HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+8
kobee24
NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
bball272
TrueTalkz50
rerun
jt
Yorkregionballer
steve.nash1
12 posters

Why does every POST turn into trash talk between Peel guys?

steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Why does every POST turn into trash talk between Peel guys? Empty Why does every POST turn into trash talk between Peel guys?

Post by steve.nash1 Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:41 am

If you read most of the posts in the forum you notice that it usually turns into a debate about Sandalwood, Fletchers, DY.
    Some team from Peel.
    Yorkregionballer
    Freshman

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2010-12-02

Why does every POST turn into trash talk between Peel guys? Empty Re: Why does every POST turn into trash talk between Peel guys?

Post by Yorkregionballer Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 am

steve.nash1 wrote:If you read most of the posts in the forum you notice that it usually turns into a debate about Sandalwood, Fletchers, DY.
    Some team from Peel.

because peel is . never will be good in basketball EVER!!!
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Why does every POST turn into trash talk between Peel guys? Empty Re: Why does every POST turn into trash talk between Peel guys?

Post by jt Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:37 pm

hahaha u got to be kiddin me york region as a WHOLE is wack, only two good schools vaughan and dennison and dennison will be wack next year too.

Come on man put the york all star team against peel and you will see what happens, look at what peel allstars did to durham last won by 30+ points.

Even this year with all the peel manz in prep I bet that we would still beat york on top of that you guys have ur two best players, wiggins and pangos, who didnt go to states while I can name you at least 50 PEEL manz playing in states, i doubt if york region even has 5 prep players in states
    rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:51 pm

There is some truth to what JT is saying. Peel region has lost a lot of players over the past three years which has really depleted the talent pool in that area. To be honest, Durham has probably been the biggest benefactor from the prep school exodus down south. Schools like J Clarke, Anderson and even to a lesser degree Pine Ridge and Notre Dame have made noise since this recent phenomena.

Dyouville would have had some amazing teams built around Tristan Thompson if there wasn't such a movement down south.
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Agree with jt and rerun alot of peel players or probably more than half the good player peel had has left to prep and also people should not be trashing peel becuase thier the second best region in the gta behind toronto they have alot of schools that are good and descent withinn the last five years thiers been numerous peel schools that made hm or top 16 ( eg campion dyouville goetz bcss.As well thier only one powerhouse school in vaughan which is vaughan and dension is good because of kevin pangos so i dont really know what your talkin about yorkregionballer. As well you would be suprised of the amount of peel players that go to toronto schools.I wonder how peel basketball would have been if thier were no transfere rules and ballers can go to which school they wanna go and is not forced to go to prep or toronto school thier would be atleast four or five powerhouse schools in the brampton area and probably two in missauga .Plus yorkregion baller alot of peel crushed durham region by 30 last year in the gta allstars tournament at ryerson and the majority of peel players went to 8-10 different schools and in durham maybe four at most. Aswell peel have the top 20 and 40 allstars from the north and south whether they play tier one or two, to compete against eachother afterthe regualar basketball season in ropssa so they can get noticed if necessary, I bet york doesnt do that so dont say peel basketball isnt good because thier is alot of talent and people on this forum should not.Peace folks Very Happy
    bball272
    Freshman

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post by bball272 Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:10 pm

[quote="rerun"]There is some truth to what JT is saying. Peel region has lost a lot of players over the past three years which has really depleted the talent pool in that area. To be honest, Durham has probably been the biggest benefactor from the prep school exodus down south. Schools like J Clarke, Anderson and even to a lesser degree Pine Ridge and Notre Dame have made noise since this recent phenomena.

Dyouville would have had some amazing teams built around Tristan Thompson if there wasn't such a movement down south. [/quote]

Why do you use big words just to sound smart? To be honest it sounds silly when you use words like benefactor and exodus to describe players moving to prep schools, but when you use them incorrectly it just makes you seem stupid.
    Yorkregionballer
    Freshman

Post by Yorkregionballer Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:14 pm

jt wrote:hahaha u got to be kiddin me york region as a WHOLE is wack, only two good schools vaughan and dennison and dennison will be wack next year too.

Come on man put the york all star team against peel and you will see what happens, look at what peel allstars did to durham last won by 30+ points.

