HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

3 posters

FREE Highlight Tape Creation

Top Prospects
    Top Prospects
    Freshman

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-05-24

FREE Highlight Tape Creation Empty FREE Highlight Tape Creation

Post by Top Prospects Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 pm

With the season coming to an end many of you will need a highlight tape to show college coaches. If you need one created Top Prospects can do it for FREE. All the info you need is in the link.

http://www.blog.topprospects.ca/post/3037856423/free-highlight-tape-creation

you can also email video@TopProspects.ca for more info!
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

FREE Highlight Tape Creation Empty Re: FREE Highlight Tape Creation

Post by steve.nash1 Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 am

What sort of an idiot would send a highlight tape to a coach?
    Why would you even suggest this? Coaches want game tapes (against good teams) and to see players with their own eyes....

This sounds foolish...

Top Prospects
    Top Prospects
    Freshman

Post by Top Prospects Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:51 am

Of course coaches want games tapes from players but what coach is going to watch a full game tape from a player they never heard of? Would you watch full game tapes if you were a coach of every player that sent you film? Just not enough time, a highlight tape is a great way to get your foot in the door. If the coach likes what he sees from you with your highlight tape he can request full game footage from you. This is how it works in football & basketball all coaches want to see full game tapes but a highlight tape is the best way for you to get a coach to watch your full game tape.

Thanks for the comment
    Top Prospects
    Top Prospects
    Freshman

Post by Top Prospects Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:03 am

If you are creating DVDs to send to coaches I would suggest that you add a highlight tape along with your full game tape on the DVD. This way a coach can watch your highlight tape and determine if they want to watch your full game tape. Just think about haw many players send coaches film there is no way a Coach, their Assistants and Graduate Assistants can spend an hour or two on one player watching his full game tape.

As far as your comment about coaches wanting to see players with their own eyes, how many coaches from across Canada come to watch your games? Any coaches from out West? Very few players have NCAA coaches come to watch them play here in Canada. Of course you can play AAU, which will help but you won't be seen by every single coach in the country. So if you don't have coaches coming to watch you play what is the next best way for them to see you? Sending them a highlight tape to peak their interest in watching a full game of you.
    Give It Time
    Freshman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-11-12

Post by Give It Time Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:05 pm

steve.nash1..... I just wanted to point out how stupid your comment is. I'm gonna guess you haven't really had to deal with any D1 scholarships and if you have it's not going well. Hopefully you realised that after TopProspect explained why highlight videos are important.

More importantly TopProspect what you guys are doing is great. I just committed on my full ride about a month ago now to a top 25 D1 school in my sport, and the only reason i got exposure to the school is because of my video. It's hard to get interest from schools in the Carolina's, florida, and the other southern states without going prep, and the only way to do it is with a highlight video and contacting your schools of interest with that video and what you have to offer the program. If you can do enough in that video to catch the eyes of the coach he will come watch you play or get his hands on game film of you.

Often a well cut video is over $200, I really respect this promotion you have to help Canadians in their recruitment process. Congratulations and be proud of what you're doing!
    Top Prospects
    Top Prospects
    Freshman

Post by Top Prospects Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks for the comment! I Hope that the majority of people in Ontario understand the recruiting process like yourself and not like steve.nash1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:32 am