HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+5
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
sba123
stevelogan92
coachblue
kobee24
9 posters

Justin Edwards 2010/11 highlights!#1 combo guard in 2011

kobee24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Justin Edwards 2010/11 highlights!#1 combo guard in 2011 Empty Justin Edwards 2010/11 highlights!#1 combo guard in 2011

Post by kobee24 Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNm5XBl7NXc

This guy is what I call talent and has a chance to go many places with basketball, he already has numerous D1 looks from down south and he is tearing up Ontario basketball this year, he plays for whitby wildcats so watch out for him on this years OBA season... where we'll get to see him compete against stronger and better competition. CHECK THIS GUY OUT!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNm5XBl7NXc
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Justin Edwards 2010/11 highlights!#1 combo guard in 2011 Empty Re: Justin Edwards 2010/11 highlights!#1 combo guard in 2011

Post by coachblue Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:20 am

mr kobee24: who else would you consider to be elite talent in the gta/ontario? (i definitely agree with justin--i am very sure he has his d1 offer and is close to signing)
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Justin Edwards 2010/11 highlights!#1 combo guard in 2011 Empty Re: Justin Edwards 2010/11 highlights!#1 combo guard in 2011

Post by stevelogan92 Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:20 pm

He is a great player.

Question. Is Anderson playing a junior team in the first wave of highlights?
    sba123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-02-10

Post by sba123 Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:58 pm

lol that team is a senior team, they are in andersons lossa region theyare from bomanville i messaged him asking the same thing!
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 pm

coachblue wrote:mr kobee24: who else would you consider to be elite talent in the gta/ontario? (i definitely agree with justin--i am very sure he has his d1 offer and is close to signing)

Dyshawn Pierre given that he starts to work more on ( which Im sure he is day in and day out ) his ball handling and 3 point shot, is another person I label as talented

Kevin Pangos ofcourse is another very talented player who will go far, ( needs some more strength - he really really needs to pack on some muscle and then he ll be LEGIT AT THE NEXT LEVEL!)

Duane Notice ofcourse, he still needs to sharpen up on his three point range - but he is dangerous!

Andrew Wiggins!
    and that's about it in my books to answer your question as " ELITE TALENT" in the GTA.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:33 pm

So Kobee24 what you are telling me is that NOBODY on J Clarke fits your category of elite talent? Not even Aaron Redpath who was invited to Team Canada training, or Leon Redpath who was on the All-Toronto team last year. Do you even watch high school ball or did you just pick the same names that you hear on the site all the time?
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:27 am

no offence to Redpath - but he signed to McMaster ..........
    he's a good player and all buuuut unfortunately cuzz, CIS is just not where its at for me -- and no I've actually seen all of dem play and theres a reason why the names i mentionned above are ALLL soon to be playing NCAA D1 BASKETBALL! why isnt he going down south? where the real ballers at, and leon LOL pleasee we both know at the next level he's next to useless at this rate, he needs serious work on his game and must TRANSITION into a guard to make it anywhere after highschool.... unlesss ofcourse.... he decides to play in the CIS.. pffft ahahha

if you have a prob with what Im saying... then LMFAO!... thats your problem. Smile
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:51 am

So if lebron chose to play CIS would that make him any less of a player? Check Aaron's recruitment he had enough looks down south. And as for leon you can say what you want about his game, when you become a GTA all star come back to me, of course you never will because your just some no name kid talking smack on a computer. You can focus on what leon can't do but at the end of the day its what he CAN do. They focused on what Kevin Love couldn't do, right now he's the number one player in the NBA right now in efficiency. Same can be said for Rondo. You can always find negatives to a players game but at the end of the day its what they can do for you in a team game.
    Jello
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2010-11-12

Post by Jello Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:42 am

NEVAQUITNEVALOSE, it's already been established that kobe24 is a complete idiot. Don't waste time arguing with ignorance.
    Jax23
    Freshman