Even this year with all the peel manz in prep I bet that we would still beat york on top of that you guys have ur two best players, wiggins and pangos, who didnt go to states while I can name you at least 50 PEEL manz playing in states, i doubt if york region even has 5 prep players in states

youre wack wtf you dont have to be good to go to prep you can stay in canada and still get divison 1 offers ex. Marcus henry (miliken mills) william ceaser (milikien mlls) and peel is wack like wtf are you guys i dont even know why u peel manz are even aloud on hooptown waste of my time to write anymore to ur dumbass and ur dumbass comment
    TrueTalkz50
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 393
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by TrueTalkz50 Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:23 pm

yure yorkregion stfu peel wud eat york region with the players we have so dont slip nuff manz in peel habve talent and thier talent shud be talked about on hooptown i dunt know why u hating yu shud come wacth a peel game, even alot of these peel players yu dissing rite now play on some good teamz brampton, bounce st davids. Suspect and peel has some great coaches. i bet yu from markam and or some place and is not talked alot on dis site.Their been many peel playesr in the last years that have stayed in canad and have went to d1 schools in the states more than york region so stop crying
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 338
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:29 pm

To say that an all peel team would beat the all york team this year is absolutely 100% pure foolishness. Kevin Pangos and Andrew Wiggins on one team? Basically you take the #1 team in the gta right now which is Vaughan and are adding Kevin Pangos to it, and you expect an all peel team to beat them? Come back to reality jt right now you are completely far gone.
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post by jt Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:47 pm

York can have wiggins and pangos, but let us bring back all of our prep players and york can bring back all the prep players and then talk, oh wait i forgot york has no prep players haha

Anyways watch york region going to be suss next year when wiggins goes prep and pagos goes to uni, then talk to us haha peel still going to be consistent every year dont matter how many players we lose to prep
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:54 pm

"If 'ifs' and 'buts' were cherries and nuts then nobody would ever go hungry." Were not talking about bringing back anybody were playing in the right here right now. I played in the tdcaa I could care less about york region or peel, but right now in this universe peel loses to york plain and simple.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:55 pm

And on another note, the city of Toronto would have the best team out of everyone because how many of your 'peel' players were born in peel? Pretty sure I could say the same for durham and york. Players move around, deal with it and stop crying.
    Yorkregionballer
    Freshman

Post by Yorkregionballer Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Last edited by Yorkregionballer on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kobee24
    Freshman

Number of posts : 221
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post by kobee24 Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:09 pm

lmfaoooo this convo is killin' me ahahaha

honestly all i really gotta say is that even though peel is in their weakest year of the last 3 or 4 - they still arent crap they have 3-5 legit teams who can bang... and all york has 2 ----- fletchers lost to denison by 2 points in a game they shouldve won.
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE
    Sophomore

Post by NEVAQUITNEVALOSE Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Yorkregionballer wrote:
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE wrote:"If 'ifs' and 'buts' were cherries and nuts then nobody would ever go hungry." Were not talking about bringing back anybody were playing in the right here right now. I played in the tdcaa I could care less about york region or peel, but right now in this universe peel loses to york plain and simple.

INTERSTEING NO PREP PLAYERS Shocked Shocked YOURE a IDOT you ever heard of brandon bos,dingyl walker think before you say things you dont know

I actually never named any players so what do you mean I'm an idiot?
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:46 pm

he wasnt talking to you LMAOOO.... but i must say you seeem a little shook .. ahaha
    Yorkregionballer
    Freshman

Post by Yorkregionballer Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:46 pm

NEVAQUITNEVALOSE wrote:
    Yorkregionballer wrote:
    NEVAQUITNEVALOSE wrote:"If 'ifs' and 'buts' were cherries and nuts then nobody would ever go hungry." Were not talking about bringing back anybody were playing in the right here right now. I played in the tdcaa I could care less about york region or peel, but right now in this universe peel loses to york plain and simple.

INTERSTEING NO PREP PLAYERS Shocked Shocked YOURE a IDOT you ever heard of brandon bos,dingyl walker think before you say things you dont know

I actually never named any players so what do you mean I'm an idiot?

LOL MY BAD WRONG GUYS IT FOR JT
    Yorkregionballer
    Freshman

Post by Yorkregionballer Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 pm

jt wrote:York can have wiggins and pangos, but let us bring back all of our prep players and york can bring back all the prep players and then talk, oh wait i forgot york has no prep players haha

Anyways watch york region going to be suss next year when wiggins goes prep and pagos goes to uni, then talk to us haha peel still going to be consistent every year dont matter how many players we lose to prep

Yorkregionballer
    Freshman

Post by Yorkregionballer Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:48 pm

kobee24 wrote:lmfaoooo this convo is killin' me ahahaha

honestly all i really gotta say is that even though peel is in their weakest year of the last 3 or 4 - they still arent crap they have 3-5 legit teams who can bang... and all york has 2 ----- fletchers lost to denison by 2 points in a game they shouldve won.

youre foolish for saying that kobee24 i respect you and all but that was foolish cmon only 2 we have milliken mills,st thersea, and st jean brebeuf
    kobee24
    Freshman

Post by kobee24 Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:33 pm

my baddd dawgieee i confuse those teams with other regions however jean brebeuf is questionable
    Alwaysthetruth
    Freshman

Number of posts : 121
    Registration date : 2009-11-02

Post by Alwaysthetruth Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:58 pm

Wow, this is the most ignorant post, I have ever read on Hooptown. Its a shame that you would think benefactor and exodus are big words. You are entitled to your basketball opinions but to call an adult sounding silly or trying to sound smart just because he is educated is embarrasing.

