HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+14
CantStopMe
nike
mrknowitall
smoothflow
*Baller
goharder42
stevelogan92
gator01
4realballer
coachblue
gunta
jt
JussBall
TheReal21
18 posters

Junior ROPSSAA Allstar Rosters ?

stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Junior ROPSSAA Allstar Rosters ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Junior ROPSSAA Allstar Rosters ?

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Gunta,

For your info Gonzaga beat Campion a second time in the Peel play-offs with Campions full roster.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Junior ROPSSAA Allstar Rosters ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Junior ROPSSAA Allstar Rosters ?

Post by stevelogan92 Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:56 pm

[quote="*Baller"]first off all myles is overated!!!!!!
    second brampton guards can play with the sauga guards the only guard they have is RJ. Myles is OVERATED!!!!!
    paulo is better then myles.[/quote]

Is Marcus Hanson not a guard? and I'll go out on a limb and say not one person in Peel can stop him on their own. Coaches in Peel junior focus a whole game plan on stopping Marcus.

Saying Myles is overrated just reveals the little knowledge of basketball you have. Myles runs an offence just as good as any PG in Peel. He is one of the best defensive Pg in Peel if not THE best. Why do you say Myls is overrated? because he doesnt score 20+ a game and people talk about him? Well hes a PG hes not supossed to pick up big scoring numbers.I bet you if Gonzaga kept stats of steals, turnovers caused, Assists, etc.. his numbers in those statistical categories would be better than any PG in Peel.

Even in the OBA season last year (Major Midget?) The Brampton teams do very poorly against the Mississauga teams head to head in AA and AAA. At This peticular age group I think Mississauga has the better talent. Now if we are discussing players at the Senior level then thats a completly different story, Brampton wins outright.
    smoothflow
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by smoothflow Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:30 pm

brampton is deeper
    TheReal21
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-09-13

Post by TheReal21 Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:57 pm

I agree with stevelogan92 that terrence may be the best point guard in the North. It is a very debatable argument.
    mrknowitall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-11-18

Post by mrknowitall Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:07 pm

its between

Marcus Hanson
    Bayljot judge
    Randy Oiahki
    Terrence thomas
    nike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2009-03-11

Post by nike Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 am

Treyvon Smalls should be on this from woodlands
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:01 am

[quote="TheReal21"]I agree with stevelogan92 that terrence may be the best point guard in the North. It is a very debatable argument.[/quote]

Now that I think of it. Terrence Thomas may be the best PG in Peel.
    4realballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2008-12-16

Post by 4realballer Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 pm

better then James, RJ, Myles, and Marcus i doubt it
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:03 pm

[quote="stevelogan92"][quote="TheReal21"]I agree with stevelogan92 that terrence may be the best point guard in the North. It is a very debatable argument.[/quote]

Now that I think of it. Terrence Thomas may be the best PG in Peel.[/quote]
    Hold up here what is wrong with you today?You always post reasonable stuff which is very interested.Terrence is good but dont go that far to say the best in peel.He could be in the top 5 but not the best.
    Sorry but i dont think he better than Myles or Marcus.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Marcus is a combo guard. So I dont consider him in the PG category.

Between Terrence and Myles you can make a case for either or. But I like Terrence slightly over Myles.

Myles top PG in the South. Terrence top PG in the North.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:54 pm

[quote="4realballer"]better then James, RJ, Myles, and Marcus i doubt it[/quote]

There is no comparison between Terrence and James. Terrence is better. RJ also isnt a great PG. He is a great player but more of a scorer. Marcus isnt even a PG. Myles you can make a case for.
    TheReal21
    Freshman

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-09-13

Post by TheReal21 Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:02 am

How about your opinions on the fowards in the North and South ?
    CantStopMe
    Freshman

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2009-12-14

Post by CantStopMe Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 am

stevelogan92 wrote:If they 3 juniors from Mount Carmel decided to play junior this year, I strongly believe they would comepete for first overall in the south and make a deep run at the Tier 1 Championship.

Your looking at a starting line up of Jason Lodenquai, Tyrell Rogers, Shane Thuraisingham, Cassidy Ryan. These guys would be able to comepete with any Junior team in Peel.

Talking about a Junior All Star game now. Mississauga would have the best backcourt in Myles and Marcus. Not to mention Mississauga would have the best Peel player period in Marcus.They would also have the bigs to match up with Brampton.

Mississauga Roster:
    Myles Charvis
    Marcus Hanson
    Tyrell Rogers
    Cassidy Ryan
    Nick Madray
    Jaylen Roberts
    Jerome Yumul
    Chadwick Stewart
    Jason Lodenquai
    RJ Ramirez
    Julian Johnson
    OKAY be real myles charvis shouldnt be on that list , chadwick stewart , jason lodenquai , tyrell rodges ( shouldnt count he played senior also with cassidy ryan)
    Your missing players like trey from joes, jovan - st marcilienes , jamil - pocock , adam- goetz , maybe paulo .
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:52 am

[quote="TheReal21"]How about your opinions on the fowards in the North and South ?[/quote]

The Forwards are stronger in the North.
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:01 am

Ok you be real Jovan, Jamil, Adam, and Paulo are not better then Myles,Chadwick, Jason.

Myles is the best PG in the south. Name someone better in the south?
    Chadwick put up big numbers this year.
    Jason is probably the most athletic player in all of Peel.

Tre yea maybe he could be included.
    Jovan is one of the laziest players in this age group. Alot of talent but looks disinterested.
    Jamil, Adam, Paulo are not even the next 3 best players after the the roster I have posted.
    gator01
    Freshman

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-27

Post by gator01 Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Last edited by gator01 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Gator1,

Although I am a South supporter. The north definately has the bigs who can match Madray. Baljyot, Randy, Devante, Denzel are all players who can match a soft Madray.
    mrknowitall
    Freshman

Post by mrknowitall Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:54 pm

baljyot and randy arent bigs

Last edited by mrknowitall on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:59 pm

They certainly play big.
    mrknowitall
    Freshman

Post by mrknowitall Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:03 pm

no they dont
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 pm

[quote="mrknowitall"]no they dont[/quote]
    Sorry i have to bite on this one,then who do you consider big or play big in the north if not those guys?
    mrknowitall
    Freshman

Post by mrknowitall Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:29 pm

no one ask you to put your 2 cents in this convo
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:04 am

[quote="mrknowitall"]no they dont[/quote]

So they play small?

Just because offensivly they can handle the ball on the perimeter they are not considered Bigs? They are both forwards. The same position Madray plays.
    rawmaterial
    Freshman

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2009-05-14

Post by rawmaterial Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:13 am

how is jovan lack disinterest ive seen him play and it looks like he plays with his heart... and tre should be on that list also, hes very talented
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:38 am

It looks like he plays with heart because rawmaterial you are Jovan Leamy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:06 pm