HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+2
TrueTalkz50
jt
6 posters

Bhullar Brothers getting major airplay

jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Bhullar Brothers getting major airplay Empty Bhullar Brothers getting major airplay

Post by jt Wed May 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Look at how many articles have been written about them in the last couple of days, from big papers like USA Times, Rivals.com, yahoo and them. I hear they are doing well and improving a lot in the states, hopefully good move for them to go to school there:

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1087336

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/05/7-foot-brothers-from-india-could-be-college-hoops-next-twin-towers/1

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/67221/indian_brothers_inspiring_gigantic_hoops_hype

Manz are huge still, I wonder if they will grow anymore:

Sim, 17, is 7-4, 285 pounds.

Tanveer, only 15, is 7-2, 260 pounds.
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Bhullar Brothers getting major airplay Empty Re: Bhullar Brothers getting major airplay

Post by TrueTalkz50 Wed May 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Yo when did he left to go prep from henry carr and what grade he's in and does he live in btown ot toronto ,man that guy is huge and he's improving every year Question Shocked
    jt
    Sophomore

Bhullar Brothers getting major airplay Empty Re: Bhullar Brothers getting major airplay

Post by jt Wed May 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Yeah I hear mad improvements since Henry Carr, I guess a Prep School in States really does help. Look at how many Division I schools are mentioned in articles looking at them.

Naw they live in B Town still, just going to Carr cause we all know how much Carr loves to steal B town players haha.
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Post by TrueTalkz50 Wed May 26, 2010 9:40 pm

jt Henry carr doesn't steal players fram brampton they attract players from b town thay attract players from jane and finch where i use to live,donwsview ,rexdale,maltonetc,yo they just have better transfer rules and better basketball programs that attract players ,if d'youville or campion had a basketball program and better transfer rules ,than nuff manz wouldn't leave those schools and players from all over peel would reach to these schools.GET WHAT iM SAYING,THAT'S WHY PEEL DON'T HAVE POWERHOUSES,the school is so popular that some b town manz think carr is in b town .
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Wed May 26, 2010 10:07 pm

"the school is so popular that some b town manz think carr is in b town .."

haha yea man I hear you still...good to see other people on board that know what the real deal is with btown, before ppl just thought im only one sayin how btown would be one of the best if not the best in GTA if all their players stayed and started going to just a couple of schools in Peel and not spread out everywhere.

Trust me I know I originally came from T dot too so I know how many toronto manz are up in btown now
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Wed May 26, 2010 10:41 pm

Open borders for a school athletic program = any resident within the board's boundaries, not anywhere in the GTA.

I guess so many players and schools have treated this rule with contempt that everyone just assumes it's ok to recruit players from anywhere. Rolling Eyes
    Mr Bean
    Freshman

Number of posts : 131
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Mr Bean Thu May 27, 2010 6:47 am

jt and Peel Fan are making me like Henry Carr more and more. What is it with you two? If either of you were interested in reality then you could do some research on the TCDSB website regarding admissions:

"Non-Toronto students, who are residents in Ontario, may be admitted to TCDSB secondary school without payment of a fee if there is space available." Is that not crystal clear enough for you Peel Fan? Stop accusing schools and parents of lying or cheating.

If anybody is lying it is in Peel where many students are using fake addresses to gain admission. I want to see jt and Peel Fan deny that.

Last but not least, if Peel was so wonderful, why do you think so many choose to go elsewhere?
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Thu May 27, 2010 11:34 am

Mr Bean I have already told them this, Henry Carr and MT have very low populations (likely because of stigmas associated with their areas), so you see that part about 'if there is space available, the have AMPLE space to take in students. Do your research Carrs population allows them to play AA if they wish.
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Thu May 27, 2010 2:33 pm

ENOUGH WITH THE TRANSFER POLICY TALK, ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING...............
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Post by TrueTalkz50 Thu May 27, 2010 3:22 pm

mr Bean is right stilll,all tcdsb highschools can get people to attend their school if ther's space available.My point is that that it's hard for players who want to attend another school in brampton(public or catholic) to transfer to that school,and for that reason players turn to schools in toronto,that have good basketball programs,particularly catholic schools becuase they have the open boundary policy to all residents in ontario,so due to this transfer rule ,this prevents schools to get players from all over peel.At the end of the day it's up to player to chosse what school they want to attend,but its hard to do so in peel ,even if players want to stay in peel regionI know on the east side of toronto players from pickering /ajax attend pope john paul in scarborough and its not just carr that gets all the transfers. Laughing
    i love ball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 193
    Registration date : 2010-03-01

Post by i love ball Thu May 27, 2010 5:46 pm

lets take it to this question....... NBA???????

YES OR NO..... WILL SIM MAKE NBA? WILL TANVIR MAKE NBA???
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Post by TrueTalkz50 Thu May 27, 2010 7:14 pm

it could be possible if they continue to work hard,and improve but I'm predicting the younger brother is more likely going to make it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:44 pm