HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+7
yoyo
microwave
jayallday
airCHINA
ballin45
Ballhawks
11 posters

Scadding Court Basketball Tryouts

ankles
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

Scadding Court Basketball Tryouts - Page 2 Empty Re: Scadding Court Basketball Tryouts

Post by ankles Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:57 pm

Who went to the tryout?.. How were the guards?
    yoyo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

Scadding Court Basketball Tryouts - Page 2 Empty Re: Scadding Court Basketball Tryouts

Post by yoyo Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:22 am

[quote="yoyo"][quote="Ballhawks"]
    yoyo to answer your question the only aau tournaments left worth going to this year are in September and no we are not scheduled to go to them. We will participate in the aau circuit starting in March of the coming year. Also what will it do for you is prepare you for the next level so when you get there, there is mininal transition.[/quote]

if you are participating in the aau circuit starting in march, isn't that to late to help out 5th year players get scholarships?

and are these try outs for the top aau team you have or just a place where kids can get better?[/quote]
    Ballhawks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2008-07-19

Post by Ballhawks Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:53 am

It is only to late if you think it is to late. You have to understand the whole recruitment process, remember kids are not official cleared through clearinghouse until clearinghouse receives the kids final transcript from their high school. Which is normally sent out in late June. So a kid could commit to a school early but find out later that he is not cleared by clearinghouse and the school is scrambling to find a replacement player. Unfortunately this happens alot and it is actually affecting some of the toronto players this year who actually commited earlier but now are having problems with clearinghouse (some big time players) which i will not disclose.

I know a couple of toronto players who got thier D1 scholarships in August of their graduating year, which is the last possible situation. I actually got a call from a mid D1 earlier this week looking for a player for this September.
    ankles
    Freshman

Number of posts : 9

Post by ankles Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:04 pm

How were the guards at the tryout? Like who was there?... Do you already have an Idea of who u want?
    microwave
    Freshman

Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2008-07-23

Post by microwave Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:04 pm

[quote="Ballhawks"]It is only to late if you think it is to late. You have to understand the whole recruitment process, remember kids are not official cleared through clearinghouse until clearinghouse receives the kids final transcript from their high school. Which is normally sent out in late June. So a kid could commit to a school early but find out later that he is not cleared by clearinghouse and the school is scrambling to find a replacement player. Unfortunately this happens alot and it is actually affecting some of the toronto players this year who actually commited earlier but now are having problems with clearinghouse (some big time players) which i will not disclose.

I know a couple of toronto players who got thier D1 scholarships in August of their graduating year, which is the last possible situation. I actually got a call from a mid D1 earlier this week looking for a player for this September.[/quote]

what school was this that called coach?
    yoyo
    Freshman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-08-04

Post by yoyo Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:15 pm

are these try outs for the top aau team you have or just a place where kids can get better?
    Ballhawks
    Freshman

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2008-07-19

Post by Ballhawks Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:59 pm

New Mexico State and they are looking for a point guard. They actually wanted to sign one of my products Christian Kabongo but he has not written his SAT's yet and is schedule to go to a Prep school in Florida.

Yes, these try outs are for the top AAU team, but if i see a kid that i think is not quite there, but has the right attitude and work ethic i will work with him and help him as much as possible.

Regarding who show up to the first try-outs, if you had showed up you would have known. I am not going to start listing players.
    ballerondarealz
    Freshman

Number of posts : 16

Post by ballerondarealz Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:37 pm

good luck on this...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 am