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2010-02-04

Post by Jax23 Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:04 am

Hey we can all see what's what.
    Aaron Redpath is gonna be my grandson's medical doctor.
    The student said in his interviews that he is interested in the school not just the program. I respect any doctor over an NCAA or NBA player -- no diss to you dreamers out there.
    Redpath could play low D1 or top D2 with his eyes shut.
    Which leads to what? If you are still playing in GTA at 17 years old or above you aint making NBA son. Everyone who follows GTA knows what Redpath offers.
    The smart kids know where they are at.
    That being said, Neva Quit, wtf!?! K-Love was Gatorade HS player of the year! The man was legit in grade school.
    Aaron is gonna turn a sweet stroke and hard academic work into the kind of life that we all dream of. Kobee24 is livin like a boy. Aaron is livin like a man.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:53 am

Thank you for your opinion kobee24. Obviously I am a CIS coach so I do not agree with all of what you said but I appreciate your opinion. For the record, Redpath is legit, he did make a choice based on academics more than just basketball. And there are definitely other players who could be included (in my opinion), but I asked for yours so thanks.
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

Post by DrewEbanks Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:18 am

Jax23 wrote:Hey we can all see what's what.
    Aaron Redpath is gonna be my grandson's medical doctor.
    The student said in his interviews that he is interested in the school not just the program. I respect any doctor over an NCAA or NBA player -- no diss to you dreamers out there.
    Redpath could play low D1 or top D2 with his eyes shut.
    Which leads to what? If you are still playing in GTA at 17 years old or above you aint making NBA son. Everyone who follows GTA knows what Redpath offers.
    The smart kids know where they are at.
    That being said, Neva Quit, wtf!?! K-Love was Gatorade HS player of the year! The man was legit in grade school.
    Aaron is gonna turn a sweet stroke and hard academic work into the kind of life that we all dream of. Kobee24 is livin like a boy. Aaron is livin like a man.

Great post Jax23!
    I agree...not all players will and should strive for the NCAA...some are just not talented enough and some realize like Aaron Redpath and others that a QUALITY education which affords a better probability of future success as an adult as well as true PLAYING TIME are more important than heading down south to "live the dream". I agree Redpath could certainly play mid-major(mid to low D1). He did have looks from American schools but decided on a more secure future for himself by staying here in Canada.
    Case in point Jevohn Sheppard was a sensational athlete and basketball player out of Toronto several years ago...signed with Michigan and ended up pretty much riding the bench his whole time there. Now if he had went to a lower level D1 or even a mid-major instead of a top tier school such as Michigan he may have had significantly more playing time. Fortunately for Jevohn, he is a significant talent and rebounded from a so-so NCAA career, played for the Canadian Sr. Men's basketball squad and through that landed in Europe.
    But a lot of kids don't realize that they may be able to land a scholarship in the States but the tough thing is being able to stick it out down there. It's tough...there are biases against Canadians that have been there forever. But these biases are starting to go away due to the exceptional success Canadians are now garnering at the U.S. prep level/high school and NCAA level.

As for the CIS...no it's not the NCAA but I wouldn't discount it as a viable option Kobee24. There are lots of "real ballers" playing in the CIS...basketball is basketball.
    I watch quite a bit of CIS hoops and I must say...the talent level, athleticism and speed have all increased dramatically over the last few years. More quality players are staying in Canada for reasons like Redpath and that is great for the game. I was at the Ryerson/Ottawa game last weekend and it was a dandy...ton's of great plays and the pace of the game is what really impressed me.
    Leon Alexander is a top tier player here in Ontario...and we'll have to see where he ends up.

As much as I love the success Canadians are having in America...we need the game to grow here and we need to support the CIS and the CCAA so that the sport as a whole can grow here in Canada!
    If you wanna see a great game...come out tonight to the Ryerson/U of T game and judge for yourself.
    By the way, Alex Hill a former Eastern Commerce standout and a Cornell scholarship recipient who came back to Canada after one year is having a nice year for the Blues!
    The key again is to SUPPORT Canadian basketball at all levels. That's the ONLY way we will get the media, government and the people with financial clout to pour money and resources into basketball!

