HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

2 posters

ETOBICOKE AAU ELITE TRYOUTS

Etobicoke Basketball Acad
    Freshman

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

ETOBICOKE AAU ELITE TRYOUTS Empty ETOBICOKE AAU ELITE TRYOUTS

Post by Etobicoke Basketball Acad Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:55 am

The Etobicoke Basketball Academy, a division of the Etobicoke Basketball Association, is holding tryouts for it’s 17U development team September 9th and 10th at Humber College (south campus). Last year’s team had successful runs at the Hoosier Shootout in Indiana and the Kentucky Hoopfest in Louisville.

The Etobicoke Basketball Academy, now in it’s 2nd year of existence, is a basketball development program aimed at helping players prepare to play basketball at post-secondary institutions (NCAA, CIS). While the team will be travelling to 4 elite-level AAU tournaments this coming season, the focus of the team is on individual player development.

The development program includes, but is not limited to:

Dynamic Flexibility Training
    Agility Training
    Plyometric Training
    Basketball Skill Development Curriculum
    Standardized Testing

This program is developed with the serious player in mind, specifically those who’s goal it is to pursue playing varsity sports at a post-secondary institution. That being said, there are also academic requirements as part of the program, which are tailored to the individual abilities of each student athlete.

The total cost of the program is approximately $500 (program runs from late Sept to late July), with financial assistance available to athletes on a case-by-case basis. No player will be turned away for financial reasons. There are no tryout costs. Try-outs are open to all high school students.

To reserve your spot in one of our open tryout sessions please call email tay_devo@hotmail.com and provide the information below:

Date of Birth:
    Height:
    Weight:
    High School:
    Contact Phone Number:
    Email Address:

Good luck to all on your upcoming seasons,

Coach D.

Last edited by Etobicoke Basketball Acad on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Freshman

ETOBICOKE AAU ELITE TRYOUTS Empty Re: ETOBICOKE AAU ELITE TRYOUTS

Post by Etobicoke Basketball Acad Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:56 am

A couple of follow up points that were brought to light in the Senior Discussion forum:

While many AAU programs are used for the sole purpose of showcasing players to American D1 coaches, the goal of the Etobicoke BA is to develop players, as well as showcase them in both Canada and the U.S. Our basketball curriculum is designed to better prepare players for the rigors of post-secondary basketball. The team will be competing in both OBA and AAU games for development purposes (including the provincial championships), but player development is the primary goal. This program is aimed primarily at players playing their high school basketball in Canada.

Practices will take place twice weekly during the highschool season (similar to other OBA programs) and will ramp up to three times weekly after the completion of the highschool season. Practices will focus on individual development only during the high school season so as not to interfere with a player’s high school program.
    Freshman

Post by Etobicoke Basketball Acad Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:57 am

Also:

Yes, this program is aimed at players looking to attend either Division 1 or CIS (Canadian university) schools. As part of my commitment to my program I will also be actively contacting coaches in order to find the best post-secondary opportunities for my players. Having played CIS basketball, I have a personal relationship with the majority of the university coaches in Canada. I have also been fortunate enough to found relationships with a handful of mid-major Division 1 assistant coaches, one NBA employee, and 2 Euroleauge coaches.

It is the goal of my program to find the best situation, both on and off the court, for each one of my players. I take this process seriously, as your future as a basketball player, and a contributing member of society, depends on it. I would recommend that all players consult the academic ranking of each school before making any decision regarding their post-secondary education. Two great resources for this are http://www.topuniversities.com/worlduniversityrankings/ and http://www.arwu.org/ (both world university rankings).

This team will be competing in the OBAs as part of our team schedule, so it is not possible to be a part of both an OBA team and this program.

The majority of the practices will take place at Archbishop Romero, with the occasional practice at Richview Collegiate.
    Public Enemy #1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post by Public Enemy #1 Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:10 pm

How many teams will there be, and for what age categories? Given that you have posted this in both the jr and sr forums, I mean.

Also, some background on where you come from / experience?

Again, not trying to be negative, just trying to get a feel for the people involved.

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:52 pm