Rerun is totally right, its a crazy phenomenon, that we do have a great exodus of players and durham region has benefited greatly from this.

My mother always said to, kill them with kindness. Rerun, continue posting informative post that make sense and educate the ignorant people. My advice "kill them with 'EDUCATION"

Keep these post to basketball not ignorance or foolishness. The only thing that was foolish was someone thinking exodus and benefactor were big words.

Big up rerun for all you do, on and off the court. Bball272 you are the uneducated foolish person, who does not sound smart at all, but much rather ignorant. Again leave it to basketball.

bball272 wrote:
    rerun wrote:There is some truth to what JT is saying. Peel region has lost a lot of players over the past three years which has really depleted the talent pool in that area. To be honest, Durham has probably been the biggest benefactor from the prep school exodus down south. Schools like J Clarke, Anderson and even to a lesser degree Pine Ridge and Notre Dame have made noise since this recent phenomena.

Dyouville would have had some amazing teams built around Tristan Thompson if there wasn't such a movement down south.

Why do you use big words just to sound smart? To be honest it sounds silly when you use words like benefactor and exodus to describe players moving to prep schools, but when you use them incorrectly it just makes you seem stupid.
    steve.nash1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post by steve.nash1 Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:27 pm

..........more PEEL talk....I told you guys.... they are like a virus

bball272
    Freshman

Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post by bball272 Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:42 pm

[quote="Alwaysthetruth"]Wow, this is the most ignorant post, I have ever read on Hooptown. Its a shame that you would think benefactor and exodus are big words. You are entitled to your basketball opinions but to call an adult sounding silly or trying to sound smart just because he is educated is embarrasing.

Rerun is totally right, its a crazy phenomenon, that we do have a great exodus of players and durham region has benefited greatly from this.

My mother always said to, kill them with kindness. Rerun, continue posting informative post that make sense and educate the ignorant people. My advice "kill them with 'EDUCATION"

Keep these post to basketball not ignorance or foolishness. The only thing that was foolish was someone thinking exodus and benefactor were big words.

Big up rerun for all you do, on and off the court. Bball272 you are the uneducated foolish person, who does not sound smart at all, but much rather ignorant. Again leave it to basketball.

[quote="bball272"][quote="rerun"]There is some truth to what JT is saying. Peel region has lost a lot of players over the past three years which has really depleted the talent pool in that area. To be honest, Durham has probably been the biggest benefactor from the prep school exodus down south. Schools like J Clarke, Anderson and even to a lesser degree Pine Ridge and Notre Dame have made noise since this recent phenomena.

Dyouville would have had some amazing teams built around Tristan Thompson if there wasn't such a movement down south. [/quote]

Why do you use big words just to sound smart? To be honest it sounds silly when you use words like benefactor and exodus to describe players moving to prep schools, but when you use them incorrectly it just makes you seem stupid. [/quote][/quote]

Ya i'm uneducated... So you're right they aren't big words for me, but for you two they clearly are because benefactor was most CERTAINLY used incorrectly. And in my opinion somebody does seem silly if they use a more complicated word incorrectly instead of just using a simple word that still make sense.

However I do agree with you that it was quite an ignorant post, because I thought rerun was just another highschool baller trying to sound smart on this forum, but if you are in fact an educated adult who made a simple mistake my apologies.

rerun
    Senior

Number of posts : 958
    Registration date : 2008-07-25

Post by rerun Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:34 pm

Bball272,

I normally would not respond to something like this but I' confused here. If you honestly thought I was a high school kid, why would you would want to attack me for using a word incorrectly. It wasn't even a big mistake...noticed i said big mistake and not egregious error. For the record, exodus was used properly and benefactor wasn't, however, again why would you want to attack someone you believed was a high school student for an incorrect word usuage and not the content of the post. Where's whatupdawg when you need him? BOW WOW

Hey! Lesson learned...I will no longer try to defend JT...even when he is making some sense..LOL. I will definitely try to stay out of Peel talk whenever possible because y'all to intense for me.

Back to Basketball!!!! The Exam week is almost over and we are getting close to moving season and playoffs.
    acie earl 55
    acie earl 55
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 312
    Registration date : 2008-07-13

Post by acie earl 55 Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Is Tristan like 42 now? Didn't he leave Brampton two diplomas and a degree ago? I thought his son is in Grade Nine at D'y now! Let it go.

I'm waiting for the Peel boys to go on about the time one of their schools won OFSAA. Too bad that hasn't ever happened . . .

Maybe I should look at the Girls section to see if JT givin some love there . . . wait - they ain't no provincial champs on the girls side either.

You can talk all you want about the quality of players that have left Peel and "what could have been". The reality is - it hasn't happened. It won't happen. I give the Raps winning a championship (even the prestigious Atlantic Division Title!) or and NFL team coming to Toronto better odds.

Peel IS producing more talent than York Region. BUT the number of people in such a small area with virtually the same number of schools should be producing two or three times the numbers.

Go Carr! I believe!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:13 am