team on twitter at
    http://twitter.com/TheHoopFactory

www.thehoopfactory.com
    Building Better Ballers

Tournament site:
    http://www.apl-cap.it/home-jit

Roster

HoopFactory Canada Elite

6'0 PG Jahmal Jones
    6'1 PG Kevin Pangos
    6'2 G Nick Lewis
    6'2 G Duane Notice
    6'2 G Kevin Blake
    6'4 W Jordon Gautier
    6'6 W Bikram Gill
    6'6 W/F Deshaun Pierre
    6'8 W/F Jean Pierre Charles
    6'9. C Eric Hobson
    6'11C Ryan Evans
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

The Hoop Factory is back in Italy...Kevin pangos, Nick Lewis Empty Re: The Hoop Factory is back in Italy...Kevin pangos, Nick Lewis

Post by jt Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:50 am

Is Manny Sahota playing in this tournament as well for Team Canada?
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

The Hoop Factory is back in Italy...Kevin pangos, Nick Lewis Empty Re: The Hoop Factory is back in Italy...Kevin pangos, Nick Lewis

Post by acie earl 55 Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:50 am

Hey JT,

I heard Pangos once ate at Subway at the Bramalea Centre . . . that makes him a Brampton resident, right?
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:04 pm

What's that supposed to mean, see what I mean, everyone hatin on B Town. Don't worry it's all good, you all talk and we will keep doing our thing.

I ask a simple question because I heard Manny was going to some tourny in Europe and can't play in Peel all star game, so I though its this one, but I don't see his name on the list.
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:06 pm

We shut up Durham Mans at GTA Battle of Boards and ate their food and we will do it to anyone else who be talking smack and getting bright.

Everyone hyping Durham mans and look what happened to them, got embarrased.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:18 pm

Hey jt that is not a real game! Its just an exhibition and the boards just put a team together and play. One tryout maybe one practice and play!

No one except you even cares about the result! I'm sure you will treasure this victory forever!

Performance at high school tournaments and OFSSAA means much much more!

Win a real championship then talk! Until then button up.
    slamdunk
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2009-02-25

Post by slamdunk Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:01 pm

I see Jordan Gauthier did go. Nice addition to the team. One other was invited for the Windsor area but he could not make it.
    bballfan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by bballfan Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:35 pm

There are two Canadian teams playing in this tournament. One is Hoop Factory the other is Eastern Mission which Manny is playing on. Hoop Factory is playing for gold and Eastern Mission is play for Bronze tomorrow. Here is the Eastern Mission roster posted on the tournament website:

Micqueel Martin
    Brandon Sam-Hinton
    Jarryn Skeete
    Cameron Robertson
    Daniel Mullings
    Anthony Ottley
    Aaron Best
    Richard Audu
    Nicholas Madray
    Manny Sahota
    Matthew Atewe
    Keegan Dunlop
    haltonelite
    Freshman

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2009-11-27

Post by haltonelite Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Curious...how is the Hoop Factory team selected? Eastern Mission I'm assuming = Toronto Mission so that's fairly obvious, they announced tryouts recently I think. But what about Hoop Factory, do they have tryouts?
    confusedaau1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2009-03-30

Post by confusedaau1 Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:29 pm

bballfan what is the tournament website? thanks.
    bballfan
    Freshman

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by bballfan Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:07 am

http://www.apl-cap.it/2010-memorial-bellosi/i-risultati-calendario.html
    thehoopfactory
    Freshman

The Hoop Factory is back in Italy...Kevin pangos, Nick Lewis Empty Kevin Pangos and Nick Lewis...Day 3 from Italy

Post by thehoopfactory Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:53 am

PG'S Kevin Pangos and Nick Lewis will be keeping everyone updated on their experience in Italy...check out their third installments....

Kevin.

Day 3 was filled with activity just like every other day, but more. We woke up early to play at 10 o'clock again and won pretty handily against an italian club team. My family took me back home to eat a nice easter lunch they had prepared, which had some very interesting food choices. I had a quick nap before I left for the gym again. This time it was for the skills competitions. First up was the 3 point shootout which Jordan Gauthier competed in from my team. He shot well, but did not end up winning the competition. I was up next in the bump competition which I was able to win and got a pair of new balance shoes. Finally there was the dunk competition which was dominated by canadians. The top 3 were all canadian: Kevin Blake from my team and daniel mullings and aaron best from the other canadian team. There were some crazy dunks and those 3 put on a nice show. Finally after another meal and nap We arrived at the gym for our semi finals vs Urspring (Germany). We came out and dominated that game, winning it by 39. Team is playing well and now onto the finals tomorrow vs a team from Spain.

Kevin Pangos

Nick

Day 3 was probably one of the longest days we were going to have on this trip. We all had lots to do, with our first playoff game we went up against an Italian team. We came out with the win pretty easily because of our hard work on defense and execution on offense. After the game I came back home to celebrate Easter with the rest of my Italian family. At 3 me and the rest of the team went to go and support Jordan Gauthier as he competed in the 3pt shootout, Kevin Pangos who won the "Bump" competiton and Kevin Blake who came 3rd in the dunk off. We then went back to our families homes to get prepared for our 930 semi final game against the German team URSPRING. During the game we executed well and made alot of defensive stops and came up with the win. 2moro night we play for the Chip

Nick Lewis

You can follow the team on twitter at
    http://twitter.com/TheHoopFactory

You Tube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/thehoopfactory#p/u/2/g3951q51CJo

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=7510621151&ref=ts

www.thehoopfactory.com
    Building Better Ballers

Tournament site:
    http://www.apl-cap.it/home-jit

Roster

The Hoop Factory Canada Elite

6'0 PG Jahmal Jones
    6'1 PG Kevin Pangos
    6'2 G Nick Lewis
    6'2 G Duane Notice
    6'2 G Kevin Blake
    6'4 W Jordon Gautier
    6'6 W Bikram Gill
    6'6 W/F Deshaun Pierre
    6'8 W/F Jean Pierre Charles
    6'9. C Eric Hobson
    6'11C Ryan Evans
    theunknown2009
    Freshman

Number of posts : 282
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Post by theunknown2009 Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:16 pm

eastern mission is not Toronto Mission

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 am