HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

2 posters

CROWN Article: NPSAA Final Recap And Standouts

DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

CROWN Article: NPSAA Final Recap And Standouts Empty CROWN Article: NPSAA Final Recap And Standouts

Post by DrewEbanks Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:08 am

It was a great ending to the 2011 NPSAA Championship. PHASE 1 Academy, a team that had struggled earlier this season, jelled at the right time playing strong as a unit and finding their way to the final four. After not having their star player in the lineup on day one, REDA would make a comeback with thanks to Grant Mullins’ leadership by winning a very controversial semi-finals game over Grassroots with Mullins hitting the game winning free throws to claim the 101-100 victory. They would go on to defeat YAAACE 96-81 and be crowned 2011 NPSAA champions.

To see the rest of the article by Gilbert Muako click on the link below...

http://crownmagonline.com/recruiting/npsaa-final-recap-and-standouts/

Also, check back on the CROWN site later for exclusive 1-on-1 interviews with me and 5 of the top players in the NPSAA tournament including Grant Mullins, Nick Stauskus and Justin Edwards!

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard(LHBH)

Last edited by DrewEbanks on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    zonekiller
    Junior

Number of posts : 649
    Registration date : 2008-08-08

CROWN Article: NPSAA Final Recap And Standouts Empty Re: CROWN Article: NPSAA Final Recap And Standouts

Post by zonekiller Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 am

whos starting 5???
    DrewEbanks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 281
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

CROWN Article: NPSAA Final Recap And Standouts Empty NPSAA: Thoughts...

Post by DrewEbanks Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:24 am

zonekiller wrote:whos starting 5???

Zone Killer "Starting 5" is a team put together out of Durham region. It seems to be a collaboration between Kirk Salesman(former Pickering Star) and David Joseph(Cory Joseph and Devoe Joseph's father). Not sure if it was just a one-time team they put together for the NPSAA or if they will be keeping it together going forward. I will find out from Kirk what their plans were. I saw them play the Friday night at the NPSAA's and they had Nevell Provo(Pickering), Martin Dixon-Green and Negus Webster-Chan on it as well. They were already eliminated from semi-final qualifying so it was just a game for Negus and Martin to have some fun against a younger Bounce team led by St. Mike's PG Malcolm Duvivier and Oakwood Big man Tyrell Green. Martin and Negus put on quite the show with Martin showing he has fully recovered from a foot injury he suffered last year. He was hitting deep threes on catch and on pull-ups as well as taking it to the hole at WILL! No one could stop him and he finished the game with 39 pts including an off-the rebound jam that I have on tape that defies logic. If I'm not mistaken I believe it was off a missed FT...but I haven't seen it since I filmed it so I'm not 100% sure. I'll get it out soon! Negus also showed improvement from outside buring threes and pull-up midranges. He's built up his body and has a confident swagger that he uses to his advantage. He had a couple dunks as well!
    Wayne Dawkins and Keith Vassell did a good job with the tournament although the spectator attendance over the days I was there was not great. They could have used some more promotion. Many people had no idea that Dixon-Green and Webster-Chan were gonna play. I'm sure if they did, they wouldn't have missed the show they put on for the people there on the Friday night!
    Rowan Barrett, my good friend and now the Director of Youth Development for Canada Basketball was there on Saturday to give out some of the awards after the final!

Drew
    Live Hard Ball Hard(LHBH)

Sponsored content

CROWN Article: NPSAA Final Recap And Standouts Empty Re: CROWN Article: NPSAA Final Recap And Standouts

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 pm