HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+21
Coach Troy
*Baller
observernba
CantStopMe
Xavier Rimrocker
JussBall
wildcatball
Basketball.
4realballer
bigleagues
nike
FlowerCityHoops
ballhard99
mrknowitall
Peel Fan
smoothflow
gunta
baller000
jt
stevelogan92
rvd1018
25 posters

Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs

rvd1018
    Junior

Number of posts : 611
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs Empty Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs

Post by rvd1018 Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Seeds:
    1. Campion
    2. Joes
    3. Flecthers
    4. Goetz
    5. D'Y
    6. Joan of Arc
    7. Ascension
    8. Gonzaga
    9. Sandalwood
    10. St. Marcellinus
    11. Turner Fenton
    12. St. Martin

PRELIMINARIES
    A 12 @ 5
    D'youville 79 St. martin 38

B 11 @ 6
    St. joan of arc 60 Turner Fenton 56

* tf defeated staug 45-43 in tiebreaker

C 10 @ 7
    st. marcellinus 66 ascension 62 tues march 2 3:30pm*

D 9 @ 8
    gonzaga 48 sandalwood 35

QUARTERs
    E Winner D @ 1
    Gonzaga 48 @ campion 46

F Winner C @ 2
    st. marcellinus 47 @ st. joseph 67

G Winner B @ 3
    St.Joan of Arc 55 @ fletcher's meadow 66

H Winner A @ 4
    D'Youville 66 @ father goetz 56

SEMI FINALS
    I Gonzaga 47 @ D'Youville 57
    J Fletchers Meadow 46 @ St.Joes 47

Finals
    K D'Youville 50 vs Fletchers 45 weds march 10

Last edited by rvd1018 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:07 am; edited 11 times in total
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs Empty Re: Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs

Post by stevelogan92 Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:53 pm

A D'Y Goetz quarterfinal is gonna be huge
    jt
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs Empty Re: Peel Tier One Playoffs - D'Y Tier One Champs

Post by jt Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:10 pm

I heard D'Ys starting PG was injured, is that guy back? Looks like now it will be Goetz chance to get revenge in their home court against D'Y after what happened to Seniors.
    baller000
    Freshman

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

Post by baller000 Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Predictions???
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:19 pm

[quote="jt"]I heard D'Ys starting PG was injured, is that guy back? Looks like now it will be Goetz chance to get revenge in their home court against D'Y after what happened to Seniors.[/quote]
    Information incase you did not know Dy beat Goetz in Rimrocker,PG is back.
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Was it a close match or what? I keep hearing about Goetz have really good junors. I guess D'Y has some good juniors too. I still can't belive how D'Y lost to to Turner in final match of season. Does anyone have insight into how that happened?
    gunta
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 373
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

Post by gunta Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:27 pm

[quote="jt"]Was it a close match or what? I keep hearing about Goetz have really good junors. I guess D'Y has some good juniors too. I still can't belive how D'Y lost to to Turner in final match of season. Does anyone have insight into how that happened?[/quote]

Take a read in the rimrocker section you will see the score,i have seen goetz 4 times and all they have is RJ.
    smoothflow
    Freshman

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by smoothflow Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:28 pm

i heard turner fenton won off a tip in at the buzzewr, their a underrated team but they play 2 3 zone against the teams so that they can keep the games close
    jt
    Sophomore

Post by jt Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:33 pm

Whatever Turner doing they should keep it up because they beating some heavy teams as of late.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 580
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Peel Fan Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 am

Prediction time:

D'Youville wins easily over Martins.
    Joan of Arc squeaks by Turner's zone.
    Ascension over Marcellinus comfortably
    Sandalwood takes down the one-man Gonzaga team

Campion is a close finish over Sandalwood
    Joes over Ascension
    Fletcher's beats Joan of Arc
    D'Youville repeats their Rimrocker win over Goetz

D'Youville gets revenge over Campion
    Joes takes Fletcher's

Joes beats D'Youville in a close final to show why they are the most underrated team in the GTA.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:44 pm

i agree with ur predictions...D'y Goetz game gonna me mad sicck..goetz home crowd gonna go wild ...gonna be a close game...tht game i think can go both ways..
    mrknowitall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-11-18

Post by mrknowitall Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:58 pm

whos going to stop Brandon and #33 on goetz?
    ballhard99
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2009-12-15

Post by ballhard99 Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Peel fan have you seen st joes play ?
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:47 pm

My first round upset is Gonzaga over Sandalwood even thought Gonzaga is the home team. Sandalwood is probably expected to win by most.

