HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+9
wcbasketball
beecher
TAJ
Toronto
bigshot
stevelogan92
ball4life
bruins
ballerzmom
13 posters

What school to send a moderately achieving elite player to?

TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

What school to send a moderately achieving elite player to? - Page 2 Empty Re: What school to send a moderately achieving elite player to?

Post by TAJ Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:28 pm

I wouldn't say anything to bigshot. Because it is obvious that this guy doesnt read! Did I say, Harvey is great school?
    When you learn to read, please go through the whole post. I was the one who told her that Martingrove is a good school.
    I wouldn't even argue because I am tired of it.

Clearly, I am getting my education and I wont be sitting here in 1-2 years talking smack. GET A LIFE! Please don't pollute this post.
    rec
    Freshman

Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

What school to send a moderately achieving elite player to? - Page 2 Empty Re: What school to send a moderately achieving elite player to?

Post by rec Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:50 pm

TAJ..you can state your opinion based on what you feel is right and I am allowed to do the same. I know what I know and you can take it or leave it. I will do the same with your opinion. The parent asked for opinions and I am sharing mine based on what I know.

I don't think it's bad advice to tell parents to find out and research the reputation and behaviours of the coaching staff. It has a definite impact on the students.
    TAJ
    Freshman

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by TAJ Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:30 pm

Yes rec, you are right. but c'mon. in your opinion, you would avoid us like plague?
    Is that very sensible? LoL Well, if that's your opinion then it's easy to figure your mentality. I am open to opinions and you have your rights. Please understand that if you use provoking words like 'Plague' then obviously someone will get offended.

Whatever happened at Ofsaa doesn't speak about the school in general. People are talking like, we have commited a huge crime. But seriously, most of us dont even know what went wrong there. And human beings have tendency to exagerate and blow things out of proportion. Anyways, if we have done anything wrong, then the board will deal with us. That's why we have them so that they can make rules and keep those rules in order.

But it is depressing to see people dance on others words. And those people go and put down the school and its reputation. We all have made mistakes but that doesn't prove who we are. Does it? In that case, if (I SAY 'IF") our guys have made a mistake, it might not be the reflection of who they are. Remember, we are human beings and noone is perfect.

I have said enough. I don't want to fight or argue. I will reply again if ballerzmom has any questions. Wink
    ballerzmom
    Freshman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2009-03-25

Post by ballerzmom Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:59 am

There doesn't seem to be alot of moderation on this board, so since this is my thread I will self-moderate it.

Of course I do welcome opinions that may not be popular or what I necessarily wanted to hear, Mr Rec, however, your initial post was rude and uncalled for. I see you have since that toned done a bit so that's great.

Bigshot, that goes for you too. Be respectful about any contrary opinions or keep your comments to yourself. People's children go to these schools, and real people work hard at those schools for those children. They deserve respect on that count alone.

Thank you.

Taj, once again I must say you are growing into a fine gentleman if at Gr 11 you can handle yourself as maturely as you have here. Good job son.
    rec
    Freshman

Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by rec Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:00 am

As a parent, if you were aware of the situation, you may not be so quick to judge ....Not all comments made on this site will be worded to your liking but the bottom line is you asked for opinions and you are getting them.

As one would give attention to the academic reputation of an institution and credit the teaching staff, one should consider the athletic reputation of the respective team their son is considering playing for and definitely attribute their performance and reputation to the coach.
    I have knowledge of extremely negative behaviour of said coach and shared my opinion.
    It is not to be dismissed because it is negative, otherwise, you would have to dismiss the positive comments as well. They are all based on what has been observed by the individuals expressing their opinion.

Again, I do not think finding out about a coach's reputation in the community and at large is bad advice. How he/she is perceived and respected goes a long way in getting the team invited and accepted into the top tournaments.
    I think that GH coach has just destroyed any chance of getting his team into any Hamilton area tournaments for quite awhile. They do have the next best selection of tournaments offerered next to the GTA and that includes scouts coming from all over. Reputations do matter.....

Martingrove has a strong academic and athletic reputation. Talk to people, whether they be current or former students and their parents. Talk to those in other schools that have had interaction with them. A good reputation is very important in this highly competetive academic/athletic environment for the best well rounded education.
    we.not.me
    Freshman

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Post by we.not.me Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:27 pm

lol at rec. i have a friend who is on the team at GH. and he would like to know where you came to the conclusion that GH will not be involved in any Hamilton tournys? because when i told him that, he was dying of laughter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:34 am