HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+14
CantStopMe
nike
mrknowitall
smoothflow
*Baller
goharder42
stevelogan92
gator01
4realballer
coachblue
gunta
jt
JussBall
TheReal21
18 posters

Junior ROPSSAA Allstar Rosters ?

TheReal21
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-09-13

Junior ROPSSAA Allstar Rosters ? Empty Junior ROPSSAA Allstar Rosters ?

Post by TheReal21 Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Recently I was sitting around doing nothing when a thought popped into my head. The junior boys regular season ended yesterday, so what if there was a ROPSSAA Top 20 Junior All-Star game? scratch

Who would be the 10 players selected to each the North Team (Brampton) and the South Team (Mississauga), and who would ultimately win?

Just a random thought, but what do you guys think ? Smile Basketball
    JussBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Junior ROPSSAA Allstar Rosters ? Empty Re: Junior ROPSSAA Allstar Rosters ?

Post by JussBall Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:21 pm

the game would be 200-3 for Brampton. unless you put central peel from the central division on sauga... and picked...i dunno, the whole team for all star, then the game would be 100- 6 for brampton.
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:13 pm

I bet Bramalea the Ropsaa Junior Tier 2 champs could beat most Sauga Tier 1 teams, hell they could probably beat many B Town Tier 1 teams too.
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 pm

[quote="jt"]I bet Bramalea the Ropsaa Junior Tier 2 champs could beat most Sauga Tier 1 teams, hell they could probably beat many B Town Tier 1 teams too.[/quote]
    That is a serious insult to the many good mississauga teams.
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Not even just saying Bramalea was pretty sick team still, especially for Tier 2, obviously I didn't say they would beat every sauga team.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Number of posts : 1043
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by coachblue Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:07 pm

Bramalea is tough and could certainly compete at tier 1...they would have a tougher time with the d'youvilles and fletcher's and campions due to lack of depth...
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:10 pm

100-3? ouch...cp would give us sauga schools an extra 3?

i mean jt the way you keep doggin d-y on ft shooting maybe we should just put em in the bonus and take our chances...

...pretty sure st joes and goetz and joan of arc and gonzaga and carmel's gr 10's would help in an all star game...(considering there were 2 sauga schools in the semis)
    JussBall
    Freshman

Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by JussBall Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:31 am

true coach. i don't know your opinion on central peel, and i didn't see how they played against bramalea but i think sauga without them loses by crazy points. they a brampton team though. if they dont go to tier 1 they should go back to the north division.
    4realballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by 4realballer Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Is this post tlaking about Tier 2 and Tier1 allstars because these post are getting ridiculous if they are including both Tier 2 and Tier 1. I admit in Sauga Teir 2 I t would be a 30+ blow out for the Brampton Schools. There are no real outstanding players for Tier 2 teams in Sauga (the best probably Chadwick from Stephen Lewis). SO Yes then your points are Valid but if you combine both Tiers only maybe 3 players are deservant to be in the ALL Star game becasue every player that puts up X amount of points, assits or rebounds WILL Put of less and be less of a factor in Tier 1 And Visa Versa in Tier 2 its a fact theres no changing it, the competition you face is WAY BETTER. And FInally if it was a Sauga Bramptoon Tier 1 Allstar game it will be very competitive(if both teams were going hard on defense and offense) BUT I DO THINK BRAMPTON WILL WIN because there are not alot of playmakers in sauga that can take thier man one on one (which will most likely be palyed in an all star game) this could be because Sauga teams play alot of zone. But pretty much all the allstars that would be picked for the Brampton team will be able to take his man off the bounce becasue traditionally and truley more man is played
    gator01
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-27

Post by gator01 Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Last edited by gator01 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:11 pm

i have coached cp, central west bdp and mdp for a couple of years now (guys like cassidy, josh r from campion, tyrell from carmel, nick from lewis, terrence from bram, randy from d-y..etc...) and i can tell u it would not be the blowout you are thinking it would be...

cant wait to coach this years mdp team...we should be pretty good if i can get enough of these good players to come out...
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Post by stevelogan92 Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:04 am

If they 3 juniors from Mount Carmel decided to play junior this year, I strongly believe they would comepete for first overall in the south and make a deep run at the Tier 1 Championship.

Your looking at a starting line up of Jason Lodenquai, Tyrell Rogers, Shane Thuraisingham, Cassidy Ryan. These guys would be able to comepete with any Junior team in Peel.

Talking about a Junior All Star game now. Mississauga would have the best backcourt in Myles and Marcus. Not to mention Mississauga would have the best Peel player period in Marcus.They would also have the bigs to match up with Brampton.

Mississauga Roster:
    Myles Charvis
    Marcus Hanson
    Tyrell Rogers
    Cassidy Ryan
    Nick Madray
    Jaylen Roberts
    Jerome Yumul
    Chadwick Stewart
    Jason Lodenquai
    RJ Ramirez
    Julian Johnson
    goharder42
    Freshman

Registration date : 2010-02-14

Post by goharder42 Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:17 pm

I think there should also be a Top 40 all star game
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:58 pm

[quote="stevelogan92"]If they 3 juniors from Mount Carmel decided to play junior this year, I strongly believe they would comepete for first overall in the south and make a deep run at the Tier 1 Championship.

