HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+11
HooptownGTA
skip2myloupt2
Peel Fan
TorontoBasketball
baller12
unknownballer
OnlyTheTruth
kiddddo
wcbasketball
EYE OF A TIGER
LXG23Clutch
15 posters

Top 4 teams makin the playoffs in the west

LXG23Clutch
    Freshman

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Top 4 teams makin the playoffs in the west Empty Top 4 teams makin the playoffs in the west

Post by LXG23Clutch Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:13 am

from the north and the south what are the top 4 teams making the playoffs
    i already know George harvey is 1 and Martingrove is one
    EYE OF A TIGER
    Freshman

Number of posts : 161
    Registration date : 2008-07-22

Top 4 teams makin the playoffs in the west Empty Re: Top 4 teams makin the playoffs in the west

Post by EYE OF A TIGER Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:56 am

South-West:
    1.George Harvey (ON A COMPLETE RAMPAGE)
    2.Runneymede (did not play yet but Dangerous, great team)
    3.Vaughn Road (disapointing @their own tourney)

North-West:
    1.Martingrove (took Vaughn Road tourney)
    2.West Humber (lost alot of games o player academics, still Dangerous)
    3.NACI (played only 3 games, lost to Pine Ridge)

Overall:
    1.George Harvey (won 2 tournaments in less then a month! ON A TARE)
    2. Martingrove (#9 , won Viper Classic)
    3.Runneymede (on this list because of expectations)
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Top 4 teams makin the playoffs in the west Empty Re: Top 4 teams makin the playoffs in the west

Post by wcbasketball Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:18 am

I think Martingrove win take the title in this league. They are well balanced
    wcbasketball
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-07-18

Post by wcbasketball Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 am

My pick is for Jefferys to take this division with a strong push from Newtonbrook , Emery and Westview. Don Mills seems compeititive based on their close loss to Newtonbrook
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2008-10-02

Post by kiddddo Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:45 am

[quote="EYE OF A TIGER"]South-West:
    1.George Harvey (ON A COMPLETE RAMPAGE)
    2.Runneymede (did not play yet but Dangerous, great team)
    3.Vaughn Road (disapointing @their own tourney)

North-West:
    1.Martingrove (took Vaughn Road tourney)
    2.West Humber (lost alot of games o player academics, still Dangerous)
    3.NACI (played only 3 games, lost to Pine Ridge)

Overall:
    1.George Harvey (won 2 tournaments in less then a month! ON A TARE)
    2. Martingrove (#9 , won Viper Classic)
    3.Runneymede (on this list because of expectations)[/quote]

im tellin u guys talk way took quick, lmao...look at it, has harvey beat a team that top10?????they way u guys talk about them is that they surprising ppl...they arnt surprising me because they had pieces i guess the puzzle has come together...back t my point they beat a #16 Xavier that wast suppose to be ranked, the reson i think they were was because they had a decent team last year but because of a star they lost....pine ridge was over rated by far and i was soooo shocked to see them on the list also, they didnt loose to harvey but harvey beat the team that beat them so i guess u could call the upper hand..my opinion about the west this year is that anything could happen, we have 2(Martingrove, NACI) that i would say are ready for battle in the north-west and 2(Harvey, Runnymede)that are ready from the south west. to address West Humber itz sad that they lost players due to this hopefully, they get back on track and make some noise. to address Vaughn rd, the were disappointing in there tournament falling in the last minutes in both games. they have a very short bench so when they get in foul trouble it gets real ugly with them, but if they pull the bench together they, along with west humber will be my upseter list because if Harvey, Runnymede, Martingrove, NACI dont take them seriously and goin to the game like its going to be easy, they have another thing comming to them

QUESTION
    who's on George Harvey AND Vaughn Rd???
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by OnlyTheTruth Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:22 pm

1. Martingrove ( # 9 hooptown gta,#8 toronto star, and have won a legit tourney)
    2. George Harvey( Undeafted so far winning 2 tourneys , #12 hooptown gta)
    3.Runneymede( because of expectations)
    4. Vaughn Road/Westhumber(Vaughn Road with returning stars/Westhumber with alot of returners but lots academically uneligible)
    unknownballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-07-20

Post by unknownballer Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:44 pm

i honestly think george harvey will beat martingrove i wached alot of harvey games this team if they want could blow out the teams they face but instead they dont the bench is so stacked and there are not alot of teams that have a nice bench i think george harvey has the best bench than any other team in the west
    baller12
    Freshman

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by baller12 Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:05 pm

I think Martingrove will take it all. Harvey seems to be getting big headed which will come back and get them while martingrove is a humble team with ENUF talent. Big Ups to Matthew Wright
    unknownballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-07-20

Post by unknownballer Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:25 pm

grove is not that good i wached them get slapped by loyola at carr tourny and the only nice person on that team was matthew W
    TorontoBasketball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by TorontoBasketball Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:30 pm

Loyola was the stronger team. They are going to surprise alot of teams. My question is though, did you watch the Grove game vs Mother Teresa?
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:51 pm

[quote="kiddddo"]back t my point they beat a #16 Xavier that wast suppose to be ranked, the reson i think they were was because they had a decent team last year but because of a star they lost[/quote]

As was posted on the board by a couple of posters during the tournament, Xavier was missing four starters for the Harvey game. I wouldn't be so quick to use that game as an example.
    OnlyTheTruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 157
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by OnlyTheTruth Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:45 pm

Loyola did slap Martingrove thats true but Martingrove did have a 24 point lead on past #1 Mother Teresa Titans the day before that game... But yes i agree Martingrove hasnt proven to the whole GTA that there a team to bang with they have proven to there division though you must agree with me on that..
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-07-17

Post by skip2myloupt2 Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:07 am

1) George Harvey 1) Martingrove
    2) Runneymede 2) NACI
    3) Vaughan Road 3) West Humber
    4) Richview/Etobicoke 4) Weston/Thistletown

To me the North-West i think that MCI has it locked up due to their division (competition wise) the only team that i see to make an upset will be NACI

Now the South-West i sthe division to be wathcing because Harvey won two tournaments and congrats (they're a nice team to watch) but they shouldnt let that get to them because they know that their division is harder because teams like Vaughan Road which i think personally can create a couple of upsets and Runneymede who i havent seen played this year but i heard they could bang with Harvey for the top spot. But then again it's basketball and anything could happen!

Can anyone tell me the date for the George Harvey vs. Runneymede game i will love to watch.
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5447
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by HooptownGTA Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:50 am

December 10th: Runnymede @ Vaughan Road
    December 11th: Runnymede @ George Harvey
    December 18th: #9 Martingrove @ North Albion
    fullcourt
    fullcourt
    Freshman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by fullcourt Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:40 am

[quote="skip2myloupt2"]1) George Harvey 1) Martingrove
    2) Runneymede 2) NACI

To me the North-West i think that MCI has it locked up due to their division (competition wise) the only team that i see to make an upset will be NACI

Now the South-West i sthe division to be wathcing because Harvey won two tournaments and congrats (they're a nice team to watch) but they shouldnt let that get to them because they know that their division is harder because teams like Vaughan Road which i think personally can create a couple of upsets and Runneymede who i havent seen played this year but i heard they could bang with Harvey for the top spot. But then again it's basketball and anything could happen!

Can anyone tell me the date for the George Harvey vs. Runneymede game i will love to watch.[/quote]

I TOTTALY 100% AGREE......MCI has alot to prove styll but i think there only competion in the west is NACI....NACI did pretty good in the west humber tourney seeing that it was there first game period...they banged with PINE RIDGE until about 4th quarter and they kinda broke down....after that they slapped both teams they faced.....but they styll have PLENTY to prove especially now that they lost JASON LEGISTER....
    skip2myloupt2
    Freshman

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-07-17

Post by skip2myloupt2 Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:09 pm

thanks HooptownGTA
    datGullykid
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Post by datGullykid Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:17 pm

WAT BOUT DON BOSCO
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Post by kiddddo Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:55 pm

this is for Public School not catholic
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:16 pm

December 10th:

#16 Vaughan Road 66 (Jonathan Reynolds 18 ) - Runnymede 51 (Denham Buchanan16)
    HooptownGTA
    HooptownGTA
    Hall Of Fame

Post by HooptownGTA Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:07 pm

George Harvey 70 (Fidel Benjamin 17) - Runnymede 51 (Denham Buchanan 14)
    kiddddo
    Freshman

Post by kiddddo Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:29 pm

some good basketball from the South-West
    and1three
    Freshman

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post by and1three Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:33 pm

[quote="skip2myloupt2"]1) George Harvey 1) Martingrove
    2) Runneymede 2) NACI

Can anyone tell me the date for the George Harvey vs. Runneymede game i will love to watch.[/quote]

Take in how dude put in richview and etobicoke. richview hasnt won a game and i dont think eci has won a game. silverthorn is 4-0 but they havent really been tested by a good team yet. they play vra on monday which they will probably lose but they can contest with runnymede, i saw them at the pocock tourny. harvey is too nice right now, they won 3 tournaments. Mci i watched the other day and they are killing it and their top player isnt really doing anything yet. hes waiting for the playoffs. i say harvey and martingrove in the finals. i think the northwest will be mci, naci, westhumber and weston in that order. for the south, i think it will be harvey, vra, sci, runnymede in that order.
    azn_hobo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by azn_hobo Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:28 pm

trust me, the only team that can bang with harvey is vaughan road, which they play each other later in jan. runnymede already got slapped by harvey.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:56 am