HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+6
Xavier Rimrocker
radio
rvd1018
estebanwilliamos
Prime Time
drue33
10 posters

Peel Playoffs Tier 1 Schedule/Results

drue33
    Freshman

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2009-09-26

Peel Playoffs Tier 1 Schedule/Results Empty Peel Playoffs Tier 1 Schedule/Results

Post by drue33 Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:09 pm

8 @ 1 Philip Pocock @ D’youville - thurs march 1 3:30pm*

7 @ 2 Gonzaga @ Father Goetz - thurs march 1 3:30pm*

6 @ 3 Campion @ St Roch - thurs march 1 3:30pm*

5 @ 4 St Francis Xavier @ Ascension - thurs march 1 3:30pm*
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Peel Playoffs Tier 1 Schedule/Results Empty Re: Peel Playoffs Tier 1 Schedule/Results

Post by Prime Time Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:19 am

The only team that has a chance on winning on the road today is Campion. D'Youville, Goetz, and Ascension will all take care of business.

The semis will be interesting:

Ascension @ D'Youville

Campion/St. Roch @ Goetz
    estebanwilliamos
    Freshman

Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2011-01-20

Peel Playoffs Tier 1 Schedule/Results Empty Re: Peel Playoffs Tier 1 Schedule/Results

Post by estebanwilliamos Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:09 pm

St. Aloysius Gonzaga 36 @ Father Goetz 88
    Philip Pocock 32 @ St. Marguerite d'Youville 50
    St. Edmund Campion 44 @ St. Roch 53
    St. Francis Xavier 39 @ Ascension 68
    rvd1018
    Junior

Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by rvd1018 Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Semis: all on march 5th
    Ascension @ D'Y
    St.Roch @ Goetz
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Post by Prime Time Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:49 am

The home teams all won. Goetz and d'Youville will both take care of business on their home courts on Monday.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:55 pm

gonna be a great final if goetz and d'y advance....goetz seniors upset number one seeded d'y at home..and d'y already has a 2-0 record against goetz in close games at tourneys this year...gonna be good...and if goetz does advance gonna be their second year straight heading to the finals!
    radio
    Freshman

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by radio Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Sometimes i wonder when big men and women sit at a table to decide things if they used their heads.
    Why is it ROPSSAA could not of put the junior finals on Thursday 8th.
    The OFSSAA bronze game is at 6pm gold is 8pm on wednesday wow i wonder what the turn out would be like at sheridan especially when adults have to pay $10.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Number of posts : 2073
    Registration date : 2008-07-26

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:34 am

radio wrote:Sometimes i wonder when big men and women sit at a table to decide things if they used their heads.
    The OFSSAA bronze game is at 6pm gold is 8pm on wednesday wow i wonder what the turn out would be like at sheridan especially when adults have to pay $10.

They didn't use their heads because large numbers of fans from the two schools are going to drive five hours to Ottawa or sit at home and watch on a computer? Doubtful.

The turnout will be fine since almost all the tickets are sold through the two schools to their student body, teachers, and family members of the players. OFSAA is not an issue for thew vast majority of them.

Moving to Thursday would actually ensure a lower crowd since it's even closer to March Break and, like it or not, the slow exodus from school usually begins a couple of days before the actual vacation starts.
    Mu2
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post by Mu2 Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:52 am

i think the bigger question is, why can't the playoffs be over with already? why are the junior teams still play? they should have finished their playoffs last week.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:55 am

radio
    Freshman

Post by radio Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:49 pm

[quote="Xavier Rimrocker"][quote="radio"]Sometimes i wonder when big men and women sit at a table to decide things if they used their heads.
    The OFSSAA bronze game is at 6pm gold is 8pm on wednesday wow i wonder what the turn out would be like at sheridan especially when adults have to pay $10.[/quote]

They didn't use their heads because large numbers of fans from the two schools are going to drive five hours to Ottawa or sit at home and watch on a computer? Doubtful.

The turnout will be fine since almost all the tickets are sold through the two schools to their student body, teachers, and family members of the players. OFSAA is not an issue for thew vast majority of them.

Moving to Thursday would actually ensure a lower crowd since it's even closer to March Break and, like it or not, the slow exodus from school usually begins a couple of days before the actual vacation starts.[/quote]

You seem to have excuse for everything so how come in 2010 the junior tier1,junior tier2 and senior tier1 playoff ended at sheridan the same night and the charge was $7.00.
    How come now the playoff can't end the same time and they charge $10.00 adult and $5.00 students per playoff game.To me it is all about money because if they wanted the playoff to end the same time it can be planned.