I have been saying this all along,it take you a long time to see it.I think carmel would have been in the top 3 coming out of the south.
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:43 pm

When you picking a all star team what are you guys looking for in a player? because scoring put points but dont win games.
    *Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by *Baller Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Randy Oriahki
    Abed Emran
    Brandon Halliburton
    Denzel Taylor
    James Agyeman
    Devante Slaven
    Mark Ruddock
    Josh Rhodius
    Baljoyt Judge
    Amen Obano
    Jonathon Wallace
    Big Myles from augustine
    Daidriann from centennial
    Big Brandon Dy Best big man with defence
    NOrth would win.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:55 pm

[quote="*Baller"]Randy Oriahki
    Abed Emran
    Brandon Halliburton
    Denzel Taylor
    James Agyeman
    Devante Slaven
    Mark Ruddock
    Josh Rhodius
    Baljoyt Judge
    Amen Obano
    Jonathon Wallace
    Big Myles from augustine
    Daidriann from centennial
    Big Brandon Dy Best big man with defence
    NOrth would win.[/quote]

Why are you so confident in the north? I think this would be a very good game. Yes, Brampton could win. But so can Mississauga. First off, not one of the Brampton guards can guard Myles, Marcus, or RJ.

Mississauga has a clear advantage at the guard positions while Brampton has the advantage at the forward spots.

*Note* Mississauga's starting backcourt of Myles and Marcus beat up on Campion and Sandalwoods top players. Your Brampton squad has 6 D'Y players who needed overtime against a 2 man Gonzaga team. Add those two players with the rest of the Mississauga squad I'll take my chances with them.
    goharder42
    Freshman

Post by goharder42 Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:00 pm

i think to determine the players each coach from each team should send 3 players to tryout and who ever plays well makes the team doesnt that make sense? cuz you cant just name players there are other good players too you just probably havent heard alot about them
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:04 pm

[quote="goharder42"]i think to determine the players each coach from each team should send 3 players to tryout and who ever plays well makes the team doesnt that make sense? cuz you cant just name players there are other good players too you just probably havent heard alot about them[/quote]

Yea this is true but for the most part the usual suspects make the roster in most All star games.
    *Baller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by *Baller Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:24 pm

first off all myles is overated!!!!!!
    second brampton guards can play with the sauga guards the only guard they have is RJ. Myles is OVERATED!!!!!
    paulo is better then myles.
    gunta
    Sophomore

Post by gunta Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:39 pm

[quote="stevelogan92"
    .[/quote]

Why are you so confident in the north? I think this would be a very good game. Yes, Brampton could win. But so can Mississauga. First off, not one of the Brampton guards can guard Myles, Marcus, or RJ.
    *Note* Mississauga's starting backcourt of Myles and Marcus beat up on Campion and Sandalwoods top players. Your Brampton squad has 6 D'Y players who needed overtime against a 2 man Gonzaga team. Add those two players with the rest of the Mississauga squad I'll take my chances with them.[/quote]

I am not into this mississauga and brampton b/s because there are some good players on both sides.
    1.Baller That team for the north is poop so put that list in the trash.
    2.Saying Myles is overrated is a bad statement but sorry i have to say james maybe the one over rated good player but need to work on his game.
    3. Stevelogan92 when DY played Goetz twice RJ was a no factor he was well guarded,when DY played Gonzaga Myles was doing great until Brandon H shut him down.Marcus is a one man recking ball i dont think anyone can guard him but you can put fresh players to make him run out of gas which is what Dy did, the threesome together is a good combination.
    For your info steve when gonzaga played Campion they had to split up their junior team to make 2 teams due to joan of arc droping out because they had no money lol.
    coachblue
    coachblue
    Senior

Post by coachblue Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:00 pm

i will restate: not saying sauga would win, but definitely not a blowout for btown as stated earlier
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:37 am

Is this only for Tier 1 teams or can Tier 2 players also be on team because I know Bramalea and Central Peel definitely have players that can do damage against Tier 1 guys.
    goharder42
    Freshman

Post by goharder42 Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:07 pm

jt wrote:Is this only for Tier 1 teams or can Tier 2 players also be on team because I know Bramalea and Central Peel definitely have players that can do damage against Tier 1 guys.

Yep thats true and they should be recgonized just cuz there in tier 2 doesnt mean they cant do damage and Marcus from Woodlands, Matthew Taylor from Chincaguosy big man from lincoln alexander aswell as the players from Bramalea and Central Peel like: Mubin Yakubu, Marcus Lewis, Shakiyl Cooper,Terrance Thomas these are very good players from tier 2
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:37 pm

Tier 2 guys should be recognized. If not Brampton would be excluding their best player.

Terrence Thomas is the best player in the North. Baljyot Judge a close second.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:44 am