HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

Tristan Thompson Signs with Agent

YoungBuckz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Tristan Thompson Signs with Agent Empty Tristan Thompson Signs with Agent

Post by YoungBuckz Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Tristan Thompson Signs with Agent

Tristian ThompsonTristian ThompsonWe received word today from sources close to the situation that Texas bigman Tristan Thompson has signed with an agent and is foregoing his college eligibility. Look for the official announcement to come in the next few weeks.

Thompson is a physical specimen who showcased his tremendous length and defensive ability by shutting down Derrick Williams for much of the Arizona-Texas match up in the round of 32.

The 6'9 freshman is projected by scouts as a likely mid-first round pick in the 12-20 range. His offensive game remains unrefined, but he's a hard worker and excellent rebounder.

His length and disruptive defensive presence and shot blocking ability combined with his skinny upperbody has drawn comparisons from scouts to former top 10 pick Brandon Wright.

http://www.nbadraft.net/draft-buzz-3
    YoungBuckz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-08-27

Tristan Thompson Signs with Agent Empty Re: Tristan Thompson Signs with Agent

Post by YoungBuckz Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Family Says Thompson Hasn’t Signed With an Agent

By Adam Zagoria on March 26, 2011, 11:35PM

The mother of Texas freshman Tristan Thompson denies he has signed with an agent.

“I didn’t sign anything,” Andrea Thompson said by phone from Canada. “We didn’t sign anything. I don’t know where this is coming from. We didn’t talk about anything yet. He’s going to finish this season. We’re just relaxing.”

She added: “Tristan can’t sign. I’m his mom. Tristan is not old enough to sign. He just turned 20. I’m pretty sure you have to be 21.”

Another source close to the situation said, “Not at all,” when asked if Thompson had signed with an agent.

Following Texas’ loss to Arizona in the NCAA Tournament March 19, Thompson himself said: “I’m coming back another year. I’ve already signed up for summer classes, so I’ve got to be going to school there.”

Ro Russell, Thompson’s AAU coach with Grassroots Canada, said Thompson wanted to return in part to play with former St. Benedict’s and Grassroots Canada teammate Myck Kabongo, a senior at Findlay Prep who has signed with Texas.

“That’s how he feels,” Russell said. “He loves college.”

NBADraft.net, citing “sources close to the situation,” said Thompson had signed and an official announcement could come “in the next several weeks.”

The 6-foot-8 Thompson averaged 13.1 points and 7.8 rebounds as a freshman at Texas.

Thompson is projected as a mid- to late-first round pick.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/03/26/family-says-thompson-hasnt-signed-with-an-agent/

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 pm