HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

2 posters

Rumours/transfers?

gnote
    Freshman

Number of posts : 58
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Rumours/transfers? Empty Rumours/transfers?

Post by gnote Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:21 am

School is less than 3 weeks away. IM wondering if anyone knows who if anyone is transferring schools? Who is not returning to there school or even to Canada? Was going to ask for top 5 senior team rankings but may be difficult depending on above info, however feel free to add your top 5.
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Rumours/transfers? Empty Re: Rumours/transfers?

Post by rerun Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:26 am

This is a rather difficult thing to do since there has been all this talk about certain players going to prep schools and then things not falling through. I dont know if everyone has returned to their home schools. Alot of talent has graduated from the top teams, however, I think the commitment and overall coaching strength of the top programs enables them to remain in the top 5-10 year in and year out. Here is my list....in my humble opinion:

1.) Henry Carr
    2.) Eastern Commerce
    3.) Mother Teresa
    4.) Martingrove
    5.) Vaughn
    6.) Pickering (if Kevin Thomas returns, then i'll move them up to at least third..potential huge front line Kevin Thomas, Troy Joseph and Mikhail Macintosh)

7-downward...anyone's guess....the usual suspects Emery, Campion, Pope John Paul, Goetz, D'Youville, J Clarke...I just have no idea what the order is some team will move up and others will move down
    gnote
    Freshman

Number of posts : 58
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by gnote Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:11 pm

Rerun,
    i realize its difficult, i was wondering if anyone had any concrete evidence of transfers or kids leaving.
    i figured carr would be preseason #1 but imo they have underachieved in ofsaa when they have gone.
    also, pickering #6? why do you list them so low? werent pickerings jrs 2nd to carr only?
    what will eastern have? and mt losing mo and ashton arent they?
    can anyone answer these questions, thank u
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:22 pm

This is my opinion and it might not be shared by a lot of people on the discussion board. Great junior teams don't necessarily translate into great senior teams....there are usually a couple of players that make it at the senior level...and make serious contributions at the senior level, but, not in their first year of senior ball coming into grade 11. There are exceptions to the rule of course, but, the norm is that great junior players don't come in and rip senior ball right from the start in grade 11. It takes a little time to adjust to the defensive intensity, quickness and pace of the game, and the physicality.

This year is interesting because it seems like everyone of the top team lost a lot of key players except for Martingrove. Therefore, transfers will play a key role, last years grade 11 stepping up a filling the shoes of departed players will be huge and you hope that some of the grade 11 will be ready for primetime.

1.) Henry Carr ( Lost Josh Ogden to Juco....should be returning a good core)
    2.) Eastern (Lost Alwayne Bigby n Wayne Bridge, not sure about Marvin Binney and Jerome Brown)
    3.) Mother Teresa (Lost Maurice Walker and Ashton Khan)
    4.) Martingrove( Lost one starter.. return a good, experienced core group)
    5.) Oakwood (I believe lost only one starter....experienced, disciplned hard core group)
    6.) Pickering (Lost Jonathan Tull and Rob Gagliardi...maybe Kevin Thomas)
    IF kevin Thomas is there, Mikhail Macintosh comes up as a tenth grader, Troy Joseph is playing...then Pickering has a nice, big front line that will give teams a lot of trouble.....with solid guard play....they'll return to the top spot...but that is if all those ifs fall into place.
    7.) Vaughn (lost Josh Collins and one other starter....has real exceptional junior talent)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:29 am