HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+28
bigleagues
Alwaysthetruth
MarkY
rampaged
4realballer
Coach Mills
ballhard41
panathas
smoothflow
*Baller
southballer_15
DaMan07
baller-12
stevelogan92
whatupdawg
baller000
ballhard99
rvd1018
Peel Fan
bball272
steve.nash1
acie earl 55
Mr Bean
theunknown2009
basketball IQ
SHADOW BOXER
Coach Melnik
Coach Clement
32 posters

HooptownGTA's Super Sixteen Coaches Poll - Jan. 26

Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

HooptownGTA's Super Sixteen Coaches Poll - Jan. 26 Empty HooptownGTA's Super Sixteen Coaches Poll - Jan. 26

Post by Coach Clement Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Current /Team Name /Previous Poll in brackets

Points are 20 for a first place vote, 19 for a second etc.

Maximum for Today's Poll = 240 pts.

1 Pickering (2) 236 pts. (8 1st Place votes)
    2 Vaughan Secondary (3) 229 pts (3 1st Place votes)
    3 Father Henry Carr B (4) 217 pts. (1 1st Place vote)
    4 Downsview (5) 198 pts.
    5 West Hill (6) 185 pts.
    6 Ste Marguerite d’Youville (7) 145 pts
    7 Oakwood (9) 139 pts.
    8 Eastern Commerce 138 pts.
    9 Father Henry Carr A (1) 116 pts.
    10 Sandalwood (10) 115 pts.
    11 Fr. Goetz (11) 103 pts.
    12 St. Edmund Campion (16) 101 pts.
    13 Ascension (14) 100 pts.
    14 St. Michael’s College (12) 83 pts.
    15 Mother Teresa (13) 78 pts.
    16 Martingrove (HM) 65 pts.

Honourable Mention:
    Richview (50)
    St. Joseph’s (37)
    Pope John Paul II (36)
    Fletcher’s Meadow (20)

On the Radar:
    Jean Vanier (25)
    Holy Trinity ( 9)
    Father Redmond (6)
    Crawford - (5)
    Thistletown (1)
    Emery (1)

Number of coaches voting - 12

Last edited by Coach Clement on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:51 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

HooptownGTA's Super Sixteen Coaches Poll - Jan. 26 Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Super Sixteen Coaches Poll - Jan. 26

Post by Coach Clement Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:30 pm

I have sent details to Rick. Hopefully they will be posted.

If they can be either Rick or myself will post a link.
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370

HooptownGTA's Super Sixteen Coaches Poll - Jan. 26 Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Super Sixteen Coaches Poll - Jan. 26

Post by Coach Melnik Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:48 pm

I bet Coach Tony will be making mention of this in every pre-game from here on in...best of luck!
    SHADOW BOXER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2009-12-16

Post by SHADOW BOXER Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:08 pm

Melnik how the hell u beat me to this lmao this is the most retarded list ive ever seen in my life
    basketball IQ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2009-07-11

Post by basketball IQ Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Ok Father H Carr A - Rank 9
    No desrespect to any teams Coaches Players etc - beside Vaughan or Pickering and CarrB - did any team come close to defeating Carr A? I do not think so, how can we say that Carr A is ranked 9?
    This team is in the Top 3 definitely without doubt or question! But again the panel has voted in this case if we include Carr in the poles then they are a Top 3 no question if they are not then keep them out of the votings!
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Some coaches did not include them in the Top twenty teams so that had a very drastic effect on their ranking.

Other coaches placed them very close to the top because as basketball IQ points out no one would reasonably argue that they are anything lower Top Three with or without Josh Bell.

I simply tally the votes as they are cast! It is a consensus of the opinion of a number of coaches.

No other team ever received a single first place vote in any poll prior to this so I am certain all the participating coaches know just how talented they are!
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370

Post by Coach Melnik Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:22 pm

SHADOW BOXER...Melnik is quick ya know LOL...

This is a tough call. One cannot deny how talented and well coached this is team is, even in the absence of Josh Bell, who by the way, is doing wonderfully with the seniors.

If if were me, I wouldnt want to give this team any extra-motivation. The playoffs and GTA Championship will be very exciting to say the least.
    theunknown2009
    Freshman

Number of posts : 282
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Post by theunknown2009 Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

I cannot wait to see Henry Carr A play Pickering at Pickering's Gym on February 13th.
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Number of posts : 131
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Mr Bean Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Have the coaches in this poll actually had the chance to watch this team play? They are not a one-man team! Nothing against any individual player, but this really is a team. I would take this ridiculous ranking as a disrespect. Makes me remember what my old coach used to say, "Let sleeping dogs lie!"
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:23 pm

Melnik is quick ya know Shocked
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:38 pm

HELLO Coach M You are lucky to be ranked at all. YES YES we know the CARR A team is good (with or without that Grade 11 player), and yes they have a good shot of winning the GTA.....boooo hoooo hooooo who cares

It is nice to see that most coaches won't give you guys recognition after all that has happened.

Kudos to the panel of coaches....you got it right this time.
    bball272
    Freshman

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post by bball272 Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:42 pm

[quote="steve.nash1"]HELLO Coach M You are lucky to be ranked at all. YES YES we know the CARR A team is good (with or without that Grade 11 player), and yes they have a good shot of winning the GTA.....boooo hoooo hooooo who cares

It is nice to see that most coaches won't give you guys recognition after all that has happened.

Kudos to the panel of coaches....you got it right this time.[/quote]

What the hell are you saying? You said that they have a good shot of winning the GTA, but that they shouldn't be ranked? What? They are good but they shouldn't get recognition? All because of an error in the discrepency between the old OFSAA rules and the new ones? The coach of the team said that it was an honest mistake, and why would you think otherwise? I for one beleive him, and who the hell are you to say that hes lying? Sorry for being so rude but, your post is just ridiculous.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:46 pm

bball272 wrote:What the hell are you saying? You said that they have a good shot of winning the GTA, but that they shouldn't be ranked? What? They are good but they shouldn't get recognition? All because of an error in the discrepency between the old OFSAA rules and the new ones? The coach of the team said that it was an honest mistake, and why would you think otherwise? I for one beleive him, and who the hell are you to say that hes lying? Sorry for being so rude but, your post is just ridiculous.

I certainly believe it was an honest mistake but let's not play it up as something obscure or a recent change. The age rules were adjusted at the start of the 03-04 school year. It's the single most important eligibility rule for juniors and this is the 7th year it's been in effect.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by rvd1018 Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:19 pm

wow 5 peel teams in the top 16, 4 ranked right after each other...gonna be a good run for the title this year...
    ballhard99
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2009-12-15

Post by ballhard99 Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:28 pm

how come there are 5 peel teams and none of them are st. joes , ive been hearing that there on top of peel and that they are undifeated. Are they any good ?
    bball272
    Freshman

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post by bball272 Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:37 pm

[quote="Peel Fan"] I certainly believe it was an honest mistake but let's not play it up as something obscure or a recent change. The age rules were adjusted at the start of the 03-04 school year. It's the single most important eligibility rule for juniors and this is the 7th year it's been in effect.[/quote]

I was never trying to say it was a mistake likely to happen, and yes I do think that the coach was foolish to make this mistake. (No offense, your a good coach and all) But the thing is, the rankings should reflect them without Josh, and maybe they would drop a bit, but they are still definetly one of the best and the rankings should not have them in ninth place because of this unfortunate incident.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:38 pm

ballhard99 wrote:how come there are 5 peel teams and none of them are st. joes , ive been hearing that there on top of peel and that they are undifeated. Are they any good ?

I would call it the Rimrocker effect. It seems that, more than any other tournament, that is the one that defines the rankings for most people.

Obviously there are exceptions for programs that have a high profile in the GTA but for a team that has not made any noise whatsoever in the past decade, the lack of exposure hurts them.

I've seen them play and I think they are one of the 3 or 4 best teams in Peel but until the playoffs begin and they advance a few rounds, they are hurt by a low profile.

Last edited by Peel Fan on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    theunknown2009
    Freshman

Number of posts : 282
    Registration date : 2009-01-18

Post by theunknown2009 Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:38 pm

I don't think Carr A should be ranked 9th (to low) but I don't think they should be ranked higher then Vaughn, Carr B and Pickering for the time being. There team is good but who is to say that they can beat those three teams without Josh Bell
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:21 pm

All four of these teams are outstanding and they have established themselves at the top of the Junior standings.

In fact until this unfortunate incident for Henry Carr A they have held the top four spots in the standings in the Coaches Poll.

All four (Pickering, Vaughan, Carr B and Carr A) will be very serious contenders for the GTA Championship in March.

I'm sure Henry Carr A will quickly re-establish themselves as a co-favourite in the weeks ahead.
    baller000
    Freshman

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

Post by baller000 Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Carr a still the best team no doubt
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:26 pm

They are definitely top four and very possibly the best.

Do not disregard the other three they are good too.
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Post by whatupdawg Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:32 pm

wrd on d streetz...tyler is playin sr 4 car....ne truth....d peepz wannkno....
    ballhard99
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2009-12-15

Post by ballhard99 Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:37 pm

hes playing sr starting from now ?
    whatupdawg
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-01-12

Post by whatupdawg Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:50 pm

bow wow wow....if tyler iz playin' srz...cn e pla in d gtaz champs turny?? d peepz wannkno...
    baller000
    Freshman

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

Post by baller000 Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Tyler is not playing senior

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:30 am