HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+14
wade4mvp
touchedouche
tart11
mummie334
Tila_Tequila
Toronto Matrix
T-Robinson
LockDownDefender
BALLAXAV
YoungBuckz
wcbasketball
dn15
DG-10
tb11
18 posters

East Region - Senior Tier 1

tb11
    Freshman

Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

East Region - Senior Tier 1 Empty East Region - Senior Tier 1

Post by tb11 Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:32 pm

These are the Toronto East teams in tier 1...Any predictions who is going to come out on top? I heard many teams made adjustments this year.

Current standings (WIN-LOSS)

1. Sir Wilfrid Laurier CI (10-0)
    2. West Hill CI (8-2)
    3. Stephen Leacock CI (7-3)
    4. David & Mary Thomson CI (6-4)
    5. Lester B Pearson CI (5-5)
    6. Sir Robert L Borden BTI (5-5)
    7. Birchmount Park CI (4-6)
    8. Cedarbrae CI (4-6)
    9. Woburn CI (4-6)
    10. Winston Churchill CI (2-Cool
    11. Sir Oliver Mowat CI (0-10)

Last edited by tb11 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)
    DG-10
    Freshman

Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2008-09-05

East Region - Senior Tier 1 Empty Re: East Region - Senior Tier 1

Post by DG-10 Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Laurier will most likely come out on top of this group....West Hill is looking really weak this year...
    dn15
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2009-11-21

Post by dn15 Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:01 pm

anything on birchmount, thomson and leacock?
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:57 am

I heard Thomson got a lot of big guys including a 6'7 grade 9 kid.
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Laurier only beat Churchill by two, 73-71...anyone know how this game went?

And Wade from Borden walked all over Cedarbrae and dropped 42 or something, i thought Cedarbrae was actually a decent team this year.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:25 am

[quote="tb11"]Laurier only beat Churchill by two, 73-71...anyone know how this game went?

And Wade from Borden walked all over Cedarbrae and dropped 42 or something, i thought Cedarbrae was actually a decent team this year.[/quote]
    This was a very entertaining game with a lot of run and gun basketball. Nobody led by more than 7 points at any point and time. We led by 5 points after 3 periods and 6 with five minutes left. Laurier went on a 13-0 run and led by 7 with 31 seconds left. We hit three free throws, stole the inbounds pass and hit the layup with 10 seconds left knocking the lead down to 2 points. We intentionally fouled and they hit both free throws. We came down the floor and knocked in a lay up with 2 seconds left. They didn't inbound the ball in after that and the clock ran out. Keimarr Jordan was our leading scorer with 26 points and 6 three pointers. Daniel Mullings led Laurier with 27 points and 5 dunks. He is the real deal. He is definitely one of the best players I have ever coached against. His defense is outstanding as many of his dunks came off of steals that he created. He also blocks a lot of shots. David Kamara played a great game for Laurier also with 20 points and some very clutch free throw shooting.
    I want to say that I am very proud of how my players played as we showed that we are much better than the 0-3 record indicates. We are certainly not happy with losing our third league game in a row but we proved that we are not a weak team at all. It has taken some time for my players to get used to me and my systems as a coach and it is starting to show. I think that Laurier may have taken us lightly based on us losing to Borden, who lost to Laurier by 46 points last week. I am certainly not boosting but I have full confidence in my team. I expect us to start to play up to our capabilities. If we don't start now, then the playoffs will be a pipe dream. We have 3 huge league games in the next week and a half against Birchmount Park, Woburn and West Hill.
    I expect Thomson to be one of the stronger teams in our league as they have won both their games quite handily so far. I believe that the other nine teams will beat each other up causing a lot of tie-breaker scenerios. Should be very interesting.

Coach Bobb
    Winston Churchill CI
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:30 am

[quote="dn15"]anything on birchmount, thomson and leacock?[/quote]
    Thomson looks strong and should finish in the top two during the regular season. They have both their games by a wide margin. Leacock is a fiesty team who plays hard. They are well coached and have some good shooters. They are very quick on defense. They absolutely handed us our lunch last week. They led all game and never let us get any momentum to try to crawl back in the game. They deserve full credit for the win. Leacock is very capable of beating anybody on any given day. They are the type of team you don't want to have a playoff matchup against.
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:34 am

Thanks coach. You guys played a great game and I am sure it would have been exciting to watch. Good luck in the season
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:38 am

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Woburn beat Thomson by 3. The league this year is very well balanced and I believe there will be a lot of tie-breakers at the end.
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:59 pm

[quote="wcbasketball"]Woburn beat Thomson by 3. The league this year is very well balanced and I believe there will be a lot of tie-breakers at the end.[/quote]

