HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+11
Mu2
stevelogan92
Coach Mike
Tila_Tequila
nnba
Mr Bean
Peel Fan
highflyer23
gunta
*Baller
Coach Melnik
15 posters

2009 Jr Crusader Classic at Father Henry Carr CS

Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

2009 Jr Crusader Classic at Father Henry Carr CS Empty 2009 Jr Crusader Classic at Father Henry Carr CS

Post by Coach Melnik Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 pm

It is with great pleasure that I announce the field for the 2009 Junior Crusader Classic at Father Henry Carr Catholic School:

FHC Jr B Crusaders
    FHC Jr A Crusaders
    Ascension Eagles
    Brebeuf Bulls
    Eastern Commerce Saints
    HB Beal Raiders
    Pickering Trojans
    Richview Saints
    Mother Teresa Titans
    Thistletown
    Vaughan Voyageurs
    St Mikes Blues

Warmest regards,

Coach Melnik
    *Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

2009 Jr Crusader Classic at Father Henry Carr CS Empty Re: 2009 Jr Crusader Classic at Father Henry Carr CS

Post by *Baller Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:16 pm

dyouville is not in the tournament bounce
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

2009 Jr Crusader Classic at Father Henry Carr CS Empty Re: 2009 Jr Crusader Classic at Father Henry Carr CS

Post by gunta Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:34 pm

[quote="*Baller"]dyouville is not in the tournament bounce[/quote]

Youville dont really have a serious basketball program ,they have a great bunch of juniors but i am sure the coach will do nothing with them.
    Did Youville have their try outs or know what they doing.
    highflyer23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2009-09-21

Post by highflyer23 Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:40 pm

all schools in peel are like that, many get or have great juniors, but coaches never take it serious, thats why Peel basketball isn't as tough as it used to be, like for example look at the teams in the tournament:

FHC Jr B Crusaders
    FHC Jr A Crusaders
    Ascension Eagles ****
    Brebeuf Bulls
    Eastern Commerce Saints
    HB Beal Raiders
    Pickering Trojans
    Richview Saints
    Mother Teresa Titans
    Thistletown
    Vaughan Voyageurs
    St Mikes Blues

Only one peel team.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:43 pm

[quote="highflyer23"]Only one peel team.[/quote]

What does that prove? There are usually 8 or 9 Peel teams in the best junior tournament in the province, the Rimrocker. Hoop-It-Up always has 3 or 4 Peel teams, too.
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Number of posts : 131
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Mr Bean Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:14 pm

Why are you so defensive Peel Fan? Do you still have an issue with Carr? Get over it. The Crusader Classic is just like the Early Bird! A classic. Peel is not where it's at.
    highflyer23
    Freshman

Post by highflyer23 Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:59 pm

[quote="Peel Fan"][quote="highflyer23"]Only one peel team.[/quote]

What does that prove? There are usually 8 or 9 Peel teams in the best junior tournament in the province, the Rimrocker. Hoop-It-Up always has 3 or 4 Peel teams, too.[/quote]

Peel Fan, can you not see that junior basketball programs throughout GTA have already made teams and are running practices, unlike "peel" who lack the sufficient support of a strong basketball program/coaches.

Mr. Bean, you are right, this tournament is a classic and peel is not where it should be..

Peel Coaches/Programs need to step up their game and start the pre-season already. Basketball
    nnba
    Freshman

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2009-09-30

Post by nnba Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:38 pm

best teams are henry carr, st mikes, and vaughan
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by Tila_Tequila Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:32 pm

No Reason to disrespect Peel Teams. Peel Teams do have strong programs but not as strong as toronto teams. There should be no reason to flame bait Peel Fan when he is just stating a fact
    Coach Mike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 219
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Coach Mike Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:19 am

Some teams have already started to enter tournaments, but have not already picked their teams and started practicing. There are many schools that do not allow winter teams to start until their fall teams have finished or are close to finishing.

I know we have been approached to enter a couple of tournaments however have not started our junior try-outs and are just finishing our senior try-outs. However our boys volleyball and girls basketball teams have 1st dibbs on gym time, so the boys are getting Friday mornings, which no one else wants
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:35 am

[quote="gunta"][quote="*Baller"]dyouville is not in the tournament bounce[/quote]

Youville dont really have a serious basketball program ,they have a great bunch of juniors but i am sure the coach will do nothing with them.
    Did Youville have their try outs or know what they doing.[/quote]

That is a misinformed statement. Have you met Coach Zoff or heard of him. He lives and breathes basketball at DY. They have a Bantam, Junior and Senior team and are consistently competitive each year at all levels. One year he was listed as Head Coach for all three teams plus if im not mistaken he does senior girls aswell. DY's basketball "program" is top notch in the GTA if you ask me.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:44 am

Mr. Bean and highflyer23

Peel is right where it should be. The most competitive region in the GTA. The truth of the matter is Peel teams are just not as talented as other teams. Peel schools dont recieve basketball transfers as often as the Toronto school basketball "programs" do. Many Top Peel players leave Peel schools for the "Hype" of Prep or big name Toronto schools. It has nothing to do with coaching. ie. Stefan from FX, Naz from Goetz, Nik from Loyola, Juwan form Loyola etc. These players were top players or going to be top players in Senior this coming year. They all have left.
    highflyer23
    Freshman

Post by highflyer23 Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:48 am

[quote="stevelogan92"]Mr. Bean and highflyer23

Peel is right where it should be. The most competitive region in the GTA. The truth of the matter is Peel teams are just not as talented as other teams. Peel schools dont recieve basketball transfers as often as the Toronto school basketball "programs" do. Many Top Peel players leave Peel schools for the "Hype" of Prep or big name Toronto schools. It has nothing to do with coaching. ie. Stefan from FX, Naz from Goetz, Nik from Loyola, Juwan form Loyola etc. These players were top players or going to be top players in Senior this coming year. They all have left.[/quote]

[b]But this year, were talking about the juniors,[/b] I don't see top players such as Marcus Hanson, Myles Charis, Julian Johnson, Jaylen Parkinson-Robert, Brandon Haliburton, Jerome Yumul and etc. go to prep school, fact is they all are in peel schools, and almost none of their "top teams" are entered in this tournament, or even started their basketball in their respected schools yet. Im just trying to tell peel coaches to step up their programs and catch up to the Toronto District.

