HooptownGTA Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HooptownGTA Forums

The Greater Toronto Area High School Basketball Forums

+6
StraightOutBaller
GhostBall
baller1o1
basketball_west
StraightBallin
ABCballer123
10 posters

WEST UPDATE

ABCballer123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

WEST UPDATE Empty WEST UPDATE

Post by ABCballer123 Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:01 pm

There hasnt been much talk comming out of the west lately and what are ur guys opinions on the playoff picture

Runnymede/Weston: Runnymede is very solid and Abdi Iman is a good scorer.Weston is a great overall team and had Ricardo Francais to lock abdi down so it should me a good game.

Silverthorn/Martingrove:Martin grove has many key players and have lost one game all year.Silverthorn has Garry Dunlop who has stepped up alot lately.He was a allstar at the richview tourny and dropped 25 on harvey in therer first game back.

Thisletown/Vaughn Road:Thistle town did beat the #1 martingrove team and has a solid team with a great player in guliad.Vaughn Road is a fast pace team with great D, and the combo of Tevin Turner and Rakin Franklin isnt an easy one to stop, this might be the best game in the first round of the playoffs

Richview/Kipling:Not much to say about this game other then Richview should win easily.It would be a huge upset if kipling could win.
    ABCballer123
    Freshman

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

WEST UPDATE Empty Re: WEST UPDATE

Post by ABCballer123 Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:24 pm

also does anyone have a new top 10 player list with players only on teams in the playoffs, here is mine:

1.Scott Morrison - A great talent with great skills.Best player on a very good Richview team and has led his team to an undefeated record.

2.Daniel Linton - A proven lock down defender, holding Garry to three points earlier in the season.Not to offensivly talented but gets many fast break buckets.

3.Garry Dunlop - At the Richview tourney scored 29 against st.annes, 20 with Duane Notice guarding him against st mikes and 18 against eastern commerce.Scored 25 against harvey first game back and looks like the best scorer in the west.

4.Suhkpreet Singh - Very good overall player, gets alot of steals and leads a good Martingrove team to a 9-1 Record.Scores alot of points but he does have a good suporting cast around him

5.T.J Rutty - a very underated player, a big reason to Richviews sucess.Good finisher, good rebounder and a great shot blocker.

6.Abdi Iman- A good play on runnymede.A good scorer and can finish around the bucket well for a guard. Very underated and is not well known.

7.Rakim ?- Very good finisher and is very athletic. runs the floor well and gets easy buckets.A solid defender and was a key factor in vaughn road almost defeating Richview.

8.Guliad Omar- Good size and great skill. In my opinion he is very underated and helped his team upset the #1 Martingrove team. Good scorer and is very good on defense.

9.Ricardo Francais - A lock down defender and a good overall player.Last year he locked down Scotty in the finals.Clutch player and it will be interesting to see how he matches up against abdi in the first round of the playoffs.

10.Tevin Turner - Cocky and arragant but none the less he is a great player.Very good ball handler and is a very streaky shooter but when hes on he ON. Can hogg the ball at times but none the less a good player.
    StraightBallin
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by StraightBallin Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:53 pm

Runnymede vs Weston: I think Weston will pull out a victory, Samuel will most likely be back in the lineup. He's a dominate force, but got no chance to show it this year.

Silverthorn vs Martingrove: Martingrove will win in my eyes, they have great defence, get easy baskets. However, when Sukhpreet left the team for India they did lose to TCI, so you never know what happens.

Thistletown vs Vaughn: Haven't seen either team play so can't make a prediction.

I agree with the top 10 player list. I could argue that Garry and Sukhpreet are going at it for scorer in the West however, they both put up a lot of points. We'll see what happens in their playoff game.

Also, I don't know who Rakim is.. who is he?

The rest I agree with.
    basketball_west
    Freshman

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by basketball_west Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:13 pm

Runnymede, Weston is a very tough match up. I think it will be a very close game both teams have key factors.Runnymede recentley beat a poor lakeshore team by only 2 points so it shows runnymede is not to consistant.They have a good player in abdi and is a good fast pace team but weston is a good defensive team so they wont be able to run up and down the court like they usually do.

Silverthorn and Martingrove will be very interseting. I dont think martingrove has a ''lockdown'' defender on the team team to stop Garry but i dont think Silverthorn has a good enough team to stop all of Martingrove.Maybe Silverthorn could suprise them but percentage wise i would have to say 60/40 for Martingrove

Thistletown and vaughn- i would have to say Vaughn Road is the more complete team so they would be my pick.

And Rakim is a talented foward who is Vaughn Roads leading scorer this year.

I agree with the top 10 list but i would put Guliad to 6, Abdi to 7 and Rakim to 8. I think Garry is also the best ''Scorer'' in the west
    baller1o1
    Freshman

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-07-19

Post by baller1o1 Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:25 pm

The Silverthorn Martingrove game will be good to see whos a better scorer Sukhpreet or Garry.
    basketball_west
    Freshman

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by basketball_west Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:37 pm

[quote="baller1o1"]The Silverthorn Martingrove game will be good to see whos a better scorer Sukhpreet or Garry.[/quote]

I agree
    GhostBall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 31

Post by GhostBall Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:50 am

Weston wins (TDSB) West Basketball
    StraightOutBaller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Post by StraightOutBaller Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:03 am

martingrove is gona lose to silverthorn no one can stop garry

and in the vaughn rd game here wil be no one stopin gulaid
    StraightOutBaller
    Freshman

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Post by StraightOutBaller Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:05 am

sukpreet can stop or score on gary
    balltall
    Freshman

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by balltall Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Richview is taken the west with no sweat. The only team that can PROBABLY come close to competing with them is Martingrove and they are most likely going to get skunked. Yes Vaughn Rd and Runnymede have came close with Richview but they were short handed. Weston may have some chance if they get back samuel but other than that no team can evenly match the Saints.
    B.I.D.M.
    Freshman

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

Post by B.I.D.M. Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:24 pm

#25 Mark Duncan is also a big reason why Vaughn Road is where they are right now... he may not be on the 25 point club buh he dos what has to be done to get a win... he also guards the best players on all the teams vaughn road had to face.. so i think tht says something big about
    rampaged
    Freshman

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2008-12-08

Post by rampaged Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Sorry to all Vaughan Road fans,

TCI for the second year in a row upset them in their own gym.

Playing from behind all game and down as much as 19 points in the second half, TCI came from behind to tie the game with a layup at the buzzer and win the game in overtime.

Final score: TCI 57 - VR 54 in OT

The TCI grade 9's came through donw the stretch with Calion Campbell and Gemel Smith leading the way with 18 and 14 pts. respectively. Guliad Omar rounded out the scoring with 11. VR was lead by Tevin Turner who caused nothing but problems for TCI hitting 5 or 6 3's and some impressive passing.

TCI will now face Martingrove on Wednesday who hung on to beat Silverthorn earlier today.

This is the rubber match between the two teams. Martingrove had a couple of starters benched and beat TCI who had only half their squad by 9. TCI then beat Martingrove by 15 without 2 starters and Martingrove was without Gurpreet. TCI and VR was probably the game of the West playoffs so far but this rubber match will definately be up there.
    StraightBallin
    Freshman

Number of posts : 23

Post by StraightBallin Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:42 am

There's no player on the MCI Squad named Gurpreet.. You might mean Sukhpreet?..

And congrats to TCI, I watched the game it was a huge upset for VR and I'm looking forward to watching MCI vs TCI on Wednesday.
    rampaged
    Freshman

Post by rampaged Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:41 pm

In back and forth defensive battle, TCI hung on late in the second half to beat Martingrove 37-33. TCI will now play the winner of Richview and Runnymede in the Toronto West Finals.
    rampaged
    Freshman

Post by rampaged Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:35 am

Richview smashed a disappointing Runnymede squad by 30.

The West final involves undefeated Richview and darkhorse TCI next week. Can TCI complete the trifecta by beating the top 3 teams in the Toronto West Playoffs?
    bears
    Freshman

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by bears Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:59 pm

im not even gonna lie guliad should be top 5 on that list
    i saw him at the martingrove game and he plays smart

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:14 am