If Gonzaga comes in with a mindset to get into a run and gun game with Sandalwood they have a shot. Like I said before Sandalwood is only 5 deep and their big.

On the other hand

If Sandalwood wants to win this game they need to use their bigs and pound the block. Do not get into a track meet with Gonzaga and slow the game down.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Post by Peel Fan Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:43 pm

stevelogan92 wrote:If Gonzaga comes in with a mindset to get into a run and gun game with Sandalwood they have a shot. Like I said before Sandalwood is only 5 deep and their big.

One could argue that Gonzaga is only one deep. That's why sandalwood is the clear favourite, IMO.
    Peel Fan
    Peel Fan
    Sophomore

Post by Peel Fan Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:44 pm

ballhard99 wrote:Peel fan have you seen st joes play ?

I have. They are very athletic and their offense is multi-dimensional. It;s a shame they only played in one big name tournament (Hoop it up) because they certainly would have been ranked in the top 10 if they received more exposure.
    FlowerCityHoops
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-02-19

Post by FlowerCityHoops Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Does anyone know who won the tie breaker between Turner Fenton and St. Augustine?

The game is supposed to be today.
    nike
    Freshman

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2009-03-11

Post by nike Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:55 pm

i heard turner fenton won
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:32 pm

[quote="Peel Fan"][quote="stevelogan92"]If Gonzaga comes in with a mindset to get into a run and gun game with Sandalwood they have a shot. Like I said before Sandalwood is only 5 deep and their big.[/quote]

One could argue that Gonzaga is only one deep. That's why sandalwood is the clear favourite, IMO.[/quote]

Ofcourse Sandalwood is the clear favourite. There is no argument from me.

but,

Gonzaga also has Myles Charvis. A Great point guard with great defence. If he can put on ball pressure on the Sandalwood point guard; While Marcus Hanson works to try to shut down Baljyot, Sandalwood will have a very hard time generating offence.

Myles and Marcus are one of the best backcourts in the GTA and Ontario at the Junior level. If these two have a great game they will have a shot at the upset.
    FlowerCityHoops
    Freshman

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-02-19

Post by FlowerCityHoops Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:38 am

My money's on Gonzaga

Even though Marcus and Myles seem to be the only consistent scorers on that team, they do have some role players who will pick up the slack in other aspects of the game.

And let's not count out the fact that Marcus is probably one of the most difficult players in the GTA to contain at this level. Plus he's great at keeping himself out of foul trouble. No matter what team he plays, he'll give them fits defensively. IMO I believe this game will go to the team that plays a full 32 minutes of ball. Gonzaga definitely can do that.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:42 pm

turner fenton defeated st. augustine 45-43
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:07 pm

St. Martin 38 @ St. Marguerite d'Youville 79
    Sandalwood 35 @ St. Aloysius Gonzaga 48
    Turner Fenton 56 @ St. Joan of Arc 60
    bigleagues
    Freshman

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2010-02-11

Post by bigleagues Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:41 pm

D'youville might win. Or you never know ther could be an upset.
    rvd1018
    Junior

Post by rvd1018 Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:52 pm

St. Marcellinus 66 @ Ascension 62
    stevelogan92
    Senior

Post by stevelogan92 Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:57 pm

Gonzaga has a real shot at the semi finals.

Did anybody watch the game between Sandalwood and Gonzaga? If so could you please give a re cap.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:48 pm