HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+11
Tila_Tequila
Public Enemy #1
Uniden
pau gasol123
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
knowthegame
i love ball
bronbron23
Coach Clement
Ronson
rerun
15 posters

Mcdonald's All American Game this Wednesday on the Score!

rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Mcdonald's All American Game this Wednesday on the Score! Empty Mcdonald's All American Game this Wednesday on the Score!

Post by rerun Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:59 pm

The Mcdonald's All American high school game will have a little more significance this year now that we have Canadians playing in the game. Tristan Thompson and Corey Joseph will get to showcase their talents to an North American audience. The game is on Wednesday March 31 on the Score sports channel. It starts at 8pm.
    Ronson
    Freshman

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Mcdonald's All American Game this Wednesday on the Score! Empty Re: Mcdonald's All American Game this Wednesday on the Score!

Post by Ronson Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 am

Love the fact that the score is airing this game! The Score has basketball on lock!
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Mcdonald's All American Game this Wednesday on the Score! Empty Re: Mcdonald's All American Game this Wednesday on the Score!

Post by Coach Clement Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:47 am

This is huge for basketball in Canada.

Kudos to theScore for doing this! cheers
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by bronbron23 Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:57 pm

anyone have the rosters for the matchup?
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:21 pm

google does
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:29 pm

East

C.J. Leslie – Undecided
    Reggie Bullock – North Carolina
    Tobias Harris – Tennessee
    Kyrie Irving – Duke
    Perry Jones – Baylor
    Kendall Marshall – North Carolina
    Joe Jackson – Memphis
    Jelan Kendrick – Memphis
    JayVaughn Pinkston – Villanova
    Josh Selby – Undecided
    Jared Sullinger – Ohio State
    DeShaun Thomas – Ohio State

West

Terrence Jones – Undecided
    Harrison Barnes – North Carolina
    Fab Melo – Syracuse
    Doron Lamb – Undecided
    Ray McCallum – Undecided
    Keith Appling – Michigan State
    Brandon Knight – Undecided
    Josh Smith – UCLA
    Jereme Richmond – Illinois
    Patrick Young – Florida
    Tristan Thompson – Texas
    Cory Joseph – Undecided
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Number of posts : 1123
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post by knowthegame Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:42 pm

This is HUGE!!!! Finally, the networks and media are seeing how this sport is evolving in Canada!
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Looks like North Carolina could be getting back on track next year with 3 All Americans. Will the dunk off also be televised?
    pau gasol123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 276
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by pau gasol123 Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:41 pm

gudd luck to both teams and corey and tristan lets do some work.
    Uniden
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2010-03-29

Post by Uniden Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:07 pm

any word on where cory gonna go?
    i love ball
    Freshman

Post by i love ball Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:10 pm

UCONN, UNLV, Kentucky or MINNESOTA i believe
    bronbron23
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 378
    Registration date : 2008-08-18

Post by bronbron23 Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:40 pm

[quote="i love ball"]UCONN, UNLV, Kentucky or MINNESOTA i believe[/quote]

uconn, UNLV, Minnesota, Texas
    Public Enemy #1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2009-06-10

Post by Public Enemy #1 Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:17 am

x

Last edited by Public Enemy #1 on Tue May 18, 2010 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tila_Tequila
    Freshman

Number of posts : 280

Post by Tila_Tequila Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:26 pm

Minnesota, Villanova, UConn and UNLV.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:23 pm

What would be the best situation for him? Where would he be able to start off the bat?

Texas already has Avery and a Freshman pg there already. Plus Myck coming in.Would Cory take over the pg and welcome all that competition?

UConn has Kemba Walker he will prolly stay. Is Cory good enough to take minutes away from Walker?

Ketucky might be a good fit. Wall is pretty much a lock for this years draft. Calipari gives his PG alot of freedom. But what if Bledsoe stays and takes the point.

Minnesota has Nolan and his brother Devoe. Is he willing to go there and cut his brothers minutes. Will he play over Nolan? Is Tubby going to be there next year?

Im basing this all on the assumption that Cory does not want to get limited minutes his first year. He wants to come in and contribute.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Cory is likely not looking at it from the perspective of playing time, rather long term development. If he goes to Kentucky and sat behind Bledsoe Id see no problem with that because hed be learning alot from a talented player in Bledsoe, as well as a lot from coach Calipari. Then again Cory is an All American so I dont really see him coming off the bench no matter where he goes.
    greenlight
    Freshman

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by greenlight Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:44 am

tristan should of stayed out of the dunk contest. Don't know what he was thinking participating in it lol. Definately doesn't have the ups to hang with the big boys. Cj Leslie dissapointed me too. Definately didnt show off the type of hops I seen from him last summer
    i love ball
    Freshman

Post by i love ball Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:13 pm

tristan could also be heard swearing during the dunk contest, dont think he shows quite the maturity that cory does
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Solid games by both Cory and Tristan.

Two comments during the telecast!

Cory is from "Pickerington".

His father David coached Jamaal Magloire at "Eastern Commerce College". lol!

I also remember someone saying they were from Ontario, Canada. Typical American ign---nah I won't say that! At least Cory and Tristan have opened some eyes down there!
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Post by knowthegame Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:13 pm

In my opinion the boys held their own and it was even more noticeable to start the second half. The line up with Corey and Tristan brought the intensity on both ends of the floor, causing the West to take the lead and not look back. Even in the last few minutes of play when Sullinger led the East squad on a run, it was time to put CJ and TT back in the game and give the West security defensively, taking the win with a big shot by the top guard in the country Brandon Wright! Good job boys. All though you didn't stuff the stat sheets and minutes were somewhat of an issue...you were on the floor when it counted! Securing a successful McDonald's All American game victory!
    ballhard41
    Freshman

Number of posts : 297
    Registration date : 2009-11-13

Post by ballhard41 Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:50 pm

i watcehd the game and altho corys shot wasnt goin down i thought his defence was very good and unlike some of the other pg he wasnt jus dashin up shots and evrytime him nd tristan went into the game the west took the lead
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Playing PG is about a lot more than scoring.

I believe he had 14 which is good but the other aspects of his game(leadership, ball distribution, presence on the floor. etc.) were very strong.

Cory clearly belongs at that level (and the next!). Tristan was very good as well!
    Bryant24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-03-13

Post by Bryant24 Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:04 am

[quote="Coach Clement"]Playing PG is about a lot more than scoring.

I believe he had 14 which is good but the other aspects of his game(leadership, ball distribution, presence on the floor. etc.) were very strong.

Cory clearly belongs at that level (and the next!). Tristan was very good as well![/quote]

Cory had 2 pts, 2 rebs and 2 stls. Tristan had 8 pts and 5 rebs. I just checked the stats.
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Post by Coach Clement Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:25 am

Bryant24 wrote:
    Coach Clement wrote:Playing PG is about a lot more than scoring.

Cory clearly belongs at that level (and the next!). Tristan was very good as well!

Cory had 2 pts, 2 rebs and 2 stls. Tristan had 8 pts and 5 rebs. I just checked the stats.

That sounds more in line with what I saw. It was a report on theFan that stated Cory had 14 and Tristan had 18 but that must have been an error.

I wasn't sure because I was back and forth with the Raptor game. Embarassed

Regardless Cory definitely played well and Tristan was solid.
    knowthegame
    knowthegame
    Senior

Post by knowthegame Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:42 am

Do remember that Cory and Tristan did have to jump on a flight after the game to join their team, Findlay Prep in Indianapolis where they have been playing all week to defend their National Title at the National Prep Championships! I'm pretty sure that also had a lot to do with the time they recieved in the McDonald's game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:16 pm