HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+9
thechosenballer
bronbron23
i love ball
HollaBalla1
acie earl 55
kidlebron23
stevelogan92
zonekiller
gator01
13 posters

Pangos Senior Mens National Team ridiculous

gator01
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-27

Pangos Senior Mens National Team ridiculous Empty Pangos Senior Mens National Team ridiculous

Post by gator01 Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Last edited by gator01 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

Pangos Senior Mens National Team ridiculous Empty Re: Pangos Senior Mens National Team ridiculous

Post by zonekiller Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Gator, b4 u get all ur nickers ina knot pangos did not get picked over cj; tt mk. its f*****g morons like u that fuel the fire to something that shouldnt b. all those other cats are on the national team radar and have been spoken to. some of those guys actually went to the workouts etc. their scheds could not accoma=odate them playing 4 the nats last summer. this may change for this summer.

its simple minded idiots like urself who are ill-informed that makes me sick. when all those cats are willing to train and play for the nats. it just so happens that pangos is a local kid who can train with the nats.

gator, lay off the jack; head back to the gym and put in ssome extra reps bra!!!!!
    gator01
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-27

Pangos Senior Mens National Team ridiculous Empty Re: Pangos Senior Mens National Team ridiculous

Post by gator01 Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:05 pm

Last edited by gator01 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:37 am

gator,

You talk like Tristan and Cory were not talented players here in Canada. When they left they both were playin senior as junior aged players and contributing big time. Both of them started on D'Y and Pickering. They both would be recognized wether they stayed in Canada or left for the US.
    kidlebron23
    kidlebron23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2008-08-28

Post by kidlebron23 Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Gator,

First of all, Pangos did not play with them. He was practicing with the National Team. Cory and Tristan both played with the junior national team last summer along with the other many events they had going for them. This is such a stupid post. He will be playing along side Cory and Tristan with our national team in a few years so relax. Shut up with nonsense like this. People like you are roadblocks to our progression as a country is basketball, too many critics instead of people actually trying to help the game. Go make yourself useful and do something constructive.
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:42 pm

To quote Leo - “Kevin is every bit as good as (fellow point guards) Kabongo and Cory,” Rautins said. “Staying here hasn’t hurt him. We took him to Italy with the senior team (last summer).”

Remember guys, there's two years difference between where Pangos is now and where the other two are. If I recall correctly, Junior Cadougan also got some training time with the Men's Senior team when he was 16 too.
    HollaBalla1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 85
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by HollaBalla1 Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:58 pm

ripped.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:25 pm

leo rautins is a joke.....to say that he is every bit as good is just dumb.......i really like kevin pangos' game but c'mon
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by bronbron23 Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:31 pm

yeah they gotta change the face of Canadian basketball or else were not going anywhere, ever since nash left, this team has been going downhill
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:49 pm

It's not just Nash - it's the system. If you watch the Seniors play, it's not good team ball. Lots of problems with role definition and players wanting to get "noticed" - especially the guards and undersized forwards. It's clear that the team hasn't grown up together and doesn't really care to mesh. The current group that's playing together through the U17 and AAU circuit MAY be the group that starts to compete. Between the greater number of competitions they are playing together combined with higher level competition at the High School level through Prep and AAU, they have the opportunity to show if the last five year exodus down south has developed the elite players.

Give it five years (and a new head coach) and we'll see what happens.
    thechosenballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Post by thechosenballer Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:50 am

yall should aplogize for being wrong he played in the game against itlay

http://basketballbuzz.ca/high-school/top-prospect-kevin-pangos-being-recruited-by-syracuse-orangemen/
    thechosenballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Post by thechosenballer Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:50 am

"A lot of kids go to prep schools, but there are good stories and bad stories," said Pangos, who was watched by several college scouts at OFSAA yesterday, including one from Syracuse University, currently ranked third in the NCAA.

Getting on the court with the national team at 16, of course, is no small feat, especially when you consider who put him in.

"He actually became the youngest ever (and) took the title from me," Canada coach Leo Rautins, who was a year older than Pangos when he first played, said in an e-mail. "And yes, I thought about it before I put him in the game."

Once in, Pangos found himself on the court with a guy he's watched on television more than a few times -- former NBA first overall pick Andrea Bargnani, a seven-foot centre with the Toronto Raptors.
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by knowthegame Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:37 am

I think it seems we all agree that we have a lot of young talent. When we throw all these names in a melting pot, get them playing with each other over the next few years, only then will we be able to tell. It is also obvious that the coaching situation needs to change, and hopefully the players, can voice it more than us fans. He, Leo is actually an asset to Canadian basketball, just not where he is presently. I personally get excited seeing Myck Kabongo, Corey Joseph, Tristan Thompson, Dwight Powell, Andrew Nicholson, Rob Sacre, Kevin Pangos, Andrew Wiggins, Kris Joseph, Devoe Joseph, Andy Rautins, Joel Anthony, Kelly Olynk and Olu Ashalou. A few veterans like Rautins and Anthony to help the youngins gel. A solid caoching staff mixed with experienced coaches with Intl(pro), U.S(NCAA or NBA)and CIS experience who can see eye to eye with the goals, but don't let their egos get in the way if there does become conflicting issues amongst the growth and development of the teams.
    kidlebron23
    kidlebron23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2008-08-28

Post by kidlebron23 Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:14 pm

Wow so he actually played, my apologies gator01, when I read the story i thought that he was there just practicing and seeing how things are overseas.
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:22 pm

"I personally get excited seeing Myck Kabongo, Corey Joseph, Tristan Thompson, Dwight Powell, Andrew Nicholson, Rob Sacre, Kevin Pangos, Andrew Wiggins, Kris Joseph, Devoe Joseph, Andy Rautins, Joel Anthony, Kelly Olynk and Olu Ashalou."

You are forgetting one of the biggest names down south right now, Anthony Bennett, he is getting major ratings still.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:50 am

what about maurice walker, surely he will play center for canada at some point, no ?? havent heard much about him this year, any news ?
    observernba
    Freshman

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2010-03-08

Post by observernba Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:39 am

One of the problems with Canada Basketball is that "for the most part" the teams are pre-selected at all levels and any sort of try-outs are just a sham. I read an article a little while ago that said "Pangos will be the starting point guard in Germany for the Cadet team". Wait a second! How has he already been proclaimed as the starting point guard before any try outs have happened? I'll tell you how. It's already a done deal.

They might be looking for somebody to fill a couple of bench spots to be practice dummies for their stars, but your chance of making the starting line up by simply performing well in try-outs is close to zero. Unless you're the next Kobe and we don't know about you yet I doubt you'll get substantial minutes.

If you want to get the BEST kids playing on these teams, then I think the player selection process MUST change. For OBA or AUU teams I understand that the coach picks his team. However, for a national team (at any level) I think that the players should be selected by a panel of 5 or 6 coaches from around the league. Each coach votes on the kid he likes best in each position. The kid with the most votes gets the spot. Just because you were the starter last year won't mean a thing.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by Coach Clement Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:28 am

i love ball wrote:what about maurice walker, surely he will play center for canada at some point, no ?? havent heard much about him this year, any news ?

Maurice has had a good year at Brewster. He is ranked around 8 or 9 in the centers for 2010. There are some clips on the Prep Board.

He has yet to sign but is much sought after as the best available big.

He is rumoured to be leaning towards Jamie Dixon and Pitt but there has also been interest from Kansas, Georgetown, Texas A and M and more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:41 am