HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
Yung-Melo
ECU
6 posters

Christian Kabongo commits to East Carolina University

ECU
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-10-26

Christian Kabongo commits to East Carolina University Empty Christian Kabongo commits to East Carolina University

Post by ECU Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Notice you guys had talked about him in a previous thread.

http://eastcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1007111

Curious what you guys can tell us about this player.

Also we are expecting to sign a Canadian big man as well. I have heard both Renaldo Dixon and Jean-Paul Kambola have visited.
    Yung-Melo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2008-10-26

Christian Kabongo commits to East Carolina University Empty Re: Christian Kabongo commits to East Carolina University

Post by Yung-Melo Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:24 pm

alllie datt
    Toronto B-ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Christian Kabongo commits to East Carolina University Empty Re: Christian Kabongo commits to East Carolina University

Post by Toronto B-ball Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:35 pm

If Renaldo commits they will have two players that have been playing with each other for years on the same team {Renaldo and Christian Both grew up with each other}
    ECU
    Freshman

Post by ECU Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:43 pm

Toronto B-ball wrote:If Renaldo commits they will have two players that have been playing with each other for years on the same team {Renaldo and Christian Both grew up with each other}

They were both at the scrimage this week. What do you think the chances are they opt to play together?
    Toronto B-ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post by Toronto B-ball Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Well if they were in Toronto I could ask them but to bad there not I am going to talk to Renaldo and find out what his saying
    Toronto finest
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-09-14

Post by Toronto finest Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:06 pm

The Chances are high..both are very good friends...I wont be suprised @ all is I see them both in a ECU uni if the future! GO CANADA
    ECU
    Freshman

Post by ECU Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:09 am

Where does Kabongo rank in his class? Is he a top 10 Canadian player? Also anyone know if he can play point guard. I've seen him called a combo guard and even ranked by some server as a small foward.

Our coach seems to like 6-4 PG's & most of us were expecting to sign a true point guard with this scholorship, so it appears we might try to use him at point at least some. You guys think he has those kinds of skills?
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Post by zonekiller Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:15 am

[quote="ECU"]Where does Kabongo rank in his class? Is he a top 10 Canadian player? Also anyone know if he can play point guard. I've seen him called a combo guard and even ranked by some server as a small foward.

Our coach seems to like 6-4 PG's & most of us were expecting to sign a true point guard with this scholorship, so it appears we might try to use him at point at least some. Does he have those kinds of skills.[/quote]

you mean the coach doesnt know what his main positions and strengths are confused
    greenlight
    Freshman

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by greenlight Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:13 pm

yes kobango can definately play the pg spot.. he has tremendous distributin ability and excels in the open court where can find guys or take it all the way himself. IF coach mccarthy can take care of kabongo's bad attitude then u will have a very good player on your hands.
    ECU
    Freshman

Post by ECU Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:49 pm

zonekiller wrote:
    you mean the coach doesn’t know what his main positions and strengths are confused
    I'm sure the coach is very aware of his talents & recruited him with a certain position in mind. My question was because as fans we were expecting to sign a more traditional PG. There isn't a ton of info about Kabango out there & what Canadian rankings I had seen of him listed him as a small forward, which was not adding up.

greenlight wrote:yes kobango can definately play the pg spot.. he has tremendous distributin ability and excels in the open court where can find guys or take it all the way himself. IF coach mccarthy can take care of kabongo's bad attitude then u will have a very good player on your hands.
    Good news is McCarthy's been a head coach for 20 years, & coached Charles Barkley & TO (football player Terrell Owens who play college basketball for him). Couple of the biggest ego's in sports and he handled them so he should be able to reign this guy in.

Sounds kind of like Kabongo wasn't happy with the Nebraska or some of his other offers, enrolled in prep school but was ready to start his college career, then when we started recruiting him we told him he could come on in in January. Doubtful he plays this year but he could start practicing and redshirt and be well ahead for next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:25 pm