Also you can't possibly tell me, gym time is booked EVERYDAY mornings and afterschools, coaches need to find time for this and stop being so lazy, lets get peel in the ranks people, Henry Carr and Pickering also have Jr/Sr. Girls Basketball or Jr/Sr. Boys Volleyball; but is that stopping them from starting practises and enetering preseason tournaments? NO... Fact is Peel needs to step up their game Exclamation
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:23 am

[quote="Mr Bean"]Why are you so defensive Peel Fan? Do you still have an issue with Carr? Get over it. The Crusader Classic is just like the Early Bird! A classic. Peel is not where it's at.[/quote]

That's strange, I could have sworn I wrote a post questioning the logic of using the number of teams in any particular tournament to prove the strength of a region. Could you please point out where I attacked Carr? Otherwise, one might conclude that it's actually someone else that is a little defensive. Laughing
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:46 am

d'Youville doesn't have a serious basketball program?? LOL

Just a reminder : Last year

Sr. Boys : ROPSSAA Champs, quarters at OFSAA
    Jr. Boys : ROPSSAA finalist
    Bantam Boys: ROPSSAA finalist

Sr. Girls: ROPSSAA finalist
    Jr. Girls: ROPSSAA teir 2 champs

oh and don't forget--> spring training, summer weekly games and camps, morning shootouts, and a basketball class
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:01 am

from my understanding it is the Peel region playoffs (girls) the same week as the Carr tournament. Many peel coaches, coach both girls and guys and this would be a conflict in schedule.
    *Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by *Baller Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:42 pm

[quote="gunta"][quote="*Baller"]dyouville is not in the tournament bounce[/quote]

Did Youville have their try outs or know what they doing.[/quote}
    You have it all wrong gunta
    dyouville doesnt not attend this tournament, for the last few years they never
    Dyouville has one of the best programs in ontario
    they have basketball sessions in the summer while schools are closed
    they currently have basketball in the morning before school
    Gunta you dont know what your sayin
    Do you noticed only one peel team in the tournament because ascension always goes
    the peel season starts later then the toronto region or pickering region
    why do you think no teams from peel is in the tournament
    Also dy has one of the best senior girls basketball team in the province
    they need gym time to practice and to play games
    Gunta make sure you get your facts straight
    Most schools in peel dont have teams ready now because its too early and the season doesnt start NOW!!
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:09 pm

I'm not really interested in responding to subjective criticisms but I did want to point out that there are three problems many Peel teams face if they try to start too early:

- many of the coaches also coach girls teams

- getting gym time can be very hard if a school is running a full compliment of fall sports

- many of the players are involved with a fall sport (especially football or volleyball) and most schools have a policy against players participating in a winter sport until their fall season is complete
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:15 pm

[quote="stevelogan92"][quote="gunta"][quote="*Baller"]dyouville is not in the tournament bounce[/quote]

That is a misinformed statement. Have you met Coach Zoff or heard of him. He lives and breathes basketball at DY. They have a Bantam, Junior and Senior team and are consistently competitive each year at all levels. One year he was listed as Head Coach for all three teams plus if im not mistaken he does senior girls aswell. DY's basketball "program" is top notch in the GTA if you ask me.[/quote]
    A good basketball program is not made up of one coach and yes i know coach Zoff is good, i was addressing the bantam team moving to juniors.
    But we have to wait and see what they do with the new juniors and if the program is good then go face the best teams in the GTA and stop hiding in the peel region.
    highflyer23
    Freshman

Post by highflyer23 Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:32 pm

[quote="gunta"][quote="stevelogan92"][quote="gunta"][quote="*Baller"]dyouville is not in the tournament bounce[/quote]

That is a misinformed statement. Have you met Coach Zoff or heard of him. He lives and breathes basketball at DY. They have a Bantam, Junior and Senior team and are consistently competitive each year at all levels. One year he was listed as Head Coach for all three teams plus if im not mistaken he does senior girls aswell. DY's basketball "program" is top notch in the GTA if you ask me.[/quote]
    A good basketball program is not made up of one coach and yes i know coach Zoff is good, i was addressing the bantam team moving to juniors.
    But we have to wait and see what they do with the new juniors and if the program is good then go face the best teams in the GTA and stop hiding in the peel region.[/quote]

thank you, thats what I'm saying!
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:50 pm

"stop hiding in the peel region"

D'Youville was in the Rimrocker, Hoop It Up, and the Welland Notre Dame tournament last year. I believe they also played in one or two other tournaments that draw from a wide variety of teams.
    SLICK
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-09-30

Post by SLICK Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:34 pm

whats the pool play?
    post it up
    theunknown2009
    Freshman

Number of posts : 282
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Post by theunknown2009 Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:26 pm

whats the date of this tournament
    Ballhard23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2009-01-19

Post by Ballhard23 Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:24 am

when are u gonna put the pools up???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 am