Just my take on it
    Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard(LHBH)

p.s. guys we may not agree on things but we should ease on the name-calling as it doesn't advance the discussion at all.

DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

Post by DrewEbanks Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:56 am

By the way...here's the exact reason you can't discount CIS ball anymore...
    John Berhanemeskel lit up the Cincinnati Bearcats earlier this season for several hoops, including 4 threes...check the story out from basketballbuzz...

http://basketballbuzz.ca/men/gee-gees-rookie-johnny-berhanemeskel-smashing-all-time-records/forward/4183/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=hellotxt

See text of article below...

The Rookie: Johnny Berhanemeskel
    Thursday, February 17 2011

At only 18 years old, uOttawa Gee-Gees men’s basketball first-year guard Johnny Berhanemeskel of Ottawa, Ont., is quietly having the best season then any other rookie who has ever suited up for the garnet and grey.

With one regular season game still remaining, Johnny has already smashed two Gee-Gees records including most points by a rookie and most three-pointers in a season. In 21 games so far this season, Johnny has amassed a total of 336 points, whereas the previous record for most points in a season by a rookie was 215 points set by current Gee-Gees scoring leader Warren Ward, London, Ont. From the three-point line, Johnny has been lights out with a total of 64; that is twenty more than Marko Jovic’s 44 set back in 2002.

Needless to say that Johnny is also on pace to becoming the all-time rookie leader in highest scoring average by a rookie, highest free-throw percentage by a rookie, and obviously most three-pointers by a rookie.

Admittedly, it would have been difficult to foreshadow this kind of success for a rookie. Even head coach James Derouin had his doubts, but he credits Johnny’s hard work and determination to have proven all those wrong.

Derouin explains that Johnny nearly slipped through the cracks in the recruiting process, but after watching him put up 16 points in their first exhibition match against the NCAA Division 1 Cincinnati Bearcats back in September, he knew he had something special.

“I think he made his first five or six shots in a row including four threes. He made his first four shots in the second quarter. And I think right then the coaching staff, players and the fans, and everyone sort of looked at each other in saying ‘is this kid lighting up a Division 1 school right now?’ I think he had twelve or fourteen in the quarter,” laughed Derouin.

“But most rookies will have difficulty sustaining top performances as the season goes on, and will most often encounter a difficult stretch or two,” explained Derouin. Fortunately for Johnny and the Gee-Gees, he continues to defy the skeptics with a consistent season wherein he just keeps improving with every game.

“People continued to underestimate him and it just seemed to fuel him even more. He just continues to have an amazing first season. And he’s a great kid, he works hard, he’s always on time for practice, and he’s in early doing extra shooting all the time. He does what he’s told; he listens. He’s been great for us,” added Derouin.

Regardless of whether or not Johnny’s numbers will garner him the nod for OUA Rookie of the Year and potentially CIS Rookie of the Year, Derouin remains focused on Johnny’s future with the team: “In terms of the program moving forward, we have our two guards. He’s breaking records, and he’s still learning how to play; it’s amazing. And so it’s very exciting for me to know that we still have him for four more years,” said Derouin.

Catch Johnny and the Gee-Gees in their last regular season game this Friday, February 18 at 8 p.m., as they exact revenge on rivals Carleton Ravens in a rematch of the Capital Hoops Classic at Montpetit Hall.

sba123
    Freshman

Post by sba123 Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:18 am

Canada has very good talent the only thing about Edwards is he can shoot from deep and he can finish above the rim when attacking, but dont forget about great other talent like Dyshawn Pierre, Agunwa Oklie, Leon Alexander, Aaron Redpath, Duane Notice, Kevin Pangos, and Andrew Wiggins!
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:29 pm

correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Carlton play D1 schools early in the year and beat them?!?!

if so, CIS must be really bad, LOL (sarcasim)
    sba123
    Freshman

Post by sba123 Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:22 pm

as i watched this video again this put back jamm by Edwards came upp on the side check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYKzwNeXGFY

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:55 pm