Are you sure? because Woburn lost to Pearson and Thomson Blew out Pearson...if so the east is going to be hectic in the standings this year.
    YoungBuckz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by YoungBuckz Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Wobrun is nice this year? Who they have? I heard they beat Westhill?
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:06 pm

They have this one guy named Jahlove...hes pretty good at getting to the basket but his shot still needs some work.
    And ya they did beat West Hill and Jahlove had about 32 points
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:19 pm

[quote="tb11"][quote="wcbasketball"]Woburn beat Thomson by 3. The league this year is very well balanced and I believe there will be a lot of tie-breakers at the end.[/quote]

Are you sure? because Woburn lost to Pearson and Thomson Blew out Pearson...if so the east is going to be hectic in the standings this year.[/quote]
    I'm positive because I was at the game. Thomson had a 10 point lead at one point and Woburn just kept plugging away. Woburn is a very fast team and Jahlove is their best player. The East will be very hectic this season.
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:43 pm

So coach how did the game end, as in the last 4-5 minutes
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:55 pm

Thomson was up by 1 with a minute left and looked to go into a stall mode. The guard from Woburn did a great job trapping the Thomson guard causing him to lose the ball. Lynch picked it up and dunked it for a one point lead. Thomson came down the floor, missed and then fouled. The rest of the points were on free throws. Good game I must admit.
    In other games, West Hill crushed Mowat by 29 points and Leacock beat Borden by 2. I have not heard anything regarding the Laurier-Cedarbrae game.
    tb11
    Freshman

Post by tb11 Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:01 am

I believe Laurier beat Cedarbrae by 15...they had a 35 point lead at once but Cedarbrae made a run to cut down the lead
    BALLAXAV
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2009-11-11

Post by BALLAXAV Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:28 pm

WOW

Last edited by BALLAXAV on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LockDownDefender
    Freshman

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-12-08

Post by LockDownDefender Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:19 pm

Hows the Birchmount team?
    T-Robinson
    T-Robinson
    Freshman

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-10-09

Post by T-Robinson Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:25 pm

From what I can see, I personally feel that alot teams take other teams and their opponents for granted. I already see it happening. Teams lose focus and they feel like the other teams is just going to hand over the W. For example West Hill lost to Woburn in there first regular season game. This wasn't expected. Everyone felt due to the past and history of West Hill's success that they were going to win. This is just an example. But What im trying to state is that nobody should sleep on their opponents. Because talk is cheap, so let your game and the score speak.
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:30 pm

We beat Birchmount Park in double overtime yesterday. Very controversial. We were up by 2 with 6 seconds left in regulation when we missed a free throw. The rebound bounced off of a Birchmount player who then picked it up, dribbled around one of my players, passed it to a player on the wing before center, who took two dribbles. We were then whistled for a foul. The problem was the scorekeeper didn't start the clock at all. There was still 6 seconds up when the call was made. The official said he counted 5 seconds thus giving Birchmount 2 free throws. Brendon Bissoondath calmly canned both to send it to overtime.
    We had the last shot to win it in the first overtime but didn't convert. We played solid defence as Birchmount was trying to come down and score after we took the lead in the second overtime and we prevented them from getting a shot off.
    I was not happy with the scorekeeping situation as there was no way that six seconds didn't go off. I know that the official had to keep time on the clock because they called a foul on my player. Things like this cannot happen in a crucial point and time in the game. I certainly would not have been pleased if we ended up losing in overtime. It is careless for the clock to not be started in a situation like this. I know they are students but it was a major factor in the game.
    Brendon Bissoondath is very good player who is very quick and plays strong defense. They are also led by Tylor Lafrance. They play a very quick run and gun game which really can catch you off guard. I want to congratulate them on a very entertaining game. They are certainly a team to be concerned with.
    It was a must win game for us as we could not afford to go 0-4, especially with teams beating each other up. We have two tough games next week on Monday (At Woburn) and Wednesday (At West Hill).
    I know that Leacock beat Borden by 2 points on Thursday but I do not have any score from the Laurier-Cedarbrae game. The league will be a logjam this year.
    LockDownDefender
    Freshman

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-12-08

Post by LockDownDefender Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:18 pm

scores from today?
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Post by wcbasketball Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:32 am

We lost to Woburn by 10 to fall to 1-4 in league play.
    Toronto Matrix
    Freshman

Number of posts : 83
    Registration date : 2009-05-24

Post by Toronto Matrix Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:22 am

Rumours are saying churchill forefitted the season is this true?
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by Tila_Tequila Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:57 pm

thats what i heard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:42 am