Xavier Rimrocker i consider you a very educated person who seem to know alot about basketball but enough with the excuses,how about saying maybe this is something Ropssaa should look into and should try to end the basketball playoff before Ofssaa starts this way the seniors can try to take some of their juniors.
    Peel is a strong region lets try to improved all aspects of all sports.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:06 pm

So if person criticizes ROPSSAA they are telling it like it is but if they support a decision, it's making excuses? That's a rather one-sided view of things. Just because you see things differently doesn't mean the other view has an agenda.
    radio
    Freshman

Post by radio Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:23 pm

[quote="Xavier Rimrocker"]So if person criticizes ROPSSAA they are telling it like it is but if they support a decision, it's making excuses? That's a rather one-sided view of things. Just because you see things differently doesn't mean the other view has an agenda.[/quote]
    I may have used the wrong word "excuse" but it always seems like you have an answer for everything Ropssa or not but it is a forum and you have your views, so you came back and respond your way how come you did not address the fact that in 2010 there were 3 playoff the same night and the price was $7.00 and it all took place before Ofssaa.Everywhere else can do it why not Peel.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:40 pm

radio wrote:I may have used the wrong word "excuse" but it always seems like you have an answer for everything Ropssa or not but it is a forum and you have your views, so you came back and respond your way how come you did not address the fact that in 2010 there were 3 playoff the same night and the price was $7.00 and it all took place before Ofssaa.Everywhere else can do it why not Peel.

No, I don't have an answer for everything ROPSSAA. I had a possible answer for this issue but you seem to have taken this as a blanket defense of ROPSSAA.

You are wrong about the Tier 1 Senior and the Tier 1 Junior final being held on the same day in 2010. The senior final was on March 1st, 2010 and the junior final was on March 10, 2010. They were also on a different day last year and, as far back as I can remember, the senior tier 1 final always took place a week to ten days before the junior final.

http://web.archive.org/web/20100401004041/http://www.peelschools.org/ropssaa/winter/documents/playoffsbasketballseniortier1.pdf
    http://web.archive.org/web/20100401031854/http://www.peelschools.org/ropssaa/winter/documents/playoffsbasketballjuniortier1.pdf

I can't speak to the costs directly but I do know that the loss of the Coke contract caused a reduction in funds redirected to ROPSSAA by the school boards so events must have full cost recovery built into the budget. That, plus any inflation from two years of increased costs (venue, refs, police, et.) likely accounts for the price difference but, as I mentioned, I don't know the specifics of the event budget.

radio
    Freshman

Post by radio Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:56 pm

you are correct seniors played on the 1st 2010 ,but there were 3 playoff games on the 10th Bantam,junior tier2 and junior tier 1.
    Xavier Rimrocker
    Xavier Rimrocker
    All-Star

Post by Xavier Rimrocker Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:08 pm

radio wrote:you are correct seniors played on the 1st 2010 ,but there were 3 playoff games on the 10th Bantam,junior tier2 and junior tier 1.

Which simply confirms my point that ROPSSAA always delays its junior playoffs until after the tier 1 senior playoffs are finished, due to the need to finish the former in time for the OFSAA entry deadline. Whether one agrees with this is another issue but the point stands as to the consistency of ROPSSAA's scheduling history.
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Post by Prime Time Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Results from today?
    Ballislife25
    Freshman

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2010-12-09

Post by Ballislife25 Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Dy won 60-40
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:22 pm

score for goetz vs st.roch?
    dybball
    Freshman

Number of posts : 210
    Registration date : 2009-09-16

Post by dybball Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:43 pm

goetz won by 15
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:43 pm

gonna be a sweet final!!
    Prime Time
    Sophomore

Post by Prime Time Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:41 am

The final will be worth the price of admission. The two best junior teams in Peel will be playing.

Any predictions?
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 pm

goetz is gonna be goin so hard, they hve already lost two close tourney games to them but this is the game tht means the most...i say goetz takes it just like their seniors!! just my opinion.
    drue33
    Freshman

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2009-09-26

Post by drue33 Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:49 pm

March 5 - Semi Finals
    Ascension 40 @ D’youville 60
    St Roch 62 @ Father Goetz 77

FINAL- Wed March 7 at Sherdan College, Brampton
    Father Goetz vs D’youville
    radio
    Freshman

Post by radio Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:08 pm

[quote="rvd1018"]goetz is gonna be goin so hard, they hve already lost two close tourney games to them but this is the game tht means the most...i say goetz takes it just like their seniors!! just my opinion.[/quote]

Its payback time i predict the Dy juniors will send Gotez back to Mississauga and send them a message for next year seniors.Goetz supporters should wear white to surrender to DY.
    The sad thing DY will have no supporters so i can't say wear black, it will be pass their bed time.
    The challenge is on for Dy supporters Brampton vs Mississauga come show which city can make noise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 am