HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+4
Prime Time
Mu2
luv2ball
HooptownGTA
8 posters

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released October 6th

HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5447
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released October 6th Empty HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released October 6th

Post by HooptownGTA Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Super 16 Senior Girls Rankings
    Released October 6th

1. d'Youville
    2. Notre Dame (Ajax)
    3. Pope John Paul II
    4. Thomson
    5. Etobicoke
    6. Richview
    7. St. Thomas Aquinas
    8. Campion
    9. Eastern Commerce
    10. Aurora
    11. Cardinal Leger
    12. Pickering
    13. Dunbarton
    14. Mount Carmel
    15. Markham
    16. Michael Power

Honourable Mentions: Bill Crothers, Father Goetz, Lawrence Park, Sinclair

Check the site for more details.
    http://hooptowngta.com/super16SG.php
    luv2ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2008-08-02

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released October 6th Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released October 6th

Post by luv2ball Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:33 pm

I am reading both Coach Wheelers Top 16 and now Hooptown's Top 16.
    Both make for some good discussion.
    So I am curious if these are opinion polls or is there some scientific calculation behind these polls ?????
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released October 6th Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released October 6th

Post by HooptownGTA Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:40 pm

The initial Super 16 that was released last week was based on the feedback that I received from coaches and various sources in the high school scene.

This week's Super 16 is based on what the teams have done in the last week. Unfortunately there has been very little games between the Super 16 teams, so at this point it's still a "good educated guess".

Next week will shed some more light on the Super 16 with several teams taking part in either the Xavier Rimrocker or the SBA tournament.

The Rimrocker has: #1 d'Youville, #6 Richview, #7 St. Thomas Aquinas, #8 Campion, and #14 Mount Carmel.

The SBA tournament has: #2 Notre Dame (Ajax), #3 Pope John Paul, #9 Eastern Commerce, #10 Aurora, #12 Pickering, #15 Markham, and HM Father Goetz.
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Durham Region league game - October 7th

#12 Pickering 52 (Teanna Rowe 20) - #2 Notre Dame (Ajax) 51 (Shanica Baker 11)

With Pickering down by 2 points, Colleen Keane (Pickering) hits a lay-up with 4 seconds remaining, gets the and-1, and hits the free-throw.
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:00 pm

notre dame finally played a decent team i c
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post by Prime Time Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Coach Wheeler....Do you still think ND (AJAX) is the # 1 team in the GTA? They finally played a quality team and lost a heartbreaker in the last few seconds of the game. Congrats to Pickering on their win.

Why don't we all wait until AFTER the rimrocker and the SBA tournaments to make an EDUCATED decision on the true super 16 in the GTA.
    Coach Wheeler
    Coach Wheeler
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2009-09-22

Post by Coach Wheeler Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:22 pm

Like I said.... I deal with my rankings totally different from Hooptowngta. I rank by the week's end period. So if ND does happen not to perform well at this weekend Scarborough tournament then they drop but right now they are still my #1 squad for this week.

Coach Wheeler signing offff!
    luv2ball
    Freshman

Post by luv2ball Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:27 pm

HooptownGTA,

Thanks for clarifying that your poll is more or less a coaches poll

We can debate the rankings all we want, but at the end of the day the games are won and lost on the court.

I made the trip out to Notre Dame in Ajax today to catch the game vs Pickering.
    Two quality teams but only one team could would come out a winner today.
    The game could have gone either way.
    It was a great game to watch, both teams were very emotional.
    Wink Smile Smile Smile Smile
    Congratulations to both teams.

Hopefully the playoffs will be just as exciting !!!!!
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:42 am

luv2ball,

Actually the Super 16 is not a coaches poll. At the end of the week, I speak to a few sources and we discuss the games that were played in the past week, and come up with the current Super 16 rankings.

The first release of the Super 16 was made by gathering information from the coaches & sources in the high school scene.....but I did not ask the coaches to submit their rankings, so it was not a coaches poll.

I stay away from coaches polls, because over the years I've come to realize that the coaches do not keep track of all the games regarding other Super 16 teams. And that most coaches always rank their own team higher than they should be (sometimes even after a loss to a lower ranked team).

Regarding the game. I was also at the game, and it was good to see a packed gym with an exciting atmosphere for a girls high school game!!
    luv2ball
    Freshman

Post by luv2ball Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Hey Hooptowngta,

I get your drift.
    I was trying to say your poll is closer to a coaches poll which is based upon opinion opposed to a scientific ranking system.

Even with a scientific ranking system like you US College football system
    There is still a debate most years with which teams get to play for the National Championship.

Personally I appreciate the time you take to share your thoughts.
    As a basketball fan, I love basketball at all levels. So I enjoy watching two good teams play.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:07 pm

[quote="HooptownGTA"]The Rimrocker has: #1 d'Youville, #6 Richview, #7 St. Thomas Aquinas, #8 Campion, and #14 Mount Carmel.[/quote]

Hi Rick, You can add #12 Pickering to the list.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:31 pm

leger beat campion yesterday...
    cdhsbball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-06-04

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released October 6th Empty Rankings

Post by cdhsbball Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:27 am

How do teams that go 1-2 and 0-3 for the week stay in the same places in the rankings????
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:50 am

When they play non-GTA teams in the most difficult tournament of the season so far.
    cdhsbball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-06-04

HooptownGTA's Super 16 - Released October 6th Empty RANKINGS

Post by cdhsbball Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:19 am

[quote="Xavier Rimrocker"]When they play non-GTA teams in the most difficult tournament of the season so far.[/quote]

Ok, so then if a lower or non ranked GTA team beats a non GTA team that had beaten other higher ranked GTA teams, then that team would get no benefit of that victory in your rankings as you have set the peramaters to only include GTA vs. GTA teams as worthy ranking games.

Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by cdhsbball on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:58 pm

Peel Region league game - October 8th

#11 Cardinal Leger 53 - #8 Campion 45
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:12 am

apparently leger was up 20 at one point...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:57 am