HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+5
goharder42
bigred
Prime Time
JussBall
ballhard99
9 posters

who is going to make it to the finals for peel ?

ballhard99
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2009-12-15

who is going to make it to the finals for peel ? Empty who is going to make it to the finals for peel ?

Post by ballhard99 Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:04 am

DY vs Gonzaga. / st joes vs Fletchers
    JussBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

who is going to make it to the finals for peel ? Empty Re: who is going to make it to the finals for peel ?

Post by JussBall Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:57 pm

d'y vs joes
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

who is going to make it to the finals for peel ? Empty Re: who is going to make it to the finals for peel ?

Post by Prime Time Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:36 pm

i think d'y vs joes is the final everybody has been waiting for and talking about all season. i think this will finally put the debate to rest. i am sure gonzaga and fletchers will have sometie different to say about a dy/joes final.
    bigred
    Freshman

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2009-11-09

Post by bigred Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Where would the finals be played?
    ballhard99
    Freshman

Post by ballhard99 Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:31 pm

The finals are going to be played at brampton sheridan
    goharder42
    Freshman

Registration date : 2010-02-14

Post by goharder42 Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:22 pm

what time does it start for tier 1 and tier 2
    wildcatball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post by wildcatball Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Tier II - 6:30
    Tier I - 8:30

Wednesday Evening
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:05 pm

D'Y vs Fletchers Meadow in the Junior Championship.

Great run by Gonzaga.
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Seems like another North Brampton final again, just like senior balll. But yeah this will be a very close match I think.

Once again, DY almost lost all because of free throws, I said it before and I will say it again, they can't score free throws in clutch time. In the fourth quarter, they were like 3 for 10. I told you guys after semis against Goetz that if DY loses it will be because of free throws and my prediction came true. They just got lucky and out-hustled Gonzaga in end and had too much experience for a team like Gonzaga that I doubt has ever made it this far in play-offs.

The DY junior coach better practice free throws for next couple of days because I think it will come down to them again vs. Fletchers.
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:55 pm

[quote="jt"]Seems like another North Brampton final again, just like senior balll. But yeah this will be a very close match I think.

Once again, DY almost lost all because of free throws, I said it before and I will say it again, they can't score free throws in clutch time. In the fourth quarter, they were like 3 for 10. I told you guys after semis against Goetz that if DY loses it will be because of free throws and my prediction came true. They just got lucky and out-hustled Gonzaga in end and had too much experience for a team like Gonzaga that I doubt has ever made it this far in play-offs.

The DY junior coach better practice free throws for next couple of days because I think it will come down to them again vs. Fletchers.[/quote]

What you want for saying their free throws no good a cookie yes it was no good ,how come you dont talk about Marcus a top 20 player who is playing up missing free throws or myles.It seems like you want a medal for saying it ,the coach know that but once again DY win and moving on.
    Here is some advice dont go to the finals because you know they will miss some free throws i dont want to come and read your same b/s about it.Right now our focus is getting the Trophy.
    JussBall
    Freshman

Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by JussBall Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:27 pm

a cookie!!! LOL
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Did anyone see the Fletchers and St. Joes game, how did it play out? Who was in control for most of the game?
    ballhard99
    Freshman

Post by ballhard99 Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:55 pm

St joes had a control for most of the game. They started off the game 11-0 but the game just went back and forth until middle of the 4th qr when joes had the lead by 7 but fletchers started coming back after a charge was call on the joes point gaurd wich was a bad call. After that call fletchers went on a 16-0 run to finsh the game. But overal it was a exiting game to watch
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:08 pm

So who do you guys think is going to win DY or Fletchers? I seen on Ropssa site that DY won first game by 2 points in regular season.

How does Fletchers team look like in size, are they bigger or smaller than DY?

Also does anyone know the deal with that huge grade 9er on DY Aaron (over 6'5") I see him dunking and doing nice lay-ups in warmups, but he never plays. Does the coach ever play him or is he just waiting till next year?
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Looks like Brampton ran the show this year:

Seniors
    Tier 1- DY and Campion
    Tier 2-Heart lake and Lincoln (we all know Malton doesn't count as sauga haha)

Juniors
    Tier 1-DY and Fletchers
    Tier 2-Central Peel and Bramalea

I don't remember a year like this in recent years where not one sauga team made it to one of the finals, usually you have Goetz or Xavier somewhere in the mix.

Let's see if Sauga can pick up their game next year or what.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:27 am

[quote="jt"] ... I told you guys after semis against Goetz that if DY loses it will be because of free throws and my prediction came true. They just got lucky and out-hustled Gonzaga in end and had too much experience for a team like Gonzaga that I doubt has ever made it this far in play-offs.... [/quote]

How did your prediction come true exactly? That they lost cause of free throws? Well they didnt loose.

They juss got lucky? Out-hustling a team is not Luck. It means they "worked" hard to over come a weakness.

Again having experience is not "lucky".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:51 am