HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
coachblue
HooptownGTA
6 posters

HooptownGTA's Top Ten Rankings - released Oct 6

HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5447
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

HooptownGTA's Top Ten Rankings - released Oct 6 Empty HooptownGTA's Top Ten Rankings - released Oct 6

Post by HooptownGTA Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:13 am

HooptownGTA's Top Ten Rankings - released October 6

1. d'Youville
    2. Eastern Commerce
    3. Notre Dame (Ajax)
    4. Thompson
    5. Dunbarton
    6. Ascension
    7. Pope John Paul II
    8. Michael Power
    9. Etobicoke
    10. Campion

HM: Pine Ridge, Pickering, Mount Carmel, Father Goetz, Sinclair, Eastdale, Northern, Dennison, Markham, Jarvis

Check the site for more details.

Last edited by HooptownGTA on Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

HooptownGTA's Top Ten Rankings - released Oct 6 Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Top Ten Rankings - released Oct 6

Post by coachblue Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:45 am

Watch out for Aquinas!!!
    Eagle1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2008-09-27

HooptownGTA's Top Ten Rankings - released Oct 6 Empty Re: HooptownGTA's Top Ten Rankings - released Oct 6

Post by Eagle1 Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:46 pm

Ascension 51 St. Thomas Aquinas 48

St. Thomas Aquinas is definitely top 10 having watched them today. Got off to a great start taking an 8-0 lead but Ascension took a half time lead and held on with their star Christine Hyde in foul trouble most of the game.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:02 pm

I warned you!!
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:27 pm

Austin defeated Sinclair in a league game on Wednesday.
    da mosth8ed
    Freshman

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by da mosth8ed Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:33 pm

Ascension could have blown this game open whenever they wanted to. Christine Hyde was hurt and still battled through the pain. Personally have seen Aquinas and Ascensions games this season, i think that was Aquinas best game and Ascension worst by far!!! and Ascension still pulled out the win. Both great teams, but Ascension proved they are second best in peel behind DY.
    Eagle1
    Freshman

Post by Eagle1 Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:40 pm

da mosth8ed - I don't think you are giving Aquinas enough credit.

Yes, Christine did play with an injured knee but she did play and score 20 points. Ascension I think has the potential to be better but to say they could have blown it open if they wanted is a stretch. It's not like they had a huge lead and let up - it was close most of the way. We will see how the Rimrocker goes! Having seen most almost all of the Peel contenders play I would say at this point a fair rank would be:

1) D'youville
    2) Ascension
    3) Aquinas
    4) Applewood
    5) Mt. Carmel
    6) Campion
    7) Cardinal Leger
    8 Xavier
    9) Father Goetz
    10) Notre Dame
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:17 pm

Pine Ridge 64 (Whitney Ellenor 20) - #5 Dunbarton 40 (Simone Thomas 15)
    #1Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by #1Baller Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:56 am

Hands down with a bad knee Christine Hyde is still unstopable, she can take you in the most and out smart you with her post mmoves, or she can take u to the perimeter light it up or beat you easily off the dribble. Watching the sheridan cup no one on D'youville was able to stop her, simone murry game mvp couldnt even stop her. I honestly belive mvp should have went to Christine Hyde all though she was on the losing team, she had by far a better game than everyone on both teams. Amazing player!
    da mosth8ed
    Freshman

Post by da mosth8ed Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:18 am

Basketball

Last edited by da mosth8ed on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Eagle1
    Freshman

Post by Eagle1 Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:13 pm

damosth8ed,

Brainless remarks? I said Christine scored 20 with an injured knee! Sounds like a compliment to me! It is you who sounds brainless.

Truth is, the team had to battle to win that game and Aquinas deserves respect for going into our gym and playing us tough. I give credit where it is due. And BTW anyone who knows me, KNOWS that I am the one of Christine's biggest supporters. Ask her yourself.

Coach M
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:13 pm

October 14th: Richview 45 (Daina Simkus 11) - Etobicoke 43 (Alana Stewart 14)
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:26 pm

Friday October 10th: St. Thomas Aquinas (Brampton) 56 - Notre Dame (Brampton) 20 in an exhibition game.
    da mosth8ed
    Freshman

Post by da mosth8ed Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Basketball

Last edited by da mosth8ed on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Eagle1
    Freshman

Post by Eagle1 Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:03 pm

After some contemplation, I have decided to remove my previous comments. I will speak to you personally. Although I am still shocked that you would attack me, I will take the lead and put in the past considering your close connections to basketball in my school with the both the girls' and boys' team.

Last edited by Eagle1 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:25 pm

saw Christine play today...she is a very good player...I can see how Aquinas would give them a good game...the teams are similar in many ways...Ascension does not seem as if they are as deep as Aquinas but Aquinas does not have the indomitable star power of Michelle and Christine....

hope you two figure out all that rubbish y'all are airing in public...should keep all that private and not broadcast...especially since y'all seem like u kno each other...
    da mosth8ed
    Freshman

Post by da mosth8ed Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Basketball

Last edited by da mosth8ed on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:59 pm

[quote="coachblue"]hope you two figure out all that rubbish y'all are airing in public...should keep all that private and not broadcast...especially since y'all seem like u kno each other...[/quote]

Let's not equate the two. One is a very respected GTA coach who has devoted thousands of hours to a successful and respected high school basketball program. While he may use a pseudonym on the board, his identity is known to anyone with even a modicum of bball knowledge.

The other is an anonymous poster who has decided to twist some supportive words posted by the coach into something they aren't and then use that as the starting point for unfair and unfounded accusations.

The fact that he is human and, like most of us, can't let an unprovoked attack go unanswered is understandable. However, if he decides to let his attacker rant away and ignore further posts, he would never-the-less win this debate in the minds of post Hooptown readers.
    da mosth8ed
    Freshman

Post by da mosth8ed Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:32 am

Basketball

Last edited by da mosth8ed on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:31 am

October 15th: Aurora 52 (Lauren Ebenhardt 12) - Denison 50 (Kayla Pangos 21)
    Eagle1
    Freshman

Post by Eagle1 Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:06 am

I have taken Coach Blue's advice. I have removed my previous comments. Despite the twisting of my words and an unprovoked attempt to tarnish my reputation, I will take the high road.

Let's get back to girls' basketball.

Coach M
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:17 am

Pine Ridge 43 - Sinclair 37
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:19 am

Thanks PeelFan..though I do not know who Eagle1 is and I hope I have a little more than a "modicum of basketball knowledge"!! (jus jokin)

It is hard when you are a coach trying to give your opinions on here because you want to be honest but at the same time you do not want to offend anyone.

I have been attacked before too on Hooptown but like PeelFan said the only way you can win is by stating the facts and moving on
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:30 pm

October 16th:
    Campion 41 (Eulleasha Thompson 11) - Pope John Paul II 40 (Candice Magdaluyo 11)
    St. Thomas Aquinas (Brampton) 46 (Kayla Barrett 20) - Pine Ridge 42 (Melissa Conroy 14)
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:21 pm

Pickering 51 (Teanna Rowe 22) - Eastdale 33 (Kendra Seto 14)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:59 pm