HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

4 posters

Congratulations to the Mother Teresa Titans!!

Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Congratulations to the Mother Teresa Titans!! Empty Congratulations to the Mother Teresa Titans!!

Post by Coach Melnik Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:12 am

I want to take this opportunity to congratulate Coach Gallacher and the Mother Teresa Titans on a convincing victory last night in the TDCAA Championship Game.

At the beginning of the season, I considered MT the heavy favourites to end our three year reign as TDCAA Champions. However, we were able to maintain a very high ranking in Toronto and Ontario, we were younger and smaller than we have ever been. Although we definitely developed and progressed as a team, our youth truly showed last night and we were unable to overcome a terrific start by the Titans. We will chalk this up to experience and use it to continue to grow and develop.

For the Crusaders that are definitely moving on, Antwon Allwwood, Sean Giscombe and Kadeem Douglas, I thank you and wish you all the best of luck in your college career. Your future is bright!

For the Crusaders that are returning, our future is very bright. We will need to improve on several areas but I believe in you, and I am excited about our prospects for 2009-2010.

I want to wish all the GTA teams, but especially our TDCAA Champions from Mother Teresa all the best of luck at OFSAA!

Coach Melnik
    Coach Clement
    Coach Clement
    Hall Of Fame

Number of posts : 5295

Congratulations to the Mother Teresa Titans!! Empty Re: Congratulations to the Mother Teresa Titans!!

Post by Coach Clement Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:31 am

Great showing Coach!

Your future is indeed bright.

You have outstanding players in Gr. 11, Gr. 10 and Gr. 9.

Is Josh coming back? He is an amazing player and I love his competitive spirit.

I give you marks for aspiring to be the best and competing for AAAA the highest level in the Province. That says a ton about you and your program!
    Coach Philippe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Congratulations to the Mother Teresa Titans!! Empty Re: Congratulations to the Mother Teresa Titans!!

Post by Coach Philippe Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:36 am

Very classy post Coach Melnik!
    This is a great display of sportsmanship, and the kind of positivity and
    leadership that is a fantastic example to show to players, coaches and GTA Hoops fans alike...

Congrats to Henry Carr on an excellent season. It's a shame that you guys can't join MT at OFSAA as well, but the fact you guys made no excuses and fought until the end to get in is a credit to your program!

I'd like to wish congratulations to Coach Gallacher and the Mother Teresa Titans as well! MT has had a phenomenal season and are no doubt a force to be reckoned with and a serious contender for Gold at OFSAA next week...
    I was at the game last night and MT looked strong from start to finish. With their size in the post, athleticism on the wings, IQ/quickness at the PG spot, and solid Coaching, they are a handful for any team in Ontario!

Congrats to Coach Gallacher and the MT Titans the TDCAA Champs for 2009, and Congrats to Henry Carr and Coach Melnik on a solid season and classy approach to the game!

We'll see you at OFSAA MT, great game last night!

Last edited by Coach Philippe on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Coach Melnik
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 370

Post by Coach Melnik Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:31 am

Thanks Coaches Clement and Philippe. I appreciate your kind comments.
    Respect
    Respect
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 562
    Registration date : 2009-01-07

Post by Respect Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:04 am

I too would like to congratulate Coach Melnik on another great season and on showing supreme class, sportsmanship, and leadership. You've been doing this for a long time now, and I remember when you were a young man in the coaching fraternity. Success has been with you for most of your coaching career, but your true successes have been the positive influences that you've made upon the lives of many young men within the sport of basketball and the game of life. Thank you and keep up the good work Coach Melnik!

Good luck to both MT & West Hill at 4A Ofssa. You will represent Scarborough & the GTA well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:35 am