HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+6
wcbasketball
BBALLKID
durhamobserver
t43
rerun
Ballhead
10 posters

Best Female Ballers in the Durham Region.

Ballhead
    Freshman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Best Female Ballers in the Durham Region. Empty Best Female Ballers in the Durham Region.

Post by Ballhead Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:03 am

I want to know who you think the best female ballers are in the Durham region.
    In my opinon:

No particular order:

-Lindsy- Notre Dame (Ajax) Hardworking and diligent player.

-Nicole- Notre Dame (Ajax) Outstanding rebounder and team player

-Mariah Nunes- All saints (Whitby) Started playing senior in Grade Nine she's on the come up

-Alecia Aboraa- Ajax High School (Ajax) She's a solid consistant player seems as though even though her team doesn't do well they have fun on the court. Amazing all around athlete Track star.

-Adriana Allen- Pickering High School (Ajax) Outstanding point gaurd.

-Wumi- Dunbarton (Pickering) The team. She helps lead Dunbarton to their Victories

* I based my findings on watching many durham girl basketball games and observing all players equally these are the ones who stood out in my mind and on the score sheets*
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Best Female Ballers in the Durham Region. Empty Re: Best Female Ballers in the Durham Region.

Post by rerun Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:35 am

The little point guard on Pickering High is nice....I don't know her name.
    Whitney Ellenore from Pine Ridge has to be on the list...she's verbally committed to Cansuis College in New York and is generally regarded as one of the best female players in the GTA. Also, her Kim Dixon from Pine Ridge too! Also Simone Thomas from Dunbarton has to be there as well.
    Ballhead
    Freshman

Best Female Ballers in the Durham Region. Empty Re: Best Female Ballers in the Durham Region.

Post by Ballhead Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:21 pm

Whitney is a fair player,
    she lacks game knowlege though.
    her height is her biggest advantage. Her vertical is also decent.
    Being a post player when i compare her game to other female basketball players who also play her postion in and outside of the Durham region like:

Renelle Richmond (Thomson)

Nicole (Notre Dame)

and other post player extrodinaires.

She lacks.
    t43
    Freshman

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by t43 Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:46 pm

I would have to disagree. Whitney is a great player who works hard in the gym and trains between 4-5 nights a week. There are other talented girls as well including Simone Thomas from Dunbarton who I thought was very competitive. I also
    Also, for the record, the point guard that you speak of from Pine Ridge...is Michelle Dixon, not Kim, unless you are referring to Kim West:)Smile Michelle is a player that never quits. She does things on the court that blow peoples minds, because she is so little, but so competitive. Kim West is also very talented.
    durhamobserver
    Freshman

Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post by durhamobserver Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Wumi from Dunbarton is up there also, shes a very talented versatile player. Probably the most recruited player out of Durham region in awhile.
    BBALLKID
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2

Post by BBALLKID Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:23 pm

Catherine B from ND is a pretty good PG.....
    Smile she sees the floor well!
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:47 pm

[quote="Ballhead"]Whitney is a fair player,
    she lacks game knowlege though.
    her height is her biggest advantage. Her vertical is also decent.
    Being a post player when i compare her game to other female basketball players who also play her postion in and outside of the Durham region like:

Renelle Richmond (Thomson)

Nicole (Notre Dame)

and other post player extrodinaires.

She lacks.[/quote]

A FAIR player doesn't get a US schloarship. I have personally seen her play and she is very impressive. A very good player and a leader on the floor. She has very good game knowledge. I don't know where you see the trait of her lacking in that capacity.
    Ballhead
    Freshman

Post by Ballhead Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:33 pm

No I disagree,
    I say she is a fair player. There is no doubt that she is talented.
    She has skill. She drives well, but her attitude on the court isn't plesent. From games i have personally witnessed she has most of what she needs there but lacks proper basketball attitude and mentality this turned me off towards her as a player.

It is impressive that she has a scholarship which no doubt came from hardwork and determination, But at the same time like i have previously said put her against a dominating post player like Renelle Richmond from Thompson and i don't think she will be the shining star that she is against some of the less experienced durham teams.

For example ive seen her play a few games, one against Ajax high school (a school that is definatley not known for their basketball) she cleaned up. She went to work i believe she racked up close to 35 points but in a game with a school that is known for their ball she lacks some game knowlege.

This isnt a personal attack on her i think she is a great basketball player a very talented young woman, but in comarison with other well known female basketball players in her age group she falls short of "AMAZING"

Last edited by Ballhead on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    t43
    Freshman

Number of posts : 159
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by t43 Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Ummmm....ballhead do you know which player you are talking about? The player that scored 37 opints againt Ajax High was Kim West not Whitney Ellenor. In fact Whitney Ellenor only had 8 pts in that game. Also when Pine Ridge played Dunbarton, who indeed is a great team from Durham - they have been ranked all season long - Whitney went to work on that team and the final score was 64-40. I think you should check your facts a little better next time before making public posts.

Looking forward to the playoffs where there should be some great match-ups!!!Basketball in Durham is getting very exciting.
    swift911
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by swift911 Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:03 pm

Whitney is certainly an outstanding player and I am not surprised that she has a scholarship opportunity.
    yung_protege
    yung_protege
    Freshman

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2008-10-15

Post by yung_protege Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Wumi from Dunbart and Adrianna Allen
    Nicole from ajax is an obvious
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:24 pm

I'm surprised that people haven't mentioned Kendra Seto on Eastdale. She is skilled, well conditioned and plays hard on both ends of the floor. You definitely have to put her in the conversation. She's good!!!
    CoachBobTTT
    CoachBobTTT
    Freshman

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2008-09-14

Post by CoachBobTTT Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:03 am

No one has mentioned Teanna Rowe (PG) Pickering HS. This Gr.10 player is the point for Pickering not Adriana. She can dominate taking you off the dribble or out on the 3pt line. Her strengths are her "lockdown D" from baseline to baseline and her ability to find her teammates after penetrating the paint. Just competed in Scottie's "A" Game Scouting Tournament at Centennial and placed Teanna on my squad to run the point against the TOP players across the GTA, Montreal, Ottawa and surrounding areas (Hamilton, Burlington, Niagara, London and Windsor) - one would not know that she was only in grade 10. Drew plenty of attention from the attending D1 scouts. Watch for her at the end of the month in the Centennial tournament when all the Top teams from Durham, T.O and Peel face-off. This should be a great determining factor for who is ultimately the #1 team overall and where Teanna ranks against the best. Basketball
    hoopsdreaming13
    Freshman

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2008-10-19

Post by hoopsdreaming13 Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:16 am

Curious . . . what top players were there from Niagara, Burlington and Hamilton? I didn't hear of any kids from down this way competing in this game.
    CoachBobTTT
    CoachBobTTT
    Freshman

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2008-09-14

Post by CoachBobTTT Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:59 am

Players either submitted their names to be placed on a team as an individual or the OBA/AAU Rep coaches brought their respective teams and then took add-ons from those coming on their own. KW Lighting, Bless Sacrament, Windsor Val, Ottawa Shock, Ottawa Shooting Stars, Advantage, Triple Threat, Sultans, Sarnia, Niagara Thunder (now folded) just to name a few. I do not have a list of who showed up but I do recognize faces of players we have competed against. Hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm