HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+8
yung_protege
t43
HooptownGTA
airCHINA
M.A.10
coachblue
Peel Fan
Xavier Rimrocker
12 posters

XAVIER LADY RIMROCKER: Scores and Standings

Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

XAVIER LADY RIMROCKER: Scores and Standings - Page 3 Empty Re: XAVIER LADY RIMROCKER: Scores and Standings

Post by Peel Fan Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:16 pm

There was some great basketball at Xavier on Friday; a lot of highly skilled teams and some exciting finishes.

d'Youville was easily the best team in the tournament but I would say that all 7 teams from the GTA that played on Friday deserve to be in the Hooptown rankings or as an honourable mention. I would also add Carmel and Richview as tams that missed the playoffs but still deserve an HM.

Asare and Hyde were the two best players on the court Friday but d'Youville and Aquinas had a more balanced attack and deeper benches and that's why they were the two finalists.

I noticed a couple of comments about referees but that sounds like a bunch of sour grapes. While no one is perfect, the refs did a very good job. Don't forget that most of them knew they were being evaluated that day (I saw the evaluators making lots of notes and then talking to some of them in the other gym) and so they were also trying their best. In my objective opinion, the best teams won each of the games on Friday.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

XAVIER LADY RIMROCKER: Scores and Standings - Page 3 Empty Re: XAVIER LADY RIMROCKER: Scores and Standings

Post by coachblue Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:15 am

Congrats to d'youville and all of the participants in the tournament.

I hope there is no doubt about Aquinas anymore. They are a top 10 team like I mentioned way back when.

Christine Hyde is the most complete player I have seen play in ROPSSAA this year.

The new top 10 will be very interesting